Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #15 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if NP ever got on file that request for an August 2019 jury trial on the tampering charges in the Fotis von Dulos case, for which NP said at the arraignment and bond hearing that he and his orange jump-suited client would be ready by such time?

Did I miss a motion?

IMO/JMO/MOO
I think the judge pretty much shut him down on that ... saying he may have the right to a speedy trial but August is way too soon to be expecting one . Paraphrasing

RLity bites. Marco Polo. Fish out of water.

No fish.

Go fish.

NP’s strange two nickels reporter speech bravado (see FD arraignment/bond setting video at ~10:00 in) reminded me of trouble yes sir my god I said we’ve got trouble right here in river city.

1920 called, Mr. Pattis, and it would like its analogy back, please.

IMO/JMO/MOO

RLity bites. Marco Polo. Fish out of water.

No fish.

Go fish.

NP’s strange two nickels reporter speech bravado (see FD arraignment/bond setting video at ~10:00 in) reminded me of trouble yes sir my god I said we’ve got trouble right here in river city.

1920 called, Mr. Pattis, and it would like its analogy back, please.

IMO/JMO/MOO[/

lol.... NP has to have a minor in theatrics in college for sure .... nobody and I mean Nooooobody bought his... my poor widdle client is being set up by his conniving soon to be ex wife .... no way no how no where ... He’s trying to get the judge to set a trail date for August before LE can complete the investigation and charge him with murder ... good Lawd he is hard to watch albeit articulate but a drama queen that makes Sara Bernhardt look like an amateur and no I’m not afraid to show my age ....

I wonder if NP ever got on file that request for an August 2019 jury trial on the tampering charges in the Fotis von Dulos case, for which NP said at the arraignment and bond hearing that he and his orange jump-suited client would be ready by such time?

Did I miss a motion?

IMO/JMO/MOO
@CarefullyTaught, Nope. You missed nothing. Pattis was grandstanding and Judge at the arraignment shut down the August date while still acknowleding FD right to speedy trial. Still thinking about this entire exchange and wondered what if anything does Pattis know about JD body or was this pure BS and poetry on part of Pattis? Was Pattis making a bet on no body murder charges never sticking or even whether murder charges would ever be filed? Entire idea of August trial seemed foolish and a foolhardy move IMO.

But I'm still wondering why he did it? I know he was and still is desperate for any info from the State but why push for August trial? Seemed nuts when investigation was in early days yet....

Went back and looked at some of the JD blog entries and this one is where JD discusses moving across country and taking her King Charles Spaniel on the journey:

Quote from below blog:

"I drove cross-country with Sophie on my lap in October 1999. She slept on my lap all across flat Kansas, where the cruise control was on 70, and my legs were up and across to the passenger seat. I snuck her into Vegas. We celebrated in LA together. She moved out west with me in 2000, to Colorado, when I moved there, knowing no one, but knowing it was where I needed to be".

"But I was not alone. I had Sophie, this beautiful, slightly high-strung, soft, loving and touching dog. She slept at my head. She loved men. She wanted me to find someone so she could love him as intensely too".

"She died at 8 years old. Two years before Fotis re-entered my life".

The Best Part of My Night

@CarefullyTaught, Nope. You missed nothing. Pattis was grandstanding and Judge at the arraignment shut down the August date while still acknowleding FD right to speedy trial. Still thinking about this entire exchange and wondered what if anything does Pattis know about JD body or was this pure BS and poetry on part of Pattis? Was Pattis making a bet on no body murder charges never sticking or even whether murder charges would ever be filed? Entire idea of August trial seemed foolish and a foolhardy move IMO.

But I'm still wondering why he did it? I know he was and still is desperate for any info from the State but why push for August trial? Seemed nuts when investigation was in early days yet....

Grandstanding with a capital G! Nothing more. Nothing less.

In the early days I believe Pattis was trying to get as much publicity as he could while the gettin' was good since he didn't know when LE would pop up with something found in the garbage. He knew about the idiots on video and fully expected body parts to show up. (He also had a planned vacation.)

I still think evidence was gathered at the garbage place, perhaps more sponges/clothes with DNA, only shredded. I just don't believe LE combed through every last bit of that foul-smelling stuff without a bit of evidence to keep them motivated.

Last edited:
I also believe what this cop does-it’s a ruse.
It has been pretty clear so far that MT's attorney initiated the no contact request and isn't speaking about anything. It would make more sense to me if NP had requested the no contact ruling as a cover for an ongoing supportive relationship between MT and FD. Nothing so far has convinced me that there is any love lost between MT's attorney and NP.

