CT - Eden Claxton, 74, murdered, at home, Stuns Quiet Stamford Neighborhood, July 2018 *Arrest*

Wire154a

Former Member
Reaction score
The chaos was unusual in a quiet enclave of Westover where even car break-ins are considered extremely rare.

Dozens of police officers and other first responders swarmed a Tudor-style home on Hycliff Terrace where a blood-covered woman in her 70s was found dead Monday morning.

Stamford Police Capt. Richard Conklin said investigators questioned the woman’s husband, who called 911 around 8:30 a.m. Monday to report his wife was “covered in blood and not breathing.”

Conklin declined to describe the circumstances of the woman’s death. Police have also not released the names of the couple, but Conklin said the victim was in her 70s.
--
the rest here: Woman’s death stuns quiet Stamford neighborhood -- Stamford Advocate

also see:
Elderly woman found dead and 'covered in blood' in upscale Connecticut home | Daily Mail Online
--
Police will not say whether they think the woman was murdered, saying only that they have questioned her husband who is now in hospital.

According to neighbors, noises were heard coming from the house at 2am on Monday, five hours before police arrived.

The husband was seen getting into an ambulance with a bruised and bloodied face after police showed up.
--

Yes. They were seen gardening the evening before and perhaps something went wrong.

One should neither wield a spade in anger, nor violently misuse a trowel.

We shall see. Quite sad either way, domestic in nature or not.

Last edited:
Stamford police question homeowner in Stamford woman’s death
--
“They were quiet. They kept to themselves,” said Dean Godown, 82, who has lived in his home for 42 years and estimated the Claxtons had been there for at least 25 years. She was from the Philippines and he is from England and worked in information technology, Godown said.
--
“They seemed happy together as far as I can tell,” Godown said.

Venturing a guess as to what happened, Godown speculated a murder-suicide, “with the suicide part not finished. It’s all a mystery. It totally came out of the blue,” he said.
--
more at Stamford Advocate

Article above has been updated:

STAMFORD — Police have identified the 74-year-old woman who was killed in her Westover home on Monday as Eden Claxton.

Police are being tight-lipped about the circumstances surrounding the death of a woman who was killed in her Westover home on Monday, but said they have interviewed the homeowner.

Lt. Tom Barcello said police are questioning Allen Claxton, 75, who was at the Hycliff Terrace home when his wife was killed.
-
“We are talking to (Claxton) and with the neighbors,” Barcello said. “With him, obviously, he was in the house and we will interview anyone that was in the neighborhood that may have seen or heard something.”
--
Stamford police question homeowner in Stamford woman’s death

Stamford Advocate:
ME: Stamford woman had throat slit in Westover killing
Eden Claxton, who was murdered in her Westover home Monday morning, died after her throat was slit, the state’s chief medical examiner said Wednesday.

An autopsy on Claxton, 74, showed that she was killed by “sharp force injury to the neck and extremities,” the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner determined, and has ruled her death a homicide.

No charges have been filed in the case yet, but police want to assure the public that Claxton’s death was an “isolated incident.”
--
Conklin said that police are actively talking to Allen Claxton. “We are getting a certain level of cooperation,” from Claxton, Conklin said.

Claxton is not currently in custody.

This is a beautiful neighborhood with a fair number of elderly couples in the area. It is close to an area where thefts occur but neighborhood is one with twisty turny hilly roads that are hard to make a quick escape from so crime is pretty low.

Stamford Advocate:

Husband of slain Stamford woman returns home to scene of grisly murder

His face marked with bruises and a black eye, Allen Claxton has returned to his Westover home, where police say his wife was found dead this week — the victim of the city’s second homicide in the past month.

Wearing an open shirt revealing ligature marks on his neck, the 75-year-old man opened the door to his Tudor-style home Thursday morning, but said he was advised to not speak about his wife’s death
-
"I’m a little concerned, but then again, I don’t see him as a violent man,” said Dean Godown, who has lived on Hycliff Terrace for more than 40 years. “I’m really not worried. I’m concerned, but not afraid. He is genuinely a nice guy, which makes it all the more bizarre.”
--
more at the link

Last edited:
IF it was an addict looking for a fix.... I'd imagine LE would be warning the neighborhood to be aware....
But no.
My other thought was they had a very bad fight and she lost. But wouldn't he be : a suspect/arrested/incarcerated by now ??
Just baffling.

Nothing new. I'm interested to see the way this one's adjudicated.
This is very surprising to me. Surely there's enough evidence to arrest the husband if he did kill her.

The neighbors heard noise at 2:30am and yet, the husband didn't call LE until 7:30 or 8:30am. Was he trying to figure out how he was going to explain this to police? Maybe he had been tied up. But why would someone slit her throat and not his?

Strange.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back