Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget about the BSA. No, not the Boy Scouts of America. The Bank Secrecy Act. That's the statute to catch money laundering.
Bank Secrecy Act - Wikipedia
Banks have very sophisticated software now to track patterns of money in and money out. They can catch structuring going on. That means patterns of cash that are in amounts less than 10K. They can pull weekly, monthly quarterly reports and flag suspicious activity. If we are talking hundreds of thousands of dollars or more, very difficult to avoid detection. The gov't is really into this and banks have to have compliance officers usually. The higher-ups actually have meetings to discuss whether a Suspicious Activity Report needs to be made. The gov't audits the banks to be sure they are monitoring activity. I would bet that any banks in CT are looking through their files seeing if FD or MT are customers, examining their transactions and deciding (if they are customers) if authorities need to be notified. It's better for the bank to find the gov't before the gov't finds the bank.
ETA: Many banks now have reciprocal agreements where if one bank sees something suspicious from another bank, they confer with each other.

I learn SO MUCH here! Maybe they have a karma bus ready to roll! MOO.

Definitely possible with the tax evasion issues, since they are different charges/crimes. And I hope they do it. The tampering charges could be more difficult, since there has to be another crime/charge to which the tampering relates. There is no statute of limitations on murder, though; once he is in prison, they can take all the time they want to investigate this. I doubt MT will cooperate, though, so maybe the IRS can start digging there, too; I bet they’d find something.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate all the knowledge you and so many others here share!

So, you know how it can seem like JD’s remains never will be found? My son lost his wallet in June and we thought it was in one of these little shops in a nearby town where it’s always busy with locals and others or in our house or car. We searched, and searched. And searched. No one in the stores had seen it. Replaced all the items, which was not fun. Today, the police department called me to say that someone in one of the little stores had found it on the floor when the person was sweeping. Nothing was missing. It was there right under dozens of noses every day. Apparently they don’t sweep a lot there but still. Serendipity. There’s hope! MOO.

So, you know how it can seem like JD’s remains never will be found? My son lost his wallet in June and we thought it was in one of these little shops in a nearby town where it’s always busy with locals and others or in our house or car. We searched, and searched. And searched. No one in the stores had seen it. Replaced all the items, which was not fun. Today, the police department called me to say that someone in one of the little stores had found it on the floor when the person was sweeping. Nothing was missing. It was there right under dozens of noses every day. Apparently they don’t sweep a lot there but still. Serendipity. There’s hope! MOO.
Still praying for JD to be found. We have to hold on for that.

I know we can't discuss other cases much but I keep going back to Chandra Levy. She was practically right under their noses. IIRC, it was a miracle she WASN'T found much sooner. JD might be a lot closer than we think.

I know we can't discuss other cases much but I keep going back to Chandra Levy. She was practically right under their noses. IIRC, it was a miracle she WASN'T found much sooner. JD might be a lot closer than we think.
You’re right. I had forgotten about that. I just pray something uncovers her or the anchor on her breaks or whatever... something will eventually.

bbm
In all fairness to Judge Heller the first six to nine months of the divorce were handled by two other judges--Hon. Thomas Colin and Hon. Stanley Novack. I believe it was the Judge Colin who made the infamous remarks about two well-educated, fine people would get along once the anger had settled, and it was Judge Colin that sent FD back to 4 JC and JD to remain in NC.

The first filing for child support was made in September of 2017. None was ever established. UGH!

Any judge who makes a comment like this - who MUST hear cases on DV from time to time and should have had training on it - should be removed from the bench ASAP.

Do we know if they caught all trash on Albany ave before it was incinerated? I feel like he wouldn’t have had JD in the raptor during the Albany ave odyssey with MT in the car. Idk. I hope they can find JD somewhere.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why would FD want to transfer money to Greece? To support family? Someone this selfish wouldn't care.

To hide money he took from GF/JD, it would seem. That fits with him not saying where his money comes from, and it could have been a major source of arguments - including perhaps one close to the murder (and therefore a motive), if JD found out.

s/bbm
I think you are probably right about Jennifer or an attorney bringing up the subject of tax evasion, and that it may have been the catalyst for her murder. However, there isn’t anything stopping the IRS now, and his lack of cooperation, so helpful in the divorce action, cannot save him now. ... When is this guy going to go to jail for the stuff we wouldn’t even hope to get away with? Seriously, who is protecting this creep?

Who might protect him? Perhaps someone who not only knows about money FD likely took from GF and stashed it in Greece, or who knows of his illegal dealings and/or illegal income - but also - who was promised some of it, and/or already benefited from that money somehow.

Hmm - who was close enough to FD to know anything, and is that person saying anything now, or being quiet to protect themselves?

moo

I'm going to guess that conveniently FD has nothing in his name. Her name, the company's name, but nothing personal. All his money that he siphoned from who knows where, is waiting, on the beautiful shores of Greece. MOO

MT is foolish if she thinks he will be and has been faithful to her. That's not how he does business. No doubt he got her deep in this mess. Just like in the Patrick Frazee case with his mistress, I bet MT had advanced knowledge. She had the power to save a life, IMO.

I hope LE runs out of paper, when they start listing all the charges against both of them.

Best line of the day: driving the karma bus....

I hope they run the prison sheets through a field of poison ivy before bringing FD in. I can live with his discomfort.

MOO
The money really will tell the story here.

s/bbm

Who might protect him? Perhaps someone who not only knows about money FD likely took from GF and stashed it in Greece, or who knows of his illegal dealings and/or illegal income - but also - who was promised some of it, and/or already benefited from that money somehow.

Hmm - who was close enough to FD to know anything, and is that person saying anything now, or being quiet to protect themselves?

moo
Follow the Law Degree and I don’t mean NP’s. Moo

Don't forget about the BSA. No, not the Boy Scouts of America. The Bank Secrecy Act. That's the statute to catch money laundering.
Bank Secrecy Act - Wikipedia
Banks have very sophisticated software now to track patterns of money in and money out. They can catch structuring going on. That means patterns of cash that are in amounts less than 10K. They can pull weekly, monthly quarterly reports and flag suspicious activity. If we are talking hundreds of thousands of dollars or more, very difficult to avoid detection. The gov't is really into this and banks have to have compliance officers usually. The higher-ups actually have meetings to discuss whether a Suspicious Activity Report needs to be made. The gov't audits the banks to be sure they are monitoring activity. I would bet that any banks in CT are looking through their files seeing if FD or MT are customers, examining their transactions and deciding (if they are customers) if authorities need to be notified. It's better for the bank to find the gov't before the gov't finds the bank.
ETA: Many banks now have reciprocal agreements where if one bank sees something suspicious from another bank, they confer with each other.

do not really see this person using banks- more likely hiding $500 bills in his water ski bags and burying money in Greece. does he own land there? maybe I am giving him too little credit (sic), but I imagine him totally outside the bounds of normal business procedures.

do not really see this person using banks- more likely hiding $500 bills in his water ski bags and burying money in Greece. does he own land there? maybe I am giving him too little credit (sic), but I imagine him totally outside the bounds of normal business procedures.
Yeah, but that money is coming from somewhere. At some point banks had to be used. I would think. Maybe I'm wrong. BSA looks at wire transfers too. You're right though...totally outside bounds...in every way.

Foreclosure case update: 10.16.19 Part 2

MOTION FOR DEFAULT 106.00 -FAILURE TO APPEAR PB 17-20: DENIED
http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=17930661
http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=17876466

I interpret this order as a technicality over a loss in that Judge Noble has yet to be assigned to the case, FD had a random atty file an appearance, and Weinstein has filed 2 motions now to keep firing on all cylinders:
1. Motion 108.00- DEMAND FOR DISCLOSURE OF DEFENSE http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=17900720
(which gives FD 10 days to respond with a defense-due 10.23.19-if the court counts 10 days as 10 business days)
2. Motion 109.00-AMENDED COMPLAINT
http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=17947294

*FD was to respond to Foreclosure by 10.1.19, he didn't
*Weinstein files Motion for Default 106.00 on 10.4.19
*FD's attorney filed an appearance on 10.4.19
*I believe Weinstein filed the amended complaint today (posted in another thread) because of the above.
*This order was JUST posted/updated.
*Weinstein requested assignment of this case to Judge Noble on 10.8.19-Motion 107.00. Today's order was denied by the clerk (which is the first time I've seen this)

107.00 Caseflow request for Judge Noble: http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=17897274

He could have saved the money to pay child support with, pay back debts to the in-laws, and to make sure everyone had medical insurance. Oh, and to also pay the vendors who help build his business. IMO, those things did not concern him though....

Indeed - taking care of the children (financially, emotionally or otherwise) does not seem to have been one of FD's interests - not in the past, nor the present. Here's another thought to add to that:

I keep thinking about JD’s kids. I wonder how they’d feel reading FD's fake news that she might be alive. Can you imagine the kids, getting their hopes up - but along with the hope that she might be alive, the immediate crushing pain that she might have abandoned them, as FD's lies naturally insinuate?

That playing with their emotions for his own benefit is emotional abuse of the children.

Of course, we know it's not possible for her to have taken off intentionally. BUT: if someone had real information that indicated she were alive, and thought it were really possible, they'd have requested to seal that information, and done whatever they could to prevent it getting to the media. Why? So as not to give the children false hopes. That, as opposed to playing the media and making SURE it's out there - which is what FD did.

So FD is proving again through his motions that he does not care about the kids - he's showing no regard for their welfare at all; this is more proof of his culpability.

MO along with fact.

Last edited:
Foreclosure case update: 10.16.19 Part 2

MOTION FOR DEFAULT 106.00 -FAILURE TO APPEAR PB 17-20: DENIED
http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=17930661
http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=17876466

I interpret this order as a technicality over a loss in that Judge Noble has yet to be assigned to the case, FD had a random atty file an appearance, and Weinstein has filed 2 motions now to keep firing on all cylinders:
1. Motion 108.00- DEMAND FOR DISCLOSURE OF DEFENSE http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=17900720
(which gives FD 10 days to respond with a defense-due 10.23.19-if the court counts 10 days as 10 business days)
2. Motion 109.00-AMENDED COMPLAINT
http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=17947294

*FD was to respond to Foreclosure by 10.1.19, he didn't
*Weinstein files Motion for Default 106.00 on 10.4.19
*FD's attorney filed an appearance on 10.4.19
*I believe Weinstein filed the amended complaint today (posted in another thread) because of the above.
*This order was JUST posted/updated.
*Weinstein requested assignment of this case to Judge Noble on 10.8.19-Motion 107.00. Today's order was denied by the clerk (which is the first time I've seen this)

107.00 Caseflow request for Judge Noble: http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=17897274
I unfortunately have learned a great deal about defaults in the past 2 weeks for reasons unrelated to this case. Courts don't like defaults. The defendant is given every opportunity to defend. The defendant's motions can be insufficient legally and just told to go ahead, fix it and the court will proceed after that. Trial courts hate handing out defaults unless every possible remedy to the defendant has been made available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz