CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt she was the most conflicted about being a defense witness.

I also felt Hutch was conflicted and not really being truthful with himself. He described the pond/club as family. The dock like the family room. And someone in the family was appearing to be a murderer who may have hidden the body in the family yard.

I'd cry too, Hutch.

MOO
Totally agree. He knew or suspected that FD had brought evil to the pond. Tainted their sacred ground.
MOO.

The expert witness today....who helped like a 'Priest for Last Rights' per L&C chat :

Cost as I can figure: 6000.00 retainer fee

14 hours prior researching/working the case at 600 =8400
Travel time from CA ( eye roll ) to CT= 6 hrs x 600=3600
Meet with attorneys last night= 2 hrs x 600= 1200.00
Court today= (plus travel ) =4 hrs x 600= 2400.00
Travel back to CA 3600.00

Grand Total $$$ 25,250.00
Plus per diem for meals, hotel cost, flight cost, Uber/Taxi costs.

Something happened during Sgt Chris Allegra’s testimony. Well before Petu came to the witness chair. JS leaned over to “comfort?” MT as the Sgt left the room. Any idea?

Mama texted Michi....Told her the bank was closed. She's on her own to fund her own attorney for Contempt charges.???

Something happened during Sgt Chris Allegra’s testimony. Well before Petu came to the witness chair. JS leaned over to “comfort?” MT as the Sgt left the room. Any idea?

I think the lackluster defense presentation and knowing they are coming to the end of their testimony has got to have gotten to her. If her friend is one of the last, she must be overwhelmed by the fact that it is really possible that she will be convicted AND there is that pesky matter of the contempt of court. She is probably also ruing the decision to not leave the crap show that was FD. She knew he was a womanizer--- 2 wives, women disguised as men in his phone contacts, not to mention she herself had a relationship with him before he was separated (for whatever reason)--- and schemer (if JD had agreed to live at 4Jx --she wouldn't--- he would have kept access to her money, MT had to have known that money was not coming in, KM had told FD to stop paying the mortgage). She is undoubtedly kicking herself that he found another woman (AC) and offed himself leaving her to hold the bag for their plan and their deeds.

Interesting that counsel leaned over toward her because the three of them have been pretty silent and frosty with each other for awhile.

Post of the day!

You guys are great to "watch" this trial with, so many great minds and senses of humor.
Often times when things are grave a little levity goes a long way. Happens every day in ER's, OR's and Trauma centers , IMO.
Sad situations. Death situations. Horrific situations.
It's the only way to defeat the tears.
Kinda like an Irish wake.
MOO.

Totally agree. He knew or suspected that FD had brought evil to the pond. Tainted their sacred ground.
MOO.
I’m feeling this, yes—though to me his expression of it came off as… off. I wanted him to say “Jennifer.” Did I miss that?

HOWHOWHOW could he have known FD for years and not gotten glimpses of his true character? Or overlooked it? Not followed media reports? Odd, IMO

Or was he so steeped in that deeply superficial bro/party culture (eloquently described upthread by @kaen) that his commonalities w/FD blinded him?

Am not discounting FD’s penchant for cool duplicity with friends (& family).

Last edited:
What does scare me though was her statement about 'believing in her heart and soul that someone was guilty'....

Who is SHE to determine this?

Frightening to see this as she seems to believe herself to be GOD....

MOO
Yes- that she said that, and also was asking the prosecutor to testify for her by saying she'd trust his notes and not wanting her memory refreshed made her seem like a really slow learner to me.

I mean, she's been in 150 criminal trials. You think by now she'd understand a few tenants such as:

1) the jury evaluates guilt or not guilt
2) "innocence" is not evaluated by the jury
3) lawyers cant testify for witnesses

I get she studies cognitive psychology, not law, but... c'mon! Dudette! How can you not know these things after being a witness in 150 criminal trials?

MOO

I’m feeling this, yes—though to me his expression of it came off as… off. I wanted him to say “Jennifer.” Did I miss that?

HOWHOWHOW could he have known FD for years and not gotten glimpses of his true character? Or overlooked it? Not followed media reports? Odd, IMO

Or was he so steeped in that deeply superficial bro/party culture (eloquently described upthread) that his commonalities w/FD blinded him?

Am not discounting FD’s penchant for cool duplicity with friends (& family).

People don't want to see what they don't want to see. FD spent money and exerted influence. MT bought his lines. As did most. PG did not--- knew FD would try and hurt him with the NDA, would cut corners on a build--- but he felt like he had to go along bc FD brought up the immigration stuff which PG knew would be a major, deportable issue.

KM was a big player here who had power and influence within the local LE community. FD had him in his pocket. FD got people in his pocket somehow either through perceived financial power or roping them into a scheme that would get them in trouble. He even tried it with the nanny. PG knew he was a bad guy and that is why he helped JD move out.

I thought the same thoughts and went looking for an article from today and weirdly found an article stating that she broke down in tears 17 days ago when they played her first LE interview! I don't even remember that. Anyway here is that article (not from today) along with a colorful narration.

At one point Thursday, Troconis was seen with her glasses above her head and her hands on her face as she shed tears. She also wiped her nose with a tissue while sitting at the defense table.

One of her sisters gripped rosary beads as footage played while her mother held a prayer card during Thursday’s testimony, CT Insider reported.
Thanks for the link.

I need a vomit emoji!!

Two of Michael Jackson, 1990s, 2000s. Phil Specter, testified for the defense, 2009. Murder. Jerry Sandusky, and also admin.

Judge accepts zeal but will not tolerate lack of respect.

Bill Cosby, consulted. Testified in a civil case. Defense.

Harvey Weinstein. Robert Durst. Murder. Testified for the defense.

Did you believe any of those individuals suffered from false memories?

She had opinions. She thinks they didn't do some of things they were accused of, and did do others.

Asks about her lucrative career consulting for the defense. She says she gets paid just like he does --

McGuinness: do you think I make $700 an hour? --

Recess. Judge is mad. "Things are becoming unhinged".
Sometimes, the "argumentative" questions are the most entertaining.

MOO

Yes- that she said that, and also was asking the prosecutor to testify for her by saying she'd trust his notes and not wanting her memory refreshed made her seem like a really slow learner to me.

I mean, she's been in 150 criminal trials. You think by now she'd understand a few tenants such as:

1) the jury evaluates guilt or not guilt
2) "innocence" is not evaluated by the jury
3) lawyers cant testify for witnesses

I get she studies cognitive psychology, not law, but... c'mon! Dudette! How can you not know these things after being a witness in 150 criminal trials?

MOO
Not that it's such a big deal in this day and age but, she's 79.
MOO.
Long flight, working on the plane, meeting with attorneys, then on the stand in the morning.Can't be easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther