Reaction score
Marisela Pino – The Charley Project
Missing Person Case
Marisela Pino
  • marisela_pino_1.jpg
  • marisela_pino_2.jpg
  • marisela_pino_3.jpg
  • marisela_pino_4.jpg
Marisela, circa 1993; Age-progression to age 33 (circa 2014)

• Missing Since03/20/1993
  • Missing FromWaterbury, Connecticut
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth09/29/1981 (37)
  • Age11 years old
  • Height and Weight4'5, 85 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA black and gray jacket, a green and white shirt, a green denim skirt or jeans, white socks and blue shoes.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsHispanic female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Marisela may use the last names Pino-Vasquez or Vasquez-Pino. She may have a scar on her left ankle and possibly a duck-shaped burn scar on either her abdomen or the center of her chest.
Details of Disappearance
Marisela was last seen in the vicinity of Nash's Pizza & Groceries in the 10 block of Cherry Street in Waterbury, Connecticut on March 20, 1993. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

So little info of a missing child?

she went missing here

Google Maps

Bumping for Marisela, now missing over 27 years...

I'm a lifelong CT resident but I've never heard of this case before.

I wonder about the context of the "last seen" - for starters, who was it that last saw her? And what was she doing there, and who with? Was it a familiar place for her? etc.
I have been doing some digging into what online articles I can find regarding her case, and there is not much information available at all. <modsnip - no link>

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in Waterbury today running errands and looked up the location. When looking at it on Google Maps, I did not realize how close it is to the highway. That could be important information to a potential abduction case. It is ridiculously close to the highway, 84 and rt. 8. My research suggests the highways in 1993 were essentially the same as they exist today.

I wonder about the context of the "last seen" - for starters, who was it that last saw her? And what was she doing there, and who with? Was it a familiar place for her? etc.
I also have a concern about her last seen location. The police report shows that the incident took place at 11pm. I know it was a Saturday, but is seems odd that she would be out that late, alone, in front of a grocery/pizza place. The shop is only a 6 minute walk from their address at the time, so two blocks isn't that far from home during the day, but at night I would hope she would have been with family.

I have submitted FOIA requests to both Waterbury Police and FBI. Waterbury Police said no, but didn't give a reason other than it's an ongoing case. I believe they have to share it unless there is a prospective law enforcement action. I would need help to push this. FBI said they don't release the info on a minor child unless it is to the family or the child.

According to the police report, Marisela was last seen on March 19, not March 20. She was reported missing late at night on March 20, after her family couldn't locate her. She was seen speaking to an adult male (likely known to the family) on March 19, and she went to play "video games" at Nash's Pizza with her sister. They left at 8pm and her sister returned home while she did not. It doesn't seem like the sister gave much information about the walk home, which would have been crucial.

Last seen appears to be the pizza shop owner and her sister. She was also seen by an unnamed other young girl speaking to an adult earlier that day. The area seems to be very familiar to her, as her mother's listed address is only about 3 blocks away, and her sister's home (where she was to be staying the night she went missing) was almost across the street.

This is the document I can find that lists a transcript from many of the original pages that I could locate. This transcript has additions that are stricken from the copy I have located.

Attachments

• transcript.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
Based on case documentation published here random facts girl on Twitter: "https://t.co/mwP6J9r6P3" / Twitter and in the Transcript I uploaded, I am working on a new timeline:

Updated Timeline

March 19, 1993

• Marisela was seen speaking to a Colombian male, later identified as Manuel Gautier (information came second hand from young girl to someone else, both unnamed)

• Sometime Marisel goes to Nash’s Pizza with her older sister Maria

• Abt. 8:00PM: Marisela and Maria are seen leaving Nash’s Pizza

• Marisela is reported to have last been with Nancy Pino (older sister)
March 20, 1993

• Maria and family do not see or hear from Marisela during the day

• 11:30PM: Maria Pino goes to Youth Division of Waterbury PD to report Marisela missing

• She doesn’t speak English and was accompanied by “family members”
March 21, 1993-March 22, 1993

• Family members search the immediate neighborhood and surrounding areas, passing out photos and receiving “calls from people” (unknown persons)
March 23, 1993

• Maria returns to the police department to report what she found out

• Police interview people at Chase School, they confirm she just started going there and had a “bad attendance record” (absent 49 days for 1992, absent 20 days for 1993)

• Someone in Bristol claims to have seen Marisela (unknown location - unclear in documentation and transcript)
March 25, 1993

• Marisela’s name and description are printed in the newspaper with a tipline number. No calls are received.

Authorities said officers responded to the report of human remains being found on Judd Street.

Officers found a human skull and bones on scene.

“This incident is being actively investigated by WPD Detectives, Forensics Unit and CT Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME),” said Waterbury police.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Possible age of the remains isn't mentioned

I

Authorities said officers responded to the report of human remains being found on Judd Street.

Officers found a human skull and bones on scene.

“This incident is being actively investigated by WPD Detectives, Forensics Unit and CT Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME),” said Waterbury police.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Possible age of the remains isn't mentioned.

I’ve been waiting on this since they announced it. It could be a handful of people, I thought of Marisela , Bernadine Paul and Billy Smolinski right away. Keep in mind, Judd St. is right down the street from where Nash Pizza was…

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sapphire13
Back