GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and so very true. As one of our ardent earlier followers tended to suggest - and I unfortunately agree - seems we best lower our expectations as to anything being done with the former defense counsel JS and AF on the sealed restricted Report display. And add to that, lower expectations to subterranean levels IMO.

Most unfortunate if the case too. Why IMO both JS and AF are not being (or have not been investigated and questioned) and brought into court under oath to testify on the record is beneath me? Appalling lapse in ethical and legal investigation and accountability. And it will be most unfortunate if the CT court, judicial system do not hold any violating this to account. And one would hope that defense counsel JS and AF were also reported to the CT Office of Disciplinary Council for their conduct and formally requesting investigation of it. (Including also the multiple attempts IIRC that both defense counsel made to introduce the sealed restricted Report (or variants of it) on the record, in court! MOO
Bravo!!

Yes, and so very true. As one of our ardent earlier followers tended to suggest - and I unfortunately agree - seems we best lower our expectations as to anything being done with the former defense counsel JS and AF on the sealed restricted Report display. And add to that, lower expectations to subterranean levels IMO.

Most unfortunate if the case too. Why IMO both JS and AF are not being (or have not been investigated and questioned) and brought into court under oath to testify on the record is beneath me? Appalling lapse in ethical and legal investigation and accountability. And it will be most unfortunate if the CT court, judicial system do not hold any violating this to account. And one would hope that defense counsel JS and AF were also reported to the CT Office of Disciplinary Council for their conduct and formally requesting investigation of it. (Including also the multiple attempts IIRC that both defense counsel made to introduce the sealed restricted Report (or variants of it) on the record, in court! MOO

I don't know about CT, but I recently learned that in the state of Colorado, such complaints (as cited by OP), and request for the incident to be investigated, can be made by anyone including the public.

Incoming complaints are addressed by a division of the Supreme Court or the "Attorney Regulation Counsel."

If the investigation reveals inappropriate and/or unethical behavior by the attorney, they are called to appear before the State Supreme Court to answer the complaint, and can be subject discipline including a fine, suspension, or disbarment.

Disciplinary prosecutions of lawyers are adjudicated publicly

I don't know about CT, but I recently learned that in the state of Colorado, such complaints (as cited by OP), and request for the incident to be investigated, can be made by anyone including the public.

Incoming complaints are addressed by a division of the Supreme Court or the "Attorney Regulation Counsel."

If the investigation reveals inappropriate and/or unethical behavior by the attorney, they are called to appear before the State Supreme Court to answer the complaint, and can be subject discipline including a fine, suspension, or disbarment.

Disciplinary prosecutions of lawyers are adjudicated publicly
@Seattle1, this matter was reported to Atty Gen. William Tong two days after the Contempt charge was made against MT (with a copy of the letter sent to Judge Randolph and Judge White in Stamford). The Press never reported on any possibility of attorney involvement even after the very clear imo video showed both attorney's were well aware of what was on MT screen. The Jon Schoenhorn comment about not being near the desk was imo frankly laughable if you look at a longer video of his placement at the desk and his proximity to the MT computer. Atty Audrey Felson was sitting maybe 5" from MT and the MT computer screen was tipped directly into her field of vision imo for a good period of time. Judge Randolph did nothing and the State did not file charges either so far as I've been able to see publicly. The States Atty investigated the matter, looked at the same videos we saw and probably had better resolution too and YET they did not choose to go after the attorneys. But, does this surprise you as they didn't choose to pursue sanctions or contempt against Jon Schoenhorn after he withheld case evidence in his possession for over a year! The State just put forward a weak effort to get him dismissed from the case which was a low probability event imo given where the trial was at that point. BUT, Judge Randolph could have done something to Jon Schoenhorn regarding the evidence being withheld AND HE DID NOTHING TOO.

Not unsurprisingly, zero has been done. I think the best way to describe 'regulation' of attorneys in CT is "non regulation'. Judges routinely let flagrant violation slide and iirc it took a very courageous Judge in the Alex Jones trial who had effectively reached the end of their rope dealing with the games and rule violations of the infamous Norm Pattis to report him. I've lost track of exactly how many attorney's FD had over the year (7 or 8) as he moved through Family, Civil and Criminal Courts in CT but even when FD and his attorney Michael Rose lied on the stand and in the submitted documents the presiding Judge Heller simply wrote a memo denouncing the lying and then proceeded to 'boot' Atty Rose for his role but she did it behind closed doors and with no sanctions or punishment to him. This then allowed the MT Defense "Dream Team" to bring Atty Rose back to the stand in the MT trial where imo he chose to not tell the truth. My guess is that Judge Randolph knew that Atty Rose (and GAL Atty Meehan for that matter too) didn't tell the truth but he did zero to any of the attorneys, including good friend and MT attorney, Jon Schoenhorn.

Its tough to have much hope that anything will change in CT if the Judges who are on the forefront of the issue choose to do zero to impose order and standards in their courtrooms AND don't report the behaviour of rule breaking attorneys. Judge Randolph did zero to address any of the rule violations of either Jon Schoenhorn or Audrey Felson and the harshest statement he uttered on the record was directed iirc at Audrey Felson when he said she had, "...crossed a doubt yellow line...". IMO Schoenhorn and Felson made a mockery of Judge Randolph and his court room and if he wasn't willing to do anything about the situation then I'm not sure anything will ever change.

Its all something of an inside joke imo as if you go down the laundry list just of FD attorneys and make a list of rule violations then imo it would be a very very long list. AND, this doesn't include the games in Court of co-conspirator Kent Mawhinney!

MOO

@Seattle1, this matter was reported to Atty Gen. William Tong two days after the Contempt charge was made against MT (with a copy of the letter sent to Judge Randolph and Judge White in Stamford). The Press never reported on any possibility of attorney involvement even after the very clear imo video showed both attorney's were well aware of what was on MT screen. The Jon Schoenhorn comment about not being near the desk was imo frankly laughable if you look at a longer video of his placement at the desk and his proximity to the MT computer. Atty Audrey Felson was sitting maybe 5" from MT and the MT computer screen was tipped directly into her field of vision imo for a good period of time. Judge Randolph did nothing and the State did not file charges either so far as I've been able to see publicly. The States Atty investigated the matter, looked at the same videos we saw and probably had better resolution too and YET they did not choose to go after the attorneys. But, does this surprise you as they didn't choose to pursue sanctions or contempt against Jon Schoenhorn after he withheld case evidence in his possession for over a year! The State just put forward a weak effort to get him dismissed from the case which was a low probability event imo given where the trial was at that point. BUT, Judge Randolph could have done something to Jon Schoenhorn regarding the evidence being withheld AND HE DID NOTHING TOO.

Not unsurprisingly, zero has been done. I think the best way to describe 'regulation' of attorneys in CT is "non regulation'. Judges routinely let flagrant violation slide and iirc it took a very courageous Judge in the Alex Jones trial who had effectively reached the end of their rope dealing with the games and rule violations of the infamous Norm Pattis to report him. I've lost track of exactly how many attorney's FD had over the year (7 or 8) as he moved through Family, Civil and Criminal Courts in CT but even when FD and his attorney Michael Rose lied on the stand and in the submitted documents the presiding Judge Heller simply wrote a memo denouncing the lying and then proceeded to 'boot' Atty Rose for his role but she did it behind closed doors and with no sanctions or punishment to him. This then allowed the MT Defense "Dream Team" to bring Atty Rose back to the stand in the MT trial where imo he chose to not tell the truth. My guess is that Judge Randolph knew that Atty Rose (and GAL Atty Meehan for that matter too) didn't tell the truth but he did zero to any of the attorneys, including good friend and MT attorney, Jon Schoenhorn.

Its tough to have much hope that anything will change in CT if the Judges who are on the forefront of the issue choose to do zero to impose order and standards in their courtrooms AND don't report the behaviour of rule breaking attorneys. Judge Randolph did zero to address any of the rule violations of either Jon Schoenhorn or Audrey Felson and the harshest statement he uttered on the record was directed iirc at Audrey Felson when he said she had, "...crossed a doubt yellow line...". IMO Schoenhorn and Felson made a mockery of Judge Randolph and his court room and if he wasn't willing to do anything about the situation then I'm not sure anything will ever change.

Its all something of an inside joke imo as if you go down the laundry list just of FD attorneys and make a list of rule violations then imo it would be a very very long list. AND, this doesn't include the games in Court of co-conspirator Kent Mawhinney!

MOO
CT is unique in that its AG doesn’t deal with criminal issues—that’s the Chief State’s Attorney’s office. IMO that’s the agency that should be investigating the involvement of MT’s lawyers in her contempt of court charge—conspiracy? They already investigated some of the computer-stored data, as I read. Certainly they should be able to prove how and when the psych report got on MT’s computer. Maybe they are doing so, or have done so? I’d think any member of the public could make a FOI request of the Chief State’s Atty’s office for records relating to an investigation of the matter, if there isn't a journalist diligent enough to do so. CSA might respond that they're exempt from complying because it's an open investigation. That would give the public some clue as to what's going on.

CT is unique in that its AG doesn’t deal with criminal issues—that’s the Chief State’s Attorney’s office. IMO that’s the agency that should be investigating the involvement of MT’s lawyers in her contempt of court charge—conspiracy? They already investigated some of the computer-stored data, as I read. Certainly they should be able to prove how and when the psych report got on MT’s computer. Maybe they are doing so, or have done so? I’d think any member of the public could make a FOI request of the Chief State’s Atty’s office for records relating to an investigation of the matter, if there isn't a journalist diligent enough to do so. CSA might respond that they're exempt from complying because it's an open investigation. That would give the public some clue as to what's going on.
Thank you for the insight….. that is helpful. And it does seem that the two MT defense counsel should also be properly investigated.

In the state in which I reside (not CT) the Office of Disciplinary Counsel assists the State and State Supreme Court regulate the practice of law. AFAIK lawyers in the state have been sanctioned and disbarred for certain conduct or actions. They need to be held accountable.

IANAL, and maybe in this MT case it is good that MT sentencing for conspiracy / murder charges is first completed. Then any contempt findings for MT are then held and finalized in that court. And then the defense counsel JS and AF are fully and properly investigated by the appropriate CT Chief State’s Attorney office for their actions. As noted, that should include tracking and tracing electronically the source of the ‘Report’ that MT had on her computer. MOO

As we await the sentencing hearing, I like to remember Judge Randolph's words from the appeal hearing:

Randolph said he twice sat through Troconis’ eight hours of interviews and was struck by “inconsistencies about material matters,” some of which were propped up further by a “cascade of circumstantial evidence” during the monthlong trial.
(BBM)
Don't think the Judge thinks the only mistake MT made was "falling in love with the wrong man...at the wrong time." (per her father)

This is interesting information. I bet nobody is doing this, though, even with the extra time alloted prior to sentencing her for contempt.

As we await the sentencing hearing, I like to remember Judge Randolph's words from the appeal hearing:

Randolph said he twice sat through Troconis’ eight hours of interviews and was struck by “inconsistencies about material matters,” some of which were propped up further by a “cascade of circumstantial evidence” during the monthlong trial.
(BBM)
Don't think the Judge thinks the only mistake MT made was "falling in love with the wrong man...at the wrong time." (per her father)
Among endless mistakes, we CAN say this -- FOTIS.DULOS
fell for the wrong woman ... at the wrong time.

Bears repeating -- Fotis was the tinderbox but MT was the match.

Which makes sense... because... she's all about lighting fires, no matter the month.

These two deserved each other.

If only they'd left Jennifer and her five children well enough alone.

Jmo

Attachments

• IMG_2099.jpeg
    IMG_2099.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors