GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #9 *ARRESTS*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by doodles1211, May 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Well the honest ones will tell you three things about defending their clients:

1. It's not about getting them the least amount of time, necessarily. It's about forcing the government to comply with constitutional due process protections.

2. There may be various motivators that justify a lesser sentence. It's always really a process between the state and the defense to come to a reasonable consequence and the state will usually ask for the most they can get even if that's not reasonable under the circumstances.

3. We have an unequal system of justice in the US that favors certain people and penalizes others. Defense attorneys are well aware and work to remedy that. That wouldn't apply here but it applies usually.

24Brix, Sunny123, PixieStix and 35 others like this.
  2. LVatty10

LVatty10 Verified Attorney

Exactly. My crim defense atty friends say that they protect the innocent by defending the guilty. Gotta keep the govt in check. The moment the state doesn’t have to follow the rules to convict FD and other guilties, they won’t have to follow rules at all and can blame and convict whoever they want.

I couldn’t do it but they a play a very critical role in our justice system. Love them or hate them but we need them.

(I know you know this, @gitana1 )

3. Dmcp

Dmcp Well-Known Member

I agree regarding the detection risk although there is that and it would be very odd to see a man walking through those woods. But I tried to get a basketball out of the woods the other day in that general area close to the house and it was not a ‘ten minute mile’ pace to do so. I think it is impossible without getting hurt to move at a pace that would be a) rapid or b) predictable in a planned event. JMO

Flicka1, Alkali13, tmar and 8 others like this.
  4. Mountain Misst

Mountain Misst FA in Aus.

From the cases I've followed over the years, I've noticed that many a perpetrator of a murder has left the trail of crumbs (victim's vehicle on this occasion) in the totally opposite direction from where they want LE to look.

EmilyVan, Traymar, Flicka1 and 24 others like this.
  5. MemPat

MemPat The EARTH without ART is just EH.

LE could very well have found many pieces in the garbage place which they have chosen not to divulge until finishing the search. I'm counting on that even if it's just more bits of sponge and towels with Jennifer's DNA.

I wonder if they've taken the children to the house to go over the remaining towels and figure out how many are missing. The housekeeper would also be helpful with this and it just adds to the little circumstantial building blocks for the case.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Chocoholic, Flicka1, tmar and 9 others like this.
  6. Canchance

Canchance Well-Known Member

Seems most likely to me that somebody picked him up after he jogged thru the park to a nearby location.

Flicka1, tmar, Mimi in London and 9 others like this.
  7. MemPat

MemPat The EARTH without ART is just EH.

It's troubling to know searchers often walk right over the burial places during searches for the missing, sometimes for years.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Flicka1, Alkali13, sassyblue and 15 others like this.
  8. JillR

JillR Well-Known Member

This is the worst feeling and situation in the world. I had an awful feeling today. I saw it going cold. I love all of you. Keep going, if you can! ❤️

Chocoholic, Flicka1, MsBetsy and 12 others like this.
  9. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Wow - this is the first I'm hearing of this.

jmo

Flicka1, andalso, StarEyes and 5 others like this.
  10. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

I don’t think, in any event, that he could have access to their trust funds. Especially now.

Flicka1, MsBetsy, StarEyes and 6 others like this.
  11. Alwaystyping

Alwaystyping Well-Known Member

... in the house JD bought.

12. citygirl

citygirl Well-Known Member

Hang in there. Despite the fact that it's gone cold for us I think LE is hot on his trail. Really. They've got him under control. Scouring the landfill, the videos, and running all the tips. Only a matter of time, IMO.

13. sleuth66

sleuth66 Well-Known Member

Earlier on when they first started searching there was a MSM piece about search dogs, and they mentioned using dogs that are trained to detect electronics. They might also be looking for JDs phone

Traymar, Flicka1, tmar and 12 others like this.
  14. BaileeRyce

BaileeRyce Major thread reader. Minor poster.

Thank you so much for explaining this in layman’s terms!
    I actually understood this :)

Bailee

PixieStix, adot0902, 8paws and 14 others like this.
  15. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

Wow-I’ve never heard of this; just another way that dogs are amazing!

8paws, Flicka1, tmar and 5 others like this.
  16. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

JMHO, but a couple of days without new active, obvious searches does not equal "cold" to me. LE is following up on tips and looking at many hours of surveillance video. Rome was not built in a day, and neither are criminal cases. MOO

EmilyVan, Flicka1, Alkali13 and 15 others like this.
  17. sleuth66

Thats’s basically what the CT State Police said today, it’s not cold yet, likely getting warmer...

“Everyone wants to know what evidence was found in the case but understand with evidence in these types of cases that evidence is only known to the suspect the victim and investigators and sharing it publicly is a defense attorney’s dream,” Foley said.”

State Police Provide Update on Dulos Investigation

8paws, Flicka1, Alkali13 and 17 others like this.
  18. sleuth66

Here’s the article about the dogs they’re using. Lots about tracking electronics, plus they can detect human scent even if the body is under water. K9 teams are amazing. They also can remember the scent for years, there are cases where they’re out in public and find the perpetrator while walking down the sidewalk years later because they were trained on the scent.

State Police K9 Teams Hard at Work During Dulos Case

8paws, Traymar, Flicka1 and 16 others like this.
  19. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

Happy to have another local !!!

Welcome to Websleuths !!!

8paws, Flicka1, tmar and 15 others like this.
  20. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

There are a few options. If FD parked the red truck at the park in the morning, he only needed to walk to the house once, then he could drive JD's car back down to the park. He also could have parked the red truck at a halfway point, or anywhere where he could walk downhill and drive uphill. He was there just a couple of days earlier. IMHO, he scoped it out thoroughly then.

Chocoholic, Traymar, Flicka1 and 14 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.