I agree that MT isn't afraid of FD and wouldn't be. But, I think her mother and attorney and perhaps a few others may have convinced her to look out for herself and respond accordingly. Requesting and complying with a court order to have no contact with FD goes a long way with a jury in convincing them of her cooperation and for consideration of future leniency. MOO MOO

It has been pretty clear so far that MT's attorney initiated the no contact request and isn't speaking about anything. It would make more sense to me if NP had requested the no contact ruling as a cover for an ongoing supportive relationship between MT and FD. Nothing so far has convinced me that there is any love lost between MT's attorney and NP.

I agree that MT isn't afraid of FD and wouldn't be. But, I think her mother and attorney and perhaps a few others may have convinced her to look out for herself and respond accordingly. Requesting and complying with a court order to have no contact with FD goes a long way with a jury in convincing them of her cooperation and for consideration of future leniency. MOO MOO

Why do you suppose Kevin Smith ended up in her courtroom on Thursday? I’d like to know what he thinks he is doing there, and why he got away with it? Did the judge have to allow his presence because a courtroom is a public place? Surely the judge thinks what we think re: intimidation or influence.

Why do you suppose Kevin Smith ended up in her courtroom on Thursday? I’d like to know what he thinks he is doing there, and why he got away with it? Did the judge have to allow his presence because a courtroom is a public place? Surely the judge thinks what we think re: intimidation or influence.
Do we know if MT would even know who Kevin Smith was by appearance alone if he wasn't pointed out to her?

Just wanted to update on the ongoing NC issue of camera coverage in NC Waveny Park. The change.org petition was successful in getting dialog started but so far as I can see even though the NCPD Chief participated in the discussion of the Selectman, the process of handling the RFD for the project was punted back to Parks and Rec and doesn't seem to be handled by NCPD so far as I can tell.

Doesn't look like cameras will be in the park any time soon though due to RFP process and meeting schedule of Selectman.

Given this is a security issue I don't understand why NCPD isn't taking lead given their expertise with the technology and understanding of what would be necessary in any investigation of crime. Will have to follow up to see why this is the case.

Here is article for more details:
New Canaan works toward cameras in Waveny

Last edited:
No, I believe the Judge or Court Clerk could have excused Atty Smith as they have discretion as to who is in the courtroom. IMO I believe the prescence of Atty Smith to be a thuggish attempt at intimidation of MT as by extension he is a paid/unpaid representative of FD. FD and all 3rd parties have a no contact order in place with MT.

Again do not understand why the court is not enforcing orders that it put in place. IMO this was an aggressive and unncessary event that never should have been allowed. MT has no doubt watched the news coverage and so knew exactly who Atty Smith with.

To me the prescence of Atty Smith is signaling to MT as well as the public that we see you and can find you any time we wish and there is nothing you, your atty or the courts can do to protect you. Essentially Pattis & Crew is saying WE ARE WATCHING YOU! Frightening thing to have happened and again its quite disappointing to see the CT Courts do nothing to enforce their actions or protect individuals involved in court appearances. MOO

Went back and looked at some of the JD blog entries and this one is where JD discusses moving across country and taking her King Charles Spaniel on the journey:

Quote from below blog:

"I drove cross-country with Sophie on my lap in October 1999. She slept on my lap all across flat Kansas, where the cruise control was on 70, and my legs were up and across to the passenger seat. I snuck her into Vegas. We celebrated in LA together. She moved out west with me in 2000, to Colorado, when I moved there, knowing no one, but knowing it was where I needed to be".

"But I was not alone. I had Sophie, this beautiful, slightly high-strung, soft, loving and touching dog. She slept at my head. She loved men. She wanted me to find someone so she could love him as intensely too".

Fotis RE-entering her life was a well thought out plan. IMO, it was not a coincidence that they “ran into” each other at the Denver airport. Or that he “found himself” living less than 2 miles away from her, per her blogs.
No. He had a plan. It might not have been JFD, but it was any one that fit a detailed target. She just happened to fit his ideal woman description for a future partner and fell into his trap.

IMO Judge Heller had an extremely well-funded litigious sociopath/malignant narcissist on her hands, one who delighted in "gaming the

Quote from below blog:

dogs can always sniff a rat out.

Just wanted to update on the ongoing NC issue of camera coverage in NC Waveny Park. The change.org petition was successful in getting dialog started but so far as I can see even though the NCPD Chief participated in the discussion of the Selectman, the process of handling the RFD for the project was punted back to Parks and Rec and doesn't seem to be handled by NCPD so far as I can tell.

Doesn't look like cameras will be in the park any time soon though due to RFP process and meeting schedule of Selectman.

Given this is a security issue I don't understand why NCPD isn't taking lead given their expertise with the technology and understanding of what would be necessary in any investigation of crime. Will have to follow up to see why this is the case.

Here is article for more details:
New Canaan works toward cameras in Waveny
It is possible that if the police dept. pursues the camera purchase and installation it comes out of their budget, if they punt it back to P and R then it comes out of their budget. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz