Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
NYP update: https://nypost.com/2019/06/02/jennifer-dulos-estranged-husband-his-girlfriend-arrested/

Wonder about this from the article though: A pair of NYPD cops were spotted around 11:25 a.m. Sunday heading into Farber’s building, staying for about 5 minutes.

Could this have been about the arrest or something different IDK?

NYPD would send officers to Mrs Farber’s home if Jennifer has been found. I have a friend who is a retired police captain; as a patrolman he had the job of going to someone’s house in Ossining NY to tell them that their daughter had been murdered in NYC-I don’t know if that is why these guys were at the Farber home, though.

My guess is that the father planned to collect the children before authorities knew that Jennifer was missing and head for Argentina using Greek passports. I'm sure he realized that he would be the prime suspect, but he might have anticipated a window of time where he could flee with the children.

Jennifer and the nanny must have had a system where, if something didn't happen, the nanny took the children to the grandmother and notified friends so they could report her missing.
I agree. Jennifer knew he wanted to kill her. Jennifer knew about his threats to take the kids overseas, multiple times. He threatened to take them to Greece and to the mistress’s ski resort.

NYPD would send officers to Mrs Farber’s home if Jennifer has been found. I have a friend who is a retired police captain; as a patrolman he had the job of going to someone’s house in Ossining NY to tell them that their daughter had been murdered in NYC-I don’t know if that is why these guys were at the Farber home, though.
Maybe to ask questions on behalf of CT police? Do LE in other cities do that for each other?
jmo

As I mentioned to you earlier, afitzy, in our brief, (but very awesome WS conversation), CT Coalition Against Domestic Violence was the group I mentioned to you. They were so very helpful to us when we ran groups and individual counseling at the state run facility where I worked.

Then when I myself went through some very difficult times in my own marriage and then my divorce, I turned to CCADV. I wrote them a long letter explaining my DV situation, which they published in their newsletter.

I just wish more abused women knew about CCADV and were able and strong enough to turn to them for the wonderful help and advice they give.

Thank you for sharing your story here. You made it through your tough times and we are lucky to have your testimony on WS. You are a SURVIVOR!

DV is an ISSUE in Fairfield County. Each year in New Canaan on the day that is designated for DV awareness a purple flag is placed on the lawn adjacent to Town Hall. Each year the amount of space required for all the flags increases. I didn't count the flags this year but my guess is that there were easily over 150 flags on the lawn with each flag representing a DV report. Various estimates exist about how many DV incidents are not reported and I've seen numbers from 20% on up. But New Canaan is a small place with a population of about 19,000 I think so DV is an issue that touches many in Town IMO.

Last edited:
Just my experience with renting cars....

Most rental cars have little barcode stickers on the windshield, the rear window, and at least one side window.

Rental cars will almost never have any dealer markings. This is because rental car companies deal directly with automakers.

Luxury car rentals might be the exception since those could be a one off from a local dealership.

In areas with toll roads, rental cars will have the white/beige square plastic box (transponder) that adds the toll costs. Usually mounted to the right of the rear view mirror.

And I’ve seen some rental cars with the no smoking warning sticker on the outside of driver side window and inside posted on the glove box.

The second picture is used by Avis/Budget.

Attachments

• 2A63C02A-1CAD-4F63-9834-A75009226E8A.jpeg
    2A63C02A-1CAD-4F63-9834-A75009226E8A.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 3156FB82-DB55-40B0-8D47-7FEA9536A5C5.jpeg
    3156FB82-DB55-40B0-8D47-7FEA9536A5C5.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 17
They reported on it on the 630 news. Had retired lt vance on. They also panned to reporter at the scene who confirmed they’ve been there all day and were still there ...it was live. The reporter said JD “lived” in NC which got my hairs up. Hoping that wasn’t a slip cause I’m hanging to all hopes she is still alive.

I think Channel 8 was following onsite via FB live. Haven't checked in awhile as nothing seemed to be going on that was visible.

So Fore group has roughly 17 acres in property within 4 miles of each other. He actually is selling a house on Olcott way which is literally 30 seconds from the house that was searched today on mountain spring. The 17 acres come from 4 of the properties he is selling. Ill try to attach a map, the blue dot is the house he currently resides in, the turquise is the property that was searched today. the other circles are the other properties he is selling. The purple is where he was arrested. Sorry for my horrible first time map.

Attachments

• pic.PNG
    pic.PNG
    169.2 KB · Views: 65
There were pics of police talking to the security detail
last week

I remember you mentioned this in Kelsey Berreth’s case.

I’m inclined to think they found her this morning after the girlfriend told them everything they needed to know.

Our Maryland vehicle license plates both a car and a truck.

Have 3 letters followed by 3 numbers.

You can purchase special license plates in Maryland but that wouldn’t be on a rental car.
1DK 9017 MD plate. Not sure what you mean as it looks like number 2 letters and 4 numbers. I'm going from the license plate of SUV parked at the Marriott. Are you looking at a different vehicle?

Which could be forged. JMO

Well in any event, he won’t collect a dime if he killed her. What happens first is, the insurance company stalls the payment of the policy because she isn’t known to be dead. Then when it appears that the beneficiary may have actually caused the death of the person on whom the policy was taken, they don’t pay it out at all. The only thing I am not certain about is if the policy ever ends up being paid out to the children; they may not be listed as beneficiaries, and I’m not sure they can skip FD, and hand the money over to some kind of trust for the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288