Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.

doodles1211

Reaction score
New Canaan Police are looking for a missing woman Saturday, May 25.

Jennifer Dulos, 50, was reported missing around 7:30 p.m. Friday, May 24. A sliver alert has been issued.

New Canaan Police with the assistance of the Connecticut State Police initiated a search and an investigation both of which are ongoing as of 8:45 am. Saturday..

Anyone with information related to Dulos’s whereabouts should contact Sgt. Joseph Farenga at 203-505-1332.

920x920.jpg

New Canaan Police search for missing woman

Media thread:
CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, Media, Maps, Timeline *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13

Thread #14

Thread #15 Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #15 *ARRESTS*
Thread #16 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #16
Thread #17 :Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #17
Thread #18 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #18
Thread #19 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #19
Thread #20 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #20
Thread #21 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #21
Thread #22 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #22
Thread #23 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #23
Thread #24 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #24
Thread #25 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #25
Thread #26 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #26
Thread #27 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #27
Thread #28 - Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #28
Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34
Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 226306
Pattis ignores the judge’s gag order to take the opportunity to call a likely prosecution witness a fanciful liar. And in my opinion, the only reason Fd never harmed Jennifer in front of the nanny, is because she was too fast for him.
Good point.

He did harm Jennifer, though - emotionally, financially, etc., etc. - in front of many people.

Threatening/attempting to kill someone by running them over is a crime, and is extreme abuse.

(He also likely did abuse and restrain her physically, but not likely in front of others. I think we'll learn more about that during the trial.)

Last edited:
And so it begins.....buckle up.

Latest from Pattisville on the probable cause hearing. Wonder if the Court Clerk kicked back the 5th amendment motion about the lack of Grand Jury or perhaps the law citation/Westlaw database was updated to include the year 1983 at Pattisville Offices?

Fotis Dulos, charged with the murder of his estranged wife, wants a probable-cause hearing before judge

Quotes from article:

Fotis Dulos wants a Superior Court judge to schedule a hearing to determine whether police had probable cause to arrest him for the murder of his estranged wife, Jennifer Farber Dulos.

Dulos, 52, a Farmington luxury home builder, is expected to appear in court next week and make the request. Probable-cause hearings, mandatory under state law in cases punishable by life in prison, require judges to determine whether sufficient evidence exists to proceed with the prosecution. Defendants usually waive such hearings because they can give the prosecution insight into the defense’s case. Judges rarely rule that probable cause is lacking.

Dulos has been charged with felony murder, murder and kidnapping and is currently free on a combined $7 million in bonds.

In Connecticut, a defendant charged with murder is eligible to have a probable cause hearing before a judge within 60 days of their arrest. At such hearings, prosecutors usually present limited evidence. In this case, Stamford State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo would likely call Chief State Medical Examiner James Gill as a witness because he has to prove that Farber Dulos, 51, is actually dead and was murdered in the garage of her New Canaan home on the morning of May 24.

Fotis Dulos, charged with the murder of his estranged wife, wants a probable-cause hearing before judge

In a probable cause hearing will the State need to reveal additional evidence? It will be interesting if NP has his "talk" with James Gill. Idjiot!

If this needs to be done in 60 days, it will interesting if it comes sooner rather than later. MOO...IMO

Maybe I missed it, but I've seen no mention of KM's vehicle being seen on surveillance pulling into JX the morning of May 24 for the alleged meeting. I've seen that KM's cell phone pinged at JX during the time of the alleged meeting on the 24th, but there is no verification that KM was with his cell phone when it pinged there. And apparently KM and FD met up briefly the night of the 23rd, correct? JMO.

View attachment 226306
Pattis ignores the judge’s gag order to take the opportunity to call a likely prosecution witness a fanciful liar. And in my opinion, the only reason Fd never harmed Jennifer in front of the nanny, is because she was too fast for him.

I am not surprised by the denial. People who experience DV often don't use every incident in court proceedings. So, if in the divorce proceeding Jennifer was just trying to move past things, this incident might not be in filings (maybe it is, I don't know). Pattis (or, more likely his team) has probably combed through any paperwork and not found this incident.

I totally believe it happened. I totally believe the nanny. Maybe the incident is documented somewhere else, making Fd a bigger liar. They can always interview the child who was with them in the room. But, I don't think LE will want to do this.
Like in many cases some of the warrant stuff never appears in the court case as it is tried.

@davealtimari . Got calls from Fotis Dulos' sister and niece today from overseas claiming the allegations of domestic violence detailed in search warrants are "big, big all lies" and that they were present during the incidents described in warrants.
Dulos story updated with comments from his family members calling domestic violence allegations all lies.

bbm
Hilarious. It's difficult to be present during something that supposedly "didn't happen."

Let's hope they are put in front of a jury and asked questions while they try to 'prove a negative'. That should be fascinating.

Last edited:
MOO The nanny information about FD almost running JFd over is not going to be admissable as it was a relayed story not a witnessed event. So the sister and niece won't be called up to talk about that.
I think the nanny being present and witnessing a chase of JFd by JD into a roon where the nanny and child were, could be.

@davealtimari

Got calls from Fotis Dulos' sister and niece today from overseas claiming the allegations of domestic violence detailed in search warrants are "big, big all lies"
and that they were present during the incidents described in warrants.
Dulos story updated with comments from his family members calling domestic violence allegations all lies.
Wow just when you think his family can’t sink any lower.

I’m amazed though at their sight and hearing senses to be able to see what’s going on in CT all the way from Greece!!!

One thing I will never understand. It’s one thing to be a cold-blooded murderer but how can anyone defend their actions when there’s a mountain of evidence tying them to the crime?? This is beyond sickening.

I also wouldn’t put it past RD that she helped FD smuggle JD’s money into Greece. Be it in a bank or a property investment.

Seems to me that they saw JD as a piggy bank and disregarded her as a person when she was alive, and now that she is dead.

Out of respect for JD’s family the least that these scumbags can do is keep their mouths shut...but they can’t because they have ZERO CLASS.

I hope they all get what they deserve—and it isn’t anything pleasant. God bless JD and her family and may justice be swiftly served.

OFFICE OF CHIEF DISCIPLINARY COUNSEL v. MAWHINNEY, KENT D.
101.00 01/16/2020 C ORDER HEARING AND NOTICE
newred.gif

Notice Issued: 01/15/2020
Docket Number: HHD-CV-20-6122743-S
Case Caption: OFFICE OF CHIEF DISCIPLINARY COUNSEL v. MAWHINNEY, KENT D.
Notice Sequence #: 1
01/28/2020 AT 2:00PM
A HEARING IS SCHEDULED FOR THE ABOVE DATE &
TIME. PARTIES AND THEIR COUNSEL SHALL REPORT
TO CASEFLOW, ROOM 111. FAILURE TO APPEAR WILL
RESULT IN DISMISSAL OR DEFAULT.
ANY MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE SHALL BE MADE ON
FORM JD-CV-21 NOT LESS THAN 3 COURT DAYS IN
ADVANCE AND WILL NOT BE GRANTED ABSENT GOOD
CAUSE AND ALL PARTIES' CONSENT TO A PROXIMAL
CONTINUANCE DATE.
PER THE HONORABLE DAVID M. SHERIDAN, PJ

MOO The nanny information about FD almost running JFd over is not going to be admissable as it was a relayed story not a witnessed event. So the sister and niece won't be called up to talk about that.
I think the nanny being present and witnessing a chase of JFd by JD into a roon where the nanny and child were, could be.

No, but I am sure she has witnessed other things, like Fd chasing Jennifer into the room the nanny was in with one of the children. And, since you are new here, you may not be aware that LA was also employed by FORE Group, and likely has first hand knowledge of some financial sleight of hand which could factor into a motive for murder. She is and was the nanny for that family for a looong time, and am sure she has some information that is relevant. Publicly relating to a newspaper reporter that she is, at best, unreliable because of a big, “fanciful” imagination, seems to flout the gag order. This is what Judge Blawie was trying to avoid when he made the gag order. I think Pattis will see that Dulos did, in fact, intend to cause harm to Jennifer, and that he did kill her.

Last edited:
@davealtimari

Got calls from Fotis Dulos' sister and niece today from overseas claiming the allegations of domestic violence detailed in search warrants are "big, big all lies"
and that they were present during the incidents described in warrants.

Thanks sds71...You are always so good about keeping this forum informed. I've hit the paywall....long ago. Obviously the Courant doesn't allow monthly visits. Could you or someone else post additional "highlights" that conform to the WS guidelines? If not, I certainly understand! Thanks.

I think there was reference to these events in family court, but don't know if these records can be unsealed to use in trial.

Thanks sds71...You are always so good about keeping this forum informed. I've hit the paywall....long ago. Obviously the Courant doesn't allow monthly visits. Could you or someone else post additional "highlights" that conform to the WS guidelines? If not, I certainly understand! Thanks.
Lauren Almeida, the children’s nanny, told state police that she noticed the mudroom door was unlocked when she was getting the kids ready to leave for New York City. She described that as unusual because it was only open when the kids were out playing in the backyard.
Almeida also said when she first entered the house at 11:30 a.m. on May 24, she noticed an unopened granola bar on the kitchen counter and that there were only two rolls of paper towels left in the pantry. She found that odd because just the day before, she had put a 12-pack of paper towels there.
“I sat there and wondered what had happened last night that they used 10 rolls of towel rolls,” Almeida said.
Almeida also told state police that Fotis Dulos tried to hit his estranged wife with his vehicle and also chased her through their home in the summer of 2017. She witnessed Dulos chase his wife through the house, records said.

"She finally came running into the bedroom and slammed the door closed. She braced herself against the door as her husband kept pounding trying to open it. He seemed to calm down when he realized Almeida and one of his children were also in the room,” Almeida told police.

Bit another realtive of Dulos’ his niece denies that her uncle was banging on any doors. Klelia Kyrimi said in a phone interview from Spain Thursday that she and her husband were staying with the family because they were attending a wedding of a friend. She said they were sitting in the family room when Jennifer came home and started yelling at Dulos using "foul language."

“He (Fotis) followed her to the second floor and they went into one of the children’s room. He was not screaming at Jennifer or banging on anything,” Kyrimi said. “I am outraged by this. It’s completely inaccurate what they are saying.”

There is a protective order barring Dulos from contacting Almeida, as well as Dulos’ five children and Gloria Farber, their grandmother.

A rare French bike, a bloody doorknob and Jennifer Farber Dulos’ DNA on zip ties among new evidence against Fotis Dulos »
Almeida and another friend reported Dulos missing around 7 p.m. on May 24. About the same time police discovered a crime scene at Farber Dulos’ home, Dulos can be seen on surveillance video dumping garbage bags into trash cans along Albany Avenue in Hartford.

They also found a garden glove with Dulos’ DNA inside of it, his fingerprint on a piece of tape inside a bloody garbage bag and the DNA of both of them, plus Troconis’ DNA on the outside top of another garbage bag, court records said.

The arrest warrant affidavit released last week also details the evolution of Troconis’ multiple interviews with state police, showing that in an initial interview, she stuck to a concocted alibi the couple created, according to the affidavit, but in subsequent interviews with police, she changed her story and acknowledged that Dulos wasn’t at their Jefferson Crossing home early on the morning of May 24.

She also admitted to police that the contentious divorce and custody battle between Dulos and his wife had caused tension between the two of them.

Troconis told police that Dulos had confided in her: “Sometimes I hope she disappears.”

No, but I am sure she has witnessed other things, like Fd chasing Jennifer into the room the nanny was in with one of the children. And, since you are new here, you may not be aware that LA was also employed by FORE Group, and likely has first hand knowledge of some financial sleight of hand which could factor into a motive for murder. She is and was the nanny for that family for a looong time, and am sure she has some information that is relevant. Publicly relating to a newspaper reporter that she is, at best, unreliable because of a big, “fanciful” imagination, seems to flout the gag order. This is what Judge Blawie was trying to avoid when he made the gag order. I think Pattis will see that Dulos did, in fact, intend to cause harm to Jennifer, and that he did kill her.

Yes, and those are just the things we know about so far!

Also, the nanny did witness Jennifer being upset, crying, outside immediately after FD tried to run her over. That's enough for it to be included as well, in addition to Jennifer's own previous mention of the event.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members