CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
The expert said on cross, nearing the end, she asked the defendant how old she was when she moved here.Someone mentioned she was born in Tenn. Did they move back home when she was a baby?
Yes. Her father did an internship/ residency or something like that in Tenessee - they then moved back to V. Not sure how long but college was there too for her. . She has lived in the US for at least 17 yrs. It’s where her daughter was brought up. JMO

Last edited:
I’m hopeful for some subtle snark in the State’s closing. “Even if FD had won the lottery and was deliriously happy, he still killed Jennifer. He can be happy and still murder her. And MT can be happy when she gets her hair colored on the 25th knowing Jennifer is missing and knowing she covered for Fotus. The defense will have you believe that there was so much happiness the night before there is no way there is a murder a foot. But happiness looks the same as being glib with guilty knowledge that you are in control of others. Glibness is being able to talk your way out of something without fear of consequences. Glibness is referring to a missing mom of 5 as a b*tch knowing she isn’t coming home. So let’s be clear about the nature of how happy and stress free FD and MT were during the events of the 23rd, 24th and 26th. It’s happiness of the most insincere variety.”
Will the contempt hearing be on Monday? If so, will it be streamed?

Will the contempt hearing be on Monday? If so, will it be streamed?
I believe Contempt moved to March 5 in front of another judge.
Monday’s is Charging Hearing - I am not 100% sure on the format. I’m used to that being when the jury is read the charges and jury instructions that go along with the charges. I don’t know if there is “argument” from the attorneys about the jury instructions before it goes to the jury.

Was having Petu testify last, supposed to be the defense side’s emotional equivalent of having Gloria Farber testify? If that was the purpose, I don’t think it worked.
Honestly I think Petu could have benefited from a translator as the issues I think she was trying to express were beyond her english capabilities unfortunately.

The wild part about the language barrier was that the defence could have set it up for her to have a translator and it would have shown how she communicated imo with MT. Could have been impactful but instead what I saw was a Petu who doesn't trust the police, seemed quite angry for reasons I don't understand on behalf of her good friend of 8 years, claimed she had important information to exonerate her friend but seemed to share none of it and even though she had heard MT complaining over the years didn't have the ability or willingness to say in Court that she saw behind the facades of either FD or MT.

Petu also was stunning because she didn't really have any reaction to the murder of JF. She seemed to almost not think about the murder and in that she reminded me of the hollow core person Hutch Haines whose 'pond attack' by LE he made to seem like a "grave robbery' or something equally foul.

SO interesting imo that the people in the lives of both FD an MT didn't really see behind the public masks and so saw nothing going on around them so far as their testimony in Court.

MOO

Monday’s is Charging Hearing - I am not 100% sure on the format. I’m used to that being when the jury is read the charges and jury instructions that go along with the charges. I don’t know if there is “argument” from the attorneys about the jury instructions before it goes to the jury.
Monday the attorneys and judge are going over jury instructions. Was supposed to do it today, but JS didn’t have his stuff ready.

Tuesday will be closing arguments starting @10:00, then judge will give jury instructions, exhibits will be brought back for jury & then they can start deliberating.

The way I heard it was that the atty's and Judge would meet to finalise the instructions on Monday and that they would be presented in final form to the jury on Tuesday. Horn said he hadn't gotten to the instructions yet (he had alot going on per usual) but would have alot to add. The jury instructions were to have been done by the atty's today but that didn't happen as who knows what all was going on behind the scenes?

So, the second part of what you are describing is what I believe will happen on Tuesday. But, before that happens the atty's and Judge have to meet to resolve the instructions and that happens on Monday. Was sad to watch as he has been solid presence in this trial. I think he counted on attorney's following the rules but sadly Jon Schoenhorn doesn't seem to respect the rules much and instead we saw him lie today and then he lied about lying too. Just like his client imo which gave me a good laugh.

Simply stunning that Judge R seemed so tired today that he was almost hoodwinked by Jon Shoenhorn on the discredited report. Hope the Judge rests up over the weekend as he looked done in today. Long trial with alot of stress (most of it unnecessary imo).

Guess we rest up and wait as this will be in jury hands shortly.

MOO

So, Judge lets JS off the hook for not be ready or submitting things on time. What's going to happen Monday if JS doesn't have his jury instructions ready? Or come Tuesday, he isn't ready to do Closing? Surely Judge won't delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl