CT CT - John Gaydosh, 30, New Britain, June 1963

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]John Xavier Gaydosh[/h]
  • john_xavier_gaydosh_1.jpg
Gaydosh, circa 1963

• Missing Since 06/01/1963
  • Missing From New Britain, Connecticut
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Age 30 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'11 - 6'0, 165 - 190 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair. Gaydosh may use the name John Thomas Gaydosh Jr.

[h=3]Details of Disappearance[/h] Gaydosh was last seen in New Britain, Connecticut sometime in June 1963. He went to work and never returned home, and has never been heard from again. The day after his disappearance, his vehicle was found near a pond. Few details are available in his case.

http://charleyproject.org/case/john-xavier-gaydosh

Date of last contact is an approximation. MP went to work and did not return home. His vehicle was located the next day, near a pond.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26608/

He kinda resembles this guy:
https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/11159

I wonder if they were compared back in the day?

ETA: Here is the thread for the John Doe. It appears someone mentioned John G. might be a match a couple years ago but I can't tell if the person ever submitted it.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...0-in-ditch-off-I-93-rod-in-femur-Aug-69/page2

John G has DNA on file but the JD's DNA says "Sample available - Not yet submitted". I wonder why the sample has not yet been submitted? I think you should submit this one Alleykins. Perhaps they would at least get John Doe's DNA submitted and complete in the system if they had a suggestion to compare him to. JMO.

Whoa! I live in this area, but have never heard about this case til now...

Frustratingly little details...there are several ponds in the area. Which one was his vehicle found near?

Where did he work? There were a lot of factories in the city during the '60s, which employed a lot of men.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

ETA: Here is the thread for the John Doe. It appears someone mentioned John G. might be a match a couple years ago but I can't tell if the person ever submitted it.

NH - NH - Salem, WhtMale 1716UMNH, 20-30, in ditch off I-93, rod in femur, Aug'69
That does look promising, did you ever get an update as to whether that was submitted ?

I was also considering this John Doe, that ended up on the Canadian side of Lake Eerie. He was in the water for 3 months so could have come from the US imo.
Canada's Missing | Case details

Found his family in the 1940 census:Untitled.jpg

(Per a little more Googling, the two little boys are actually "Bernard" and "Boniface.") But no occupation is listed for Dad.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

NH - NH - Salem, WhtMale 1716UMNH, 20-30, in ditch off I-93, rod in femur, Aug'69

I can see the resemblance. And the distance kinda fits, since Salem, CT (where the UID was found) is about 40 minutes away from New Britain. Though do we know where John worked?

However, the UID male was found 6 years after John disappeared and had an estimated PMI of 7 days. Of course that could be mistaken, but I feel like a body would look different one week after death vs. 6 years—especially in the heat of August. The description that he "found in [a] ditch filled with water. [His] body was supine and partially submerged" doesn't sound like conditions that would prevent or prolong decomposition.

At the same time, though, I agree it's still worth submitting because you never know.

Attachments

• TheBridgeportPost-CT-May-29-1961.jpg
    TheBridgeportPost-CT-May-29-1961.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 8
Was he married by 1955? There is a John Gaydosh whose wife gave birth to a son at Bristol Hospital (where yours tuly was born!) - maybe moved to New Britain by 1963?

Attachments

• TheHartfordCourant-Sept-14-1955.jpg
    TheHartfordCourant-Sept-14-1955.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 6

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members