CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do outside stimuli affect memory?

Expert doesn't understand the question.

Sleep deprivation, hunger, stressed, preoccupation will have affect on memory.

Does any kind of pressure --

People can be pressed to recount more. Sometimes it results in creations.

[Geez. Where's an expert on LYING? This case was NEVER about MT's memory and recall.]

Dr Loftus - Now explaining the 'elaborate stories' which are 'creations to respond to stress of the situation'.....

Did MT seem stressed in the LE Interviews?

I didn't see it. IMO MT seemed more annoyed and angry and certainly bothered.

MOO

Fav moment from dinner party guests:

'I know Spanish. I taught myself when we went to Spain for 12 days. '

:rolleyes:

You know....donde esta el bano?
and the must have...oh cabana boy, la carta de vino, por favor?
That was my favorite too. She said she likes to learn the language before she goes somewhere. I thought she was going to say I lived there for a year. I laughed out loud when she said 12 days. Bet the waiters hated her trying her “new fluency “ on them LOL

She really is all about herself. MOO

Towards the end of 1995, two women filed formal complaints against Loftus with the APA. Lynn Crooks and Jennifer Hoult had won civil suits in cases involving recovered memories of childhood sexual abuse, and both claimed that Loftus had distorted the facts of their cases in articles and interviews. Loftus resigned from the APA and critics speculated that she had caught wind of the complaints and left before a formal investigation could take place. But Loftus chalks her resignation up to political disagreements, saying she knew nothing of the complaints at the time.

In 1997, Loftus and several colleagues began to dig into a published case study describing an anonymous subject, 'Jane Doe', who had apparently recovered a repressed memory of childhood abuse. They found information that cast doubt on her account, but before they could publish, Doe contacted the University of Washington in Seattle, where Loftus was working, and accused the team of breaching her privacy.

The university confiscated Loftus's files, put her under investigation for nearly two years and prevented her from publishing. She was eventually cleared, and published the work in 2002. The next year, however, Doe sued Loftus and her collaborators for fraud, invasion of privacy, defamation and causing emotional distress.

It was at around that time that Loftus moved to the University of California, Irvine. The Jane Doe case was eventually settled in 2007, when the Supreme Court of California dismissed all but one of the charges and Loftus agreed to pay a nuisance settlement of $7,500. “It was such a stressful time, but I can't really say it was detrimental overall,” says Loftus.

Media coverage is one of the ways that leads witnesses to remember things incorrectly.

An arrest is stressful.

Stop signs. Thief jackets. Planting an entire event in someone's mind.

[Where is any of this relevant to MT?]

[MT held up under stress, maintaining her lies.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members