Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Stamford Advocate....
Judge orders Troconis to testify in lawsuit against Fotis Dulos

Looks like the judge is getting tired of the funny business. :D

Amen! Now we just have to hear what the Criminal Court has to say about FO attending the MT deposition. Hope the Judge makes short order of this situation too!

Quotes from the above article explain the split of lawsuit based on what was owed - I always found this tough to follow so will put it into the thread (goes all the way back to Hemlock Hill property purchase in NC and Deercliff property as well):

Farber has accused her son-in-law of failing to repay millions in loans he used for his business. She has claimed he used the Fore Group’s business account as a “piggy bank” to reimburse himself for “highly suspect” corporate expenses that he paid through his personal account.

Earlier in August, Farber asked a judge to increase a prejudgment remedy for three civil lawsuits against Fotis Dulos to $3 million.

Farber, 85, was granted the right to intervene in her daughter’s contentious two-year divorce, allowing her to maintain custody of the five Dulos children, who are between 8 and 13. Farber, who has been caring for the children since her daughter vanished on May 24, is also seeking sole custody.

Fotis Dulos and Troconis are each free on bail after pleading not guilty to tampering with evidence and hindering prosecution charges related to Jennifer Dulos’ disappearance.

The 50-year-old mother of five was locked in the middle of heated divorce proceedings when she vanished.

According to court documents, Farber said her late husband, Hilliard, provided funds to Fotis Dulos that he used to purchase and develop properties for his company. According to Farber, the money was in the form of loans, while Fotis Dulos has contended the funds were not intended to be repaid. The lawsuit claims a promissory note on the loan is now past due, as of July 2017. [BBM]

A separate lawsuit claims Farber loaned Fotis Dulos $1.5 million to buy property on Hemlock Hill Road in New Canaan in April 2015 and he sold the property, only repaying $500,000 of the loan. That lawsuit also claims a $670,000 loan was given to Fotis Dulos to buy property on Deercliff Road in Avon in 2009 and hasn’t been repaid.[BBM]

The heat is on!!

What are the odds that FD will be allowed to be present at the deposition? I'm not understanding why that would be his right.

When more than one person is charged in a crime is a co-conspirator usually allowed in their deposition? I thought part of the reason for keeping them apart was so they couldn't try to come up with a story. Well, and to keep MT alive.

I realize this doesn't pertain to the criminal case but it seems likely MT could also be charged in some of the fraud if it occurred.

The heat is on!!

What are the odds that FD will be allowed to be present at the deposition? I'm not understanding why that would be his right.

When more than one person is charged in a crime is a co-conspirator usually allowed in their deposition? I thought part of the reason for keeping them apart was so they couldn't try to come up with a story. Well, and to keep MT alive.

I realize this doesn't pertain to the criminal case but it seems likely MT could also be charged in some of the fraud if it occurred.

I think this is why MT will plead the 5th, but doesn’t this immediately implicate her in this matter?

Would the Money from Greece crossing State Lines, add another layer of Federal crimes against FO?

Why would the money not be wired directly to NP or RR or Murray?

Why send the money through an attorney in New York?

Are there not capable attorneys in CT that could handle the money?

Is the New York attorney known to 'certain people' for possible 'underhanded' ways of handling money?

Is the New York attorney on the Fed's radar?

MOO MOO and MOO

The heat is on!!

IMO, FO and Crew want the Intimidation Factor.

Would MT answer Truthfully if FO is present?

NOT, in my opinion.

IMO

Would the Money from Greece crossing State Lines, add another layer of Federal crimes against FO?

Is the New York attorney known to 'certain people' for possible 'underhanded' ways of handling money?

MOO MOO and MOO
great questions!!!!! Keep diggin!!!!!!

MOO MOO and MOO

Good questions! I searched "sending funds to Greece" and this article popped up, dated today. There must be something here about "Capital Controls" but I am not a finance person!
"Greece is lifting all remaining limits on the free movement of capital outside the country after four years of restrictions, signaling a further return to normality for the country’s economy.

Capital controls are “now a thing of the past,” Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis told lawmakers in Athens on Monday, after announcing the move. The restrictions will officially be lifted on Sept. 1."

I Couldn’t Say ‘My Mother’ Without Crying...For what its worth...I am 58 years old...my mom has been gone since I was 32...there are still days that I can't say her name without crying...I can't imagine the inescapable sadness, horror and devastation that JD's children and family deal with every day. Then to have all of FD's bull***t...it is inexcusable and is proof positive that he doesn't give two shi*s about his kids. I hope LE, the IRS, the Feds and anyone else who can cause this piece of human excrement pain do so...the sooner the better!!! jmo

I can’t make the loss of your mom any easier so I’ll wish you some comfort from your favorite memories of her. Take care.

Good questions! I searched "sending funds to Greece" and this article popped up, dated today. There must be something here about "Capital Controls" but I am not a finance person!
"Greece is lifting all remaining limits on the free movement of capital outside the country after four years of restrictions, signaling a further return to normality for the country’s economy.

Capital controls are “now a thing of the past,” Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis told lawmakers in Athens on Monday, after announcing the move. The restrictions will officially be lifted on Sept. 1."
I did some searching on the culture in Greece
regarding money laundering and hiding money
there. Surprisingly (or not) just in the last couple years has Greece joined in to try and clean up the problems with inter-country
hidden bank accounts even though most of Europe had done so for years. Seems like Greece was condoning this until recently and
even now I wonder how lax their system is.
Maybe FD and his relatives are aware of this
and know the easy loopholes to hiding money there.

The heat is on!!

This is for the civil case and not the criminal case. Because there is the no contact order in criminal court between FO + HO, the issue about whether the 2 can be in the same place at the same time has to be resolved there before the deposition with HO goes forward. This is my understanding of things but if one the legal folks on here can correct this or explain it better please do.

You guys are amazing singularly and with the collective brainstorming and brainpower! It’s going to take me quite a while to understand all you’ve all posted just TODAY! Wow! I have yet to understand how anyone would even try to say that he or she didn’t know who was paying his or her legal bills—without saying, “But I’m going to find out right now!” Wouldn’t it give you the creeps for someone to be paying something on your behalf but you didn’t know who it was? I agree he surely does know or has a good idea but why would anyone think other people would believe that? MOO.

I’m just wondering if it will get him arrested; seems like he’s done a few things that ought to have (not including murder), but he is still walking around, accidentally driving into NY, having contact with his kids by means of a surrogate, etc. It just makes me wonder what the final straw could be.

I don’t know if it will get him in trouble related to the court order but from experience on a school board—not in CT so who knows—, if people who have been barred from having contact with their kids come onto the school property and the school has that record (which is needed), the schools in my district call LE. That’s a public district however. MOO.

This is S.R.’s ex wife

Missing New Canaan mom's close friend speaks out

While Jennifer’s family and friends haven’t had much to say, one of her close friends is speaking out about Jennifer’s personality and friendship with her ex-husband, Fotis Dulos.
“She was very thoughtful. On my birthday she sent me all white flowers...just all white...she’s just a peaceful person,” said Ronna-Marie Guiliano.

Last edited:
Makes perfect sense!

So far we don't know how:

1. FD is paying his attys - cash is coming but nobody know where from
2. FD appears to have had no income for 2 years so not only should be able to feed himself and keep gas in the trucks but he had MT and her daughter up until recently. We know he wasn't paying anything for 4Jx so he was living rent/overhead free. But we know he had a credit card or 2 and was somehow moving money between FORE and his personal accounts to pay his personal credit card.

Given 1 above legal fees could wipe him out financially as he claimed to have a net worth of $300,000 or so in the family court documents and less than $50,000/yr in income and 2 above, the GF question about FD ability to house and take care of 5 children is an excellent question.

Wonder if FO is questioning his 'financial planning' strategy now to hide assets in advance of divorce? He had a 1+ year jump on JD when his affair started to get the ball rolling, but once I heard the stories of his 'generosity' to friends and family in Greece my suspicion was that he had been skimming for years and the money is squirrelled away for later access.

We already have well estabished record in Family Court of FD being called a 'liar' by Judge Heller, we have last 2 years of unsigned tax returns, mysterious cash showing up from Greece and frankly no income in 2 years.

I really wonder how Pattis/Rochlin is going to spin FO as a responsible parent with the financial means to raise 5 children? Liar in court - check, Financial criminal - check, Convicted Felon - most likely check.

Would love to see Rochlin motion for FO access to children given all we now know. Not doable right now IMO and unless FO waves a magic wand and starts working again, IMO its not happening any time soon. FO most likely has significant funds in another location but that can't be brought back into the equation to demonstrate his financial ability to care for children without the associated financial questions and legality of the source of funds. Seems like a bit of a class Catch-22! GF has effectively circled the wagon on all fronts around FD and he is trapped. IMO, he is trapped and going to prison.

Assuming 4Jx goes to auction soon then FD will have to pack up the moving van and find a new place to live. Where will he go?

MOO MOO
Greek Mafia?
MOO.

I did some searching on the culture in Greece
regarding money laundering and hiding money
there. Surprisingly (or not) just in the last couple years has Greece joined in to try and clean up the problems with inter-country
hidden bank accounts even though most of Europe had done so for years. Seems like Greece was condoning this until recently and
even now I wonder how lax their system is.
Maybe FD and his relatives are aware of this
and know the easy loopholes to hiding money there.
I've been waiting for this topic to come up. There are lots of POV and mine is a gross oversimplification of the very complicated financial part of the equation in Greece in order to just think about whether it would have made sense for FO to send cash back to Greece in dollars or euros or gold.

Not sure how many followed along for all the coverage on the Greek financial crisis but it documented what many have known and suspected for years about how things function in Greece. I'm not bringing this up to get political but to try to explain in a simple way that the crisis made certain things easier and certain things harder in Greece. I also think that most Greeks with money held their money outside of country, long before the crisis ever hit.

Probably more folks might be familiar with the organized 'inefficiency' and 'graft/bribery' present in Italian govt and the way things work there in general. Well, take the Italian situation and IMO double the severity and that might on a good day describe doing business in Greece. The situation is a shame IMO because it has made so many things next to impossible to change in Greece to alter the course of events post crisis. Greece was brought to its knees by the crisis and people did what they had to do to survive IMO. Greeks are survivors IMO and they are also creative by nature!

Its a very sad situation overall with the Greek and Italian economies and while both govts are working to unravel the situation in their countries. in general you are talking institutionalized ways of doing business that have been going on for more years than the US has been a country.

My guess is that if FO wanted to move dollars or Euros to Greece it would have not taken much to do and there would have been many ready places to park the funds. I'm not sure this is what was done but it might have been done to help friends/family that were crushed by the crisis.

All this being said though I wonder if the cash would have been sent to Greece unless it was with a very trusted source known to the family as the crisis impacted virtually everyone and the financial sector in particular. I wonder though also whether Turkey might have been a better bet or even Cyprus?

Here is a quick read on the corruption situation in Greece attached in pdf file below:

"Still, they’re not optimistic these measures would change what they call “the entire value system of nihilism and antisocial behavior that parents and schools have allowed to percolate through Greek society.Research has shown that Greece’s culture of mistrust and cheating is far more extreme than anywhere in Europe. According to surveys, 80 percent of Greeks believe it’s all right to claim government benefits to which they are not entitled, while 20 percent disapprove. In most of Europe, the ratio is almost exactly flipped". [BBM]

But all this political noise in Greece could have simply been avoided by FO using Bitcoin too. IDK. Depends if FO wanted to just park the cash or whether the cash was deployed to take advantage of the Greek crash to buy property or he needed to help friends/family? I have no knowledge of Greek property markets to even know if this would make sense in terms of an investment.

MOO MOO MOO

Attachments

• newsIoannidesGreece.pdf
    985.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors