Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fotis-Dulos-home-in-Farmington-2.jpg

Images: Police Take Fotis Dulos, Estranged Husband of Missing Mom Jennifer Dulos, Into Custody

Article dated January 10, photo dated August 12.

Have we talked about that Thule case quite enough yet??? Until we hear what Mr. Colangelo has to say.

I suppose Fd used it for water-ski equipment in August? Would the Avon club types talk with him by August?

JMHO YMMV LRR

Okay, I'll bite on your mention of the Thule rack.

Are those Thule racks specific to certain size vehicles? Could THAT rack atop FD's Suburban also fit atop the Jeep Grand Cherokee? Say, for the Jeep's 2:24 to 3:55PM trip from 80 MS Rd to Avon to Bristol and then back to 80 MS Rd? The 2:24 to 3:55PM time span allowed for 41 minutes of activity beyond driving time necessary to make the Jeep's round trip.

The AW specifically mentions the presence of the Thule rack on FD's Suburban when it arrived with FD driving at 80 MS Rd at 1:36PM (at the exact same time that MT arrived at 80 MS Rd driving the Jeep, but 1 hour and 14 minutes AFTER the Toyota Tacoma had returned to 80 MS Rd from its morning round trip to New Canaan). The AW also specifically mentions the presence of the Thule rack on FD's Suburban at 4:03, when it departed with MT driving to deliver both of their cellphones to be left unattended at 4JC (presumably so PG would not be able to reach them when he arrived at 4:30 as he'd told them by text he would).

Was the Thule rack moved to the Jeep for the 2:24 to 3:55PM trip from 80 MS Rd to Avon to Bristol and back again to 80 MS Rd?
The AW doesn't address it, but the fact that the AW mentions surveillance capturing the presence of the Thule rack on the Suburban both before and after the Jeep's round trip away from 80 MS Rd raises the question whether the Thule rack had moved in the interim and whether evidence of that movement had been captured on surveillance as well.

Diddian, that sure makes sense to me!

Trying to use the Thule Fit Guide, but can someone tell my the year of the Jeep Cherokee?

Buyer's Guide

Anyone else???

I don't know the answer to the "fit" question for the Thule rack, but I do find it interesting that, even though MT was the driver of the Jeep when it first arrived to 80 MS Rd at 1:36PM, it almost seems like the Jeep is "spoiled" for her use AFTER the 2:24 to 3:55PM trip. She chooses to use FD's Suburban instead of the Jeep at 4:03PM to deliver both their cellphones to 4JC where they are left unattended (presumably so PG cannot reach them). Then she chooses to use FD's Suburban instead of the Jeep again at 5:24PM when she returns from 4JC to deliver the Toyota key to PG at 80 MS Rd after having removed it from the passenger door before leaving 80 MS Rd just a short time before. Even though she'd been driving the Jeep all morning, MT chooses to use FD's Suburban instead of the Jeep for those two short jaunts to/from 80 MS Rd and 4JC later in the day.

Then, the first workday following Memorial Day weekend, FD has PG take the Jeep for his work vehicle that week and a day or so later unsuccessfully urges PG to purchase the Jeep and to sell his own Toyota.

Seems like FD and MT did not want the Jeep in their ownership or possession and seems like MT no longer wanted to drive it after that 2:24 to 3:55PM trip on 5/24. But, she had no problem using it all morning that same day.

It was like the Jeep developed cooties that afternoon. Or, it sounded a persistent and haunting heartbeat, like Poe's short story, "The Tell-tale Heart."

images

Hope you can read that, Diddian, my friend. No such wine cellar in the Laughing homestead, no worries.

Someone with better pictures needs to check for Thule box fit.

Can anyone tell if the 2 vehicles -- Jeep & Suburban -- have the same style of bars on the roof racks?

IMHO, if both have "square bars" the Thule box can be moved from Jeep to Suburban and back again.

Might help the process if one was taller than Fd, just sayin'.

JMHO YMMV LRR

Information is accurate as of March 20, 2020 04:50 AM

Defendant Information
Last, First: MAWHINNEY KENT Represented By: 007660 BUTLER N & GOLD
Birth Year: 1965 Times on the Docket: 2
Docket Information
Docket No: FST -CR20-0241179-T Arresting Agency: CSP TROOP G
Companion:
Program: Arrest Date: 1/7/2020
Court: Stamford JD Bond Amount: $2,000,000 (This case only)
Bond Type: Set
Miscellaneous: (Not Released From Custody)
Activity: Pre-Trial Next Court Date: 3/31/2020 10:00 AM
Current Charges
Statute Description Class Type Occ Offense Date Plea Verdict Finding
53a-54a CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER B Felony 1 5/24/2019 Not Guilty

Last, First: MAWHINNEY KENT Represented By: 007660 BUTLER N & GOLD
Birth Year: 1965 Times on the Docket: 4
Docket Information
Docket No: FST -CR20-0241179-T Arresting Agency: CSP TROOP G
Companion:
Program: Arrest Date: 1/7/2020
Court: Stamford JD Bond Amount: $2,000,000 (This case only)
Bond Type: Set
Miscellaneous: (Not Released From Custody)
Activity: Pre-Trial Next Court Date: 4/28/2020 10:00 AM
Current Charges
53a-54a CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER B Felony 1 5/24/2019 Not Guilty

Accused wife killer's attorney speaks out after client's suicide: 'Stunned. Never saw it coming'

Norm Pattis, attorney for accused wife killer Fotis Dulos, said that he was having a difficult time coming to grips with the suicide of his client.

On Jan. 28, 2020, Connecticut police discovered Fotis Dulos unresponsive inside his car in the garage of his home.

His estranged wife and the mother to their five children, Jennifer Dulos, had been missing for more than 100 days.

"How are you feeling?" Fox News correspondent Laura Ingle asked Pattis.
"Numb and I think I'm having a hard time processing it all. This was not foreseeable," said the veteran criminal defense attorney.

In the Fox Nation show "Murder in Connecticut," Ingle re-examined every detail of this bizarre case, which she covered for the Fox News Channel from its beginning to its tragic end.

Jennifer met Fotis at Brown University. Years later, they reconnected following a chance meeting.

"I remember that they ran into one another at the Aspen airport," said Jennifer's friend Carrie Luft. "They reencountered one another at a time when she was single and wasn't even really looking for love. Their courtship was a fast one. ... Jennifer seemed very, very happy. Fotis was charming and funny."

The marriage was not a good one, and after a series of ups and downs, it ended in 2017.
"That's when Jennifer discovered Fotis had been having a yearlong affair with a woman from work named Michelle Traconis," Ingle reported.

In an exclusive interview in December 2019, Ingle sat down across from Fotis and pressed him for answers on the whereabouts of his wife. Fotis declined to give any specific, citing a judge's gag order.

Then, a bombshell exploded in the case. One hundred and thirty seven days after Jennifer was last seen alive, Connecticut State Police arrested Fotis for a third time, charging him with murder.

Several weeks later, another bombshell: Dulos was dead.

"Hours before the suicide attempt, Fotis was due in court for an emergency bond hearing where he would learn if his bail would be revoked. When he was late, police were called to his house for a welfare check," narrated Ingle.

"Emergency responders got a pulse and raced him to UConn medical center in Farmington. He was then airlifted to another medical facility to be treated in a hyperbaric chamber for carbon monoxide poisoning," she continued. "Two days later, Fotis Dolus was declared dead at Jacoby Medical Center in New York City. After an eight-month search for Jennifer, the prime suspect in her disappearance was dead."

Pattis was one of the last people to speak to Dulos.

"You talked to him that day?" Ingle asked Pattis.

"Yes," he answered. "It was a difficult conversation. It was foreseeable to me that he would be incarcerated again. And that was not news that he wanted to hear."

Jennifer's body has still not been found but her family and friends are not giving up.
"The priority is still to find Jennifer. The investigation is ongoing," said Luft. "Fotis is not a victim. He chose a course of action and as a consequence, these kids are left without either parent."

To watch "Murder in Connecticut," go to Fox Nation and sign up today.
Fox Nation
Accused wife killer's attorney speaks out after client's suicide: 'Stunned. Never saw it coming' — Fox News

Last edited:
Accused wife killer's attorney speaks out after client's suicide: 'Stunned. Never saw it coming'

Norm Pattis, attorney for accused wife killer Fotis Dulos, said that he was having a difficult time coming to grips with the suicide of his client.

On Jan. 28, 2020, Connecticut police discovered Fotis Dulos unresponsive inside his car in the garage of his home.

His estranged wife and the mother to their five children, Jennifer Dulos, had been missing for more than 100 days.

"Numb and I think I'm having a hard time processing it all. This was not foreseeable," said the veteran criminal defense attorney.

In the Fox Nation show "Murder in Connecticut," Ingle re-examined every detail of this bizarre case, which she covered for the Fox News Channel from its beginning to its tragic end.

Jennifer met Fotis at Brown University. Years later, they reconnected following a chance meeting.

"I remember that they ran into one another at the Aspen airport," said Jennifer's friend Carrie Luft. "They reencountered one another at a time when she was single and wasn't even really looking for love. Their courtship was a fast one. ... Jennifer seemed very, very happy. Fotis was charming and funny."

The marriage was not a good one, and after a series of ups and downs, it ended in 2017.
"That's when Jennifer discovered Fotis had been having a yearlong affair with a woman from work named Michelle Traconis," Ingle reported.

In an exclusive interview in December 2019, Ingle sat down across from Fotis and pressed him for answers on the whereabouts of his wife. Fotis declined to give any specific, citing a judge's gag order.

Then, a bombshell exploded in the case. One hundred and thirty seven days after Jennifer was last seen alive, Connecticut State Police arrested Fotis for a third time, charging him with murder.

"Hours before the suicide attempt, Fotis was due in court for an emergency bond hearing where he would learn if his bail would be revoked. When he was late, police were called to his house for a welfare check," narrated Ingle.

"Emergency responders got a pulse and raced him to UConn medical center in Farmington. He was then airlifted to another medical facility to be treated in a hyperbaric chamber for carbon monoxide poisoning," she continued. "Two days later, Fotis Dolus was declared dead at Jacoby Medical Center in New York City. After an eight-month search for Jennifer, the prime suspect in her disappearance was dead."

"Yes," he answered. "It was a difficult conversation. It was foreseeable to me that he would be incarcerated again. And that was not news that he wanted to hear."

Jennifer's body has still not been found but her family and friends are not giving up.
"The priority is still to find Jennifer. The investigation is ongoing," said Luft. "Fotis is not a victim. He chose a course of action and as a consequence, these kids are left without either parent."

Fox Nation
Accused wife killer's attorney speaks out after client's suicide: 'Stunned. Never saw it coming' — Fox News

“Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.”

Well - since I haven't seen any updates on this case - I shall post it here - until I do....

Friday, March 27th:
*Preliminary Hearing (@ 10am ET) – CT - Adam Davenport (31) arrested & charged (Jan. 2010) with 1 count of second-degree harassment.
Davenport confessed to making the calls (30 calls within a span of half-hour) to both Pattis and his law partner Kevin Smith which started in October, 2019. New Haven Superior Court. Re: Jennifer Dulos case.
2/21/20 Update: Preliminary hearing. 2/21/20: Preliminary hearing continued to 3/27. Has been arraigned, but has not entered a plea.
Due to the coronavirus, Connecticut courts are only hearing “priority 1” matters for the next two weeks.

Fox Nation
So Pattis did talk to FD that day and told him he thought he'd be incarcerated again? And didn't tell Smith or anyone else in his office to go and pick FD up to bring him to court? The interview may give NP some more publicity, but sure doesn't make him look good.

Well - since I haven't seen any updates on this case - I shall post it here - until I do....

Friday, March 27th:
*Preliminary Hearing (@ 10am ET) – CT - Adam Davenport (31) arrested & charged (Jan. 2010) with 1 count of second-degree harassment.
Davenport confessed to making the calls (30 calls within a span of half-hour) to both Pattis and his law partner Kevin Smith which started in October, 2019. New Haven Superior Court. Re: Jennifer Dulos case.
2/21/20 Update: Preliminary hearing. 2/21/20: Preliminary hearing continued to 3/27. Has been arraigned, but has not entered a plea.
Due to the coronavirus, Connecticut courts are only hearing “priority 1” matters for the next two weeks.

Here It Is (I was looking under the original name given "Davidson").

All's good.

Last, First: DAVENPORT ADAM Represented By:
Birth Year: 1988 Times on the Docket: 4
Docket Information
Docket No: N23N-CR20-0226603-S Arresting Agency: LOCAL POLICE NEW HAVEN
Companion:
Program: Arrest Date: 1/29/2020
Court: New Haven GA 23 Bond Amount: $0 (This case only)
Bond Type: Promise to Appear
Miscellaneous: (Released From Custody)
Activity: Awaiting Plea Next Court Date: 5/1/2020 10:00 AM
Current Charges
53a-183 HARASSMENT 2ND DEG C Misdemeanor 1 10/15/2019

So Pattis did talk to FD that day and told him he thought he'd be incarcerated again? And didn't tell Smith or anyone else in his office to go and pick FD up to bring him to court? The interview may give NP some more publicity, but sure doesn't make him look good.
Yes, and he said it was “a difficult conversation.” So he knew it wasn’t smooth sailing.

There are lots of unanswered questions about that morning.

Why did AC leave to “run errands” around 10:30am, as reported?
What was the plan, did AC know that FD had talked with NP and that FD was likely to be “incarcerated again?” Would she have left for errands knowing that?
FD would have had to leave for court about the same time AC left for her errands (or even earlier, to park and connect with KS, and what about if there was traffic?) to make it to the court hearing, did he pretend that he was about to leave as she set off to do errands? Or did AC know he wasn’t going to go to Stamford?

Wouldn’t she have wanted to say goodbye and wish him well if he was heading to court, likely to be taken into custody and incarcerated? Given all the $ she was spending to bond him out there must have been some connection.

Did he keep the bad news from her, tell her NP was going to wrap it all up and he’d be home after lunch?

Timeline:
At 9:53 am FD called the bondsman asking what was needed for him to take over the $6M bond. FD said he was on his way to his attorneys office.
At 10:34am the bondsman called back and FD said it was all taken care of, and FD sounded out of breath like he was working out.
AC must have left to “run errands” in that time, reports say she left around 10:30am.

AC returned and pulled up to find police administering CPR in the driveway. This was captured on the drone footage. This must have been after 12.

Where did AC go in this time? Why was she out running errands when GD was facing the likelihood of going back to jail? Did she go to the bank safety deposit box? Didn’t she realize that FD wasn’t going to make the bond hearing, he didn’t have enough time to get there, when she pulled out for errands? Was FD getting in the Suburban then as if he was going to leave down to Stamford? But at 10:34 he already sounded out of breath on the phone with the bondsman.
I wonder if we’ll ever learn more about what really went on that morning and what it was like inside 4JC as FD scrambled to make a life and death decision, and what AC knew and didn’t know.

Yes, and he said it was “a difficult conversation.” So he knew it wasn’t smooth sailing.

There are lots of unanswered questions about that morning.

Why did AC leave to “run errands” around 10:30am, as reported?
What was the plan, did AC know that FD had talked with NP and that FD was likely to be “incarcerated again?” Would she have left for errands knowing that?
FD would have had to leave for court about the same time AC left for her errands (or even earlier, to park and connect with KS, and what about if there was traffic?) to make it to the court hearing, did he pretend that he was about to leave as she set off to do errands? Or did AC know he wasn’t going to go to Stamford?

Wouldn’t she have wanted to say goodbye and wish him well if he was heading to court, likely to be taken into custody and incarcerated? Given all the $ she was spending to bond him out there must have been some connection.

Did he keep the bad news from her, tell her NP was going to wrap it all up and he’d be home after lunch?

Timeline:
At 9:53 am FD called the bondsman asking what was needed for him to take over the $6M bond. FD said he was on his way to his attorneys office.
At 10:34am the bondsman called back and FD said it was all taken care of, and FD sounded out of breath like he was working out.
AC must have left to “run errands” in that time, reports say she left around 10:30am.

AC returned and pulled up to find police administering CPR in the driveway. This was captured on the drone footage. This must have been after 12.

Where did AC go in this time? Why was she out running errands when GD was facing the likelihood of going back to jail? Did she go to the bank safety deposit box? Didn’t she realize that FD wasn’t going to make the bond hearing, he didn’t have enough time to get there, when she pulled out for errands? Was FD getting in the Suburban then as if he was going to leave down to Stamford? But at 10:34 he already sounded out of breath on the phone with the bondsman.
I wonder if we’ll ever learn more about what really went on that morning and what it was like inside 4JC as FD scrambled to make a life and death decision, and what AC knew and didn’t know.

I wonder if FPD investigators are asking the same good questions you’ve asked, and that I’ve wondered about, too.

As to NP, he tells varying stories about that morning. On the Chaz & AJ audio he said he was out of town (Wash DC?) re another client and had turned his phone off. And when he turned it back on there was an “overwhelming number of calls.” Didn’t say he talked with FD that a.m.

On the Fox61 interview NP gave between FD’s suicide attempt and his death, he tells of due process remedies they were pursuing to keep FD out of jail, which should have given him some hope.

Fotis Dulos’ attorney blames himself, in part, for his attempted suicide

Also SA article re celebrity bondsman Ira Judelson coming aboard.

Ira Judelson: 5 things about Fotis Dulos' bail bondsman

But now in his latest interview NP says he and FD had a difficult conversation that a.m. about FD’s certain re-incarceration.

BTW on pg 49 here I quoted your post back in Jan—wondering how McGuigan got to be the atty for Palmetto Surety on the bail bond.

I wonder if FPD investigators are asking the same good questions you’ve asked, and that I’ve wondered about, too.

As to NP, he tells varying stories about that morning. On the Chaz & AJ audio he said he was out of town (Wash DC?) re another client and had turned his phone off. And when he turned it back on there was an “overwhelming number of calls.” Didn’t say he talked with FD that a.m.

On the Fox61 interview NP gave between FD’s suicide attempt and his death, he tells of due process remedies they were pursuing to keep FD out of jail, which should have given him some hope.

Fotis Dulos’ attorney blames himself, in part, for his attempted suicide

Also SA article re celebrity bondsman Ira Judelson coming aboard.

Ira Judelson: 5 things about Fotis Dulos' bail bondsman

But now in his latest interview NP says he and FD had a difficult conversation that a.m. about FD’s certain re-incarceration.

BTW on pg 49 here I quoted your post back in Jan—wondering how McGuigan got to be the atty for Palmetto Surety on the bail bond.
IMO, NP is a liar. He had to have known that FD was suicidal, but could offer him no help and no hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus