CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about MT's weeping. It really didn't seem to be spurred by anything occurring in court at the moment. However, news reports indicate that JF's 5 children accompanied GF during her testimony yesterday, which was heartwarming. This wouldn't have been lost on the T clan. I'm thinking that either MT or someone in her family tried to get MT's daughter on board with making an upcoming court appearance (showing support). Maybe the daughter declined or someone who had the daughter's best interest in mind axed the appearance. Maybe MT received a text notifying her that her daughter wouldn't be appearing and possibly hitting deeper WHY.

Oh, I see-so he gave him a copy! I was trying so hard to extend the benefit of the doubt.
So agree with you here.

Atty Mike Rose imo is not deserving of any benefit of the doubt and there was a very good reason that Judge Heller behind closed doors excused him from Family Court shortly after this period and he never made another appearance of behalf of FD.

Atty Mike Rose was imo simply another in a very long line of corruptible attorneys that FD seemed to have a genius for finding in Corrupticut.

Atty Mike Rose had never done a Family Court case either (he admitted this on the stand in his testimony) and so far as I can see in the file, his only purpose was to assist FD in filing obstructive and non productive motions to delay the process in Family Court. But, what imo got him 'excused' from Family Court was his role in the preparation of the FD false financial statements as well as the issue of the discredited Herman report copy that his word salad today on the stand combined with his nose twitching convinced me that you are absolutely correct.

MOO

Friday, February 23rd:
*Trial continues (Day 27) (@ 10am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Michelle C. Troconis (44/now 49) (Dulos’ GF) arrested & charged (6/1/19) & arraigned (6/3/19) with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence & hindering prosecution. Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond (on 6/3/19). These charges were dismissed (8/28/20) & recharged below.
*Charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (10/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague. Plead not guilty. $100K bond. Posted bond (on 9/5/19). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bond. Bond reduced (1/8/20) to $1.5M & bonded out (on 1/9/20). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (8/28/20) with 2nd degree hindering prosecution, tampering with physical evidence & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered yet. $500K bond. Posted bond. Off GPS 4/6/23.
The declaration of death for Jennifer was3 officially issued by Judge William P. Osterndorf on October 24, 2023.
Jury Selection began on 10/4/23 & ended 10/26/23. Another jury selection after dismissed jurors on 1/10/24. Now 6 jurors & 2 alternates. (4 women & 4 men).
Trial began on 1/11/24. State rested their case on 2/21/24. Defense started their case on 2/21/24. Closing arguments set for 2/27/24.
Superior Court Judge Kevin Randolph presiding for trial. Assistant State’s attorney Sean McGuinness & Supervisory assistant State’s attorney Michelle Manning & defense attorneys Jon Schoenhorn & Audrey Felson.

Bond info & Court info from 6/3/19 thru 12/6/23 & Jury Selection Day 1-11 (10/4-10/26/23), 2nd Jury Selection Day 1-2 (1/9 & 1/10/24) & Trial Day 1-25 (1/11-2/21/24) reference post #1398 here:
[URL unfurl="false”]https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-64.704500/page-70[/URL]

2/22/24 Thursday Trial Day 26: Judge Randolph granted a protective order that sets parameters for expected testimony from former Fotis Dulos attorney Michael Rose. He will not have to testify on “direct communications of legal advice & strategy” with Fotis Dulos, or any testimony on any sealed documents from the Duloses’ divorce proceedings. On Wednesday, Randolph denied a motion to quash a subpoena for Rose.
Defense witnesses: Elizabeth Loftus, a 22-year professor at the University of California-Irvine & an experimental psychologist who specializes in human memory and the cognitive processing of information & teaches course on eyewitness testimony.
Attorney Michael Rose, Fotis' divorce attorney. Connecticut State Police Sgt. Christoper Allegro, a former detective on Western District Major Crime Squad, testified about his interview with Fotis Dulos’ former employee Pawel Gumienny in the wake of Jennifer Dulos’ disappearance.
At the close of Thursday's proceedings, Randolph said that the court is "anticipating," with a heavy emphasis on the word, that the defense will rest its case on Friday. Schoenhorn told Randolph that he & his co-counsel found it would be “inappropriate” to represent Troconis during the contempt hearing, so Troconis is reaching out to find other counsel for the hearing. If a finding of contempt is found, sanctions will not be imposed until the jury delivers a verdict on the criminal charges, Randolph said.
for more info see post #336 here:
[URL unfurl="false”] https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-65.705012/page-17[/URL]
Trial continues on Friday, 2/23/24.

Just putting this Patch article here but as we have seen with the case from the beginning there is rarely a straight line from pt a to pt b ever.

Quote from Patch:

"Kent Mawhinney has not invoked his Fifth Amendment right," Kestenband wrote in an email to Patch. "That is all I am willing to say on the record at this point."

The Stamford Advocate reported that Stamford Superior Court Judge Kevin Randolph, and Assistant State's Attorney Sean McGuinness, both seemed to indicate that Mawhinney invoked the privilege.

I have no idea on the sourcing of this article but it appears that KM attorneys said KM would not confirm the State's assertion as to KM taking the 5th in MT Trial had he appeared.

Who knows what is going on but I hope we learn more tomorrow in Court and I do very much wonder if this could have been the source of the need for the sidebar we saw in Court at the close of the day?

Stay tuned.

MOO

What is the strategic move that KM is attempting to do right now? It definitely has a purpose; I just cannot figure it out.
IMHO garbage.

I'm no lawyer, but you can't pre-invoke your 5th Amendment privilege. I mean there's no real standing. The Prosecution couldn't have put him on the stand because that was the risk -- he'd invoke, answer nothing and it would confuse the jury to know end.

IMHO KM's attorney is simply earning his paycheck. "Invoking the 5th" has a connotation. It gives the appearance one has something to hide. Protection from self-incrimination. IMO MT could have and maybe should have "invoked her 5th" and not answered questions. Let her attorney do the talking. She thought she could beat the system. Hold out. Keep the salad spinner spinning. She wanted to talk.

Neither KM nor his attorney are under oath in the press. Wanna bet -- his attorney's fingers were crossed behind his back.

Classic posturing for the media. He knows the State isn't calling his client. It's safe to say that KM would have spoken freely on the stand, now!

Possibly KM was offered a sweetheart deal but balked at the terms, opted for hard ball and thinks he can beat the system at trial. If that's the case, I hope his gamble fails spectacularly.

Arranging an alibi for someone in order to give them cover under which to commit murder is conspiring... didn't tell the truth about what he knew for the same reason MT talked a lot but lied more. Couldn't sing without self-incrimination and knew it.

If we could rewind the tape by a few days, call KM to the stand, we can bet our bottom dollar, he'd have pleaded the 5th.

His attorney used the media the same way the Defense and the defendant's family have.

Hogwash.

JMO

Last edited:
IMHO garbage.

I'm no lawyer, but you can't pre-invoke your 5th Amendment privilege. I mean there's no real standing. The Prosecution couldn't have put him on the stand because that was the risk -- he'd invoke, answer nothing and it would confuse the jury to know end.

IMHO KM's attorney is simply earning his paycheck. "Invoking the 5th" has a connotation. It gives the appearance one has something to hide. Protection from self-incrimination. IMO MT could have and maybe should have "invoked her 5th" and not answered questions. Let her attorney do the talking. She thought she could beat the system. Hold out. Keep the salad spinner spinning. She wanted to talk.

Neither KM nor his attorney are under oath in the press. Wanna bet -- his attorney's fingers were crossed behind his back.

Classic posturing for the media. He knows the State isn't calling his client. It's safe to say that KM would have spoken freely on the stand, now!

Possibly KM was offered a sweetheart deal but balked at the terms, opted for hard ball and thinks he can beat the system at trial. If that's the case, I hope his gamble fails spectacularly.

Arranging an alibi for someone in order to give them cover under which to commit murder is conspiring... didn't tell the truth about what he knew for the same reason MT talked a lot but lied more. Couldn't sing without self-incrimination and knew it.

If we could rewind the tape by a few days, call KM to the stand, we can bet our bottom dollar, he'd have pleaded the 5th.

His attorney used the media the same way the Defense and the defendant's family have.

Hogwash.

JMO

Agree.

You can be subpoenaed to court, then choose to not answer each question you declare is asking you to incriminate yourself. (It could be contemptuous to refuse to answer questions which would not incriminate yourself. Thus, you can't blanket refuse to take the stand; it's not like a LE interview, where you have the right to stay silent about everything.)

The attorney could be telling the truth in a deceptive way; you can't take the 5th until you are sworn in and asked a question.

He may not have been asked in because the thought by the prosecution was he would only add a distraction (Look! PG and KM did it while my client was showing rugs and/or on her phone.) The distraction would have been closer to compelling as an alternate theory if he took the fifth a lot. LE does think he did it. But the defense might try to influence the jury to deliberate if Kent OR Michelle did it, rather than if Kent AND Michelle did it, or not.

Or, he may not have been asked by the prosecution because he would just seem like a self-serving liar when he testified to things that pointed to Michelle.

MOO

I've been thinking about MT's weeping. It really didn't seem to be spurred by anything occurring in court at the moment. However, news reports indicate that JF's 5 children accompanied GF during her testimony yesterday, which was heartwarming. This wouldn't have been lost on the T clan. I'm thinking that either MT or someone in her family tried to get MT's daughter on board with making an upcoming court appearance (showing support). Maybe the daughter declined or someone who had the daughter's best interest in mind axed the appearance. Maybe MT received a text notifying her that her daughter wouldn't be appearing and possibly hitting deeper WHY.

Her daughter is quite a skier and, as I understand it, has abandoned the “Troconis” name on the Olympic Ski Circuit competitions. Maybe a permanent drop, who knows, but that’s gotta be rough on MT and her family, who adore their surname. Considering it’s Winter and qualifying season, she's busy on the slopes, for sure and I think it’s a good thing she’s focusing on more healthy pursuits than her mother’s criminal trial. She’s 17 years old by now. I do hope the best for her and that she’s able to thrive into a mentally healthy young lady. She certainly has experienced some horrifying family bad habits/consequences that would be best to avoid. Dropping the Troconis name might be a step in the right direction.

What is the strategic move that KM is attempting to do right now? It definitely has a purpose; I just cannot figure it out.
@lucegirl…..think we have a SOS …..

Can KM enter the mix at this late date after State has rested? The witness list issue seems a bit flexible on the defence side but KM was originally on State witness list.

Oh the games…..

Moo

@lucegirl…..think we have a SOS …..

Can KM enter the mix at this late date after State has rested? The witness list issue seems a bit flexible on the defence side but KM was originally on State witness list.

Oh the games…..

Moo
I think if the prosecution or the defense wanted him to testify, have been subpoenaed.

It's not up to Kent. Neither side thought he'd add to their arguments once crossed by the other.

MOO

I think it was the friend that made her way to the stand. It gets real when it is not experts up there but friends and you realize how dire your situation is.

Her daughter is quite a skier and, as I understand it, has abandoned the “Troconis” name on the Olympic Ski Circuit competitions. Maybe a permanent drop, who knows, but that’s gotta be rough on MT and her family, who adore their surname. Considering it’s Winter and qualifying season, she's busy on the slopes, for sure and I think it’s a good thing she’s focusing on more healthy pursuits than her mother’s criminal trial. She’s 17 years old by now. I do hope the best for her and that she’s able to thrive into a mentally healthy young lady. She certainly has experienced some horrifying family bad habits/consequences that would be best to avoid. Dropping the Troconis name might be a step in the right direction.
so If she has dropped the Troconis name what is she using? I have not seen any indication that the father is/was in her life at all. Maybe I have that wrong?

the defence’s expert for hire reminded me of Dorothy Lewis’ testimony at the Letecia Stauch trial (which infuriated me). both them have been peddling their pseudo science for decades - always for the defence, in high profile cases and for top dollar. both use the same examples time after time, but are also willing to agree with the defence in the face of all other evidence. the only point in Dr Lewis’ favour was that she at least bothered to talk to her defendant!
moo

The Troconis Taint spreads far and wide.

From CT to nearly South Pole, CT to Colorado. Poland, Greece, Venezuela, Miami.

Ski ponds to ski mountains …

If FD had met any other woman … JF would be driving her kids to school right now.
I get MT is from Venezuela but family in Miami. What is her connection to Poland?

The Troconis Taint spreads far and wide.

From CT to nearly South Pole, CT to Colorado. Poland, Greece, Venezuela, Miami.

Ski ponds to ski mountains …

If FD had met any other woman … JF would be driving her kids to school right now.
Oh, he met other women, this one just happened to have the same intent in mind (themselves) and, unfortunately, murder was the only way to fulfill their personal needs. Partner in crime. Hoping for a conviction next week.

JS still can't find the button on the 1976 overhead projector.

JS is showing very blurry texts.

Agree.

You can be subpoenaed to court, then choose to not answer each question you declare is asking you to incriminate yourself. (It could be contemptuous to refuse to answer questions which would not incriminate yourself. Thus, you can't blanket refuse to take the stand; it's not like a LE interview, where you have the right to stay silent about everything.)

The attorney could be telling the truth in a deceptive way; you can't take the 5th until you are sworn in and asked a question.

He may not have been asked in because the thought by the prosecution was he would only add a distraction (Look! PG and KM did it while my client was showing rugs and/or on her phone.) The distraction would have been closer to compelling as an alternate theory if he took the fifth a lot. LE does think he did it. But the defense might try to influence the jury to deliberate if Kent OR Michelle did it, rather than if Kent AND Michelle did it, or not.

Or, he may not have been asked by the prosecution because he would just seem like a self-serving liar when he testified to things that pointed to Michelle.

MOO
Just brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members