Found Deceased CT - Sherrian Howe, 21, car fnd, personal items at hotel, Manchester, 21 Dec 2021

rats

Justice for Sheridan Jane Doe.
Reaction score
61fdf090c0e62.image.jpg

5XIRC6FZZJHELFAVLOU5YDWMTM.jpg

Manchester police said 21-year-old Sherrian Howe was last seen on Dec. 21, 2021.

They described her as standing 5'1" tall and weighing about 105 pounds.

She has black hair and brown eyes.

A vehicle associated with Howe was found unoccupied in Windsor Locks on Dec. 28, according to police.

Police said they upgraded the report from a missing person's case to a Silver Alert on Dec. 29.

Manchester woman hasn't been heard from since before Christmas

Family and friends of a missing Manchester woman plan to search for her Sunday around a Bloomfield restaurant, the last known place that her debit card was used after she was reported missing more than a month ago. Volunteers are welcome to help in the search for Sherrian Howe, 22, who was last seen by her family on Dec. 21, her sister-in-law, Nyesha Howe, said Friday.

The search is set to start at 1 p.m. at the Copaco Shopping Center, 335 Cottage Grove Road.Manchester police verified there was activity on a financial account belonging to Sherrian Howe after she was reported missing. The last known date and place that her TD Bank debit card was used was Dec. 31 at the iHop restaurant, 339 Cottage Grove Road, Nyesha Howe said. A pharmacy technician at a Walgreen’s in Manchester, Sherrian Howe was attending college in Hartford with the goal of becoming a pharmacist. She was living with her brother in Manchester, close to her job, family members said.Howe’s brother was supposed to drop her off along with his son at the home of her sister, Anthea Howe-Denize, in Springfield on Dec. 21 for a holiday visit, but she was nowhere to be found and did not answer phone calls or emails.The 2008 Nissan Versa that Howe-Denize said she bought for her sister was found on Dec. 28 in a parking lot off Main Street in Windsor Locks, police said. Howe’s laptop and other belongings were found at a nearby hotel in Windsor Locks, Howe-Denize said.Manchester police say there is no record that Howe took a flight out of Bradley International Airport. Her sister-in-law said Howe’s driver’s license and credit cards were left with her other belongings at the hotel and her passport was at home in Manchester. The only thing missing from her belongings at the hotel, Nyesha Howe said Friday, was the debit card. The account held about $6,800 when Sherrian Howe went missing, she said.Howe had worsening depression and was not eating well, family members said. Police boosted the case to a silver alert on Dec. 29, Manchester police spokesman Lt. Ryan Shea has said, after “information was recovered which led investigators to believe she may have had suicidal ideations at some point prior to her disappearance.”

Howe was described as 5 feet 1, weighing about 105 pounds. She also is “very timid,” Howe-Denize said.

Howe-Denize said she prays every day for her sister’s safe return and still calls Howe’s phone at least once each day to leave a voice mail.“I’m so used to talking to her every day — it’s part of my routine,” she said. “I’m just hoping that she’s somewhere and listening to it.” Anyone with information about Sherrian Howe’s whereabouts is urged to call Manchester police at 860-645-5500.

Family of missing Manchester woman organizing search

Search for missing Manchester woman planned Sunday

Sherrian FB (last post September 2021)

I wonder if the iHop (where her TD debit card was used) has surveillance so LE can verify if she was in there and with who. This part of the article above scares me:

"Howe had worsening depression and was not eating well, family members said. Police boosted the case to a silver alert on Dec. 29, Manchester police spokesman Lt. Ryan Shea has said, after “information was recovered which led investigators to believe she may have had suicidal ideations at some point prior to her disappearance.” <BBM>

‘We're Not Going to Give Up': People Look for Missing Manchester Woman

Manchester Police said they are chasing leads and in a statement wrote in part:

“Extensive efforts have been made in this case to include review of surveillance video at locations Sherrian Howe was known to have been, drone and manual searches of areas near where her car was located in Windsor Locks, CT, and digital forensic examinations of devices recovered in this case.

Searchers said Howe’s personal items were found a hotel near where her car was discovered.

https://www.wtnh.com/news/family-seeks-answers-following-manchester-womans-disappearance/

To Note:
•Police found Sherrian’s car in the CVS parking lot off Main Street and later discovered the keys to the car, her laptop, cell phone, ID, and credit cards at a Day’s Inn near Bradley Airport.
•However, one thing wasn’t there, a TD Bank card that Nyesha learned was last used on New Year’s Eve after Sherrian went missing, at an IHop in Bloomfield.

Family pushes for info on Manchester woman’s disappearance

Feb 09, 2022
Very little new information has come to light since a security camera captured Sherrian carrying two duffle bags out of her Manchester home around 4 a.m. on Dec. 21, the date of her disappearance.

So far not much new evidence has been uncovered. After obtaining a search warrant, police recently discovered a deposit was made into one of Sherrian’s bank accounts on Jan. 26, Nyesha said. The money, she added, was direct deposits that Sherrian received from her job as a pharmacy tech at Walgreens.

Family pushes for info on Manchester woman’s disappearance

After Sherrian disappeared, Nyesha said she spoke with one of Sherrian’s Walgreens co-workers, who told her that Sherrian had mentioned that she was going to meet someone over the holiday.

The last communication that family members said they had with Sherrian was a series of emails shortly after she left her home on Dec. 22. In response to an email checking up on her, Sherrian replied, “I’m fine just need a break from everything.” Nyesha said she asked Sherrian to send her a video of herself to ensure she was OK.

Sherrian replied with a video of her sitting in an undisclosed location and silently waving her fingers “like a kid waving goodbye, looking poor and sad,” Nyesha said.

FEB 10, 2022
Family of missing Manchester woman pleads for police to do more (wtnh.com)
[...]

The family said Howe was seen on surveillance video leaving her brother and sister-in-law’s house in Manchester the morning of Dec. 21. From there, she went shopping in Bloomfield, got food from IHOP, and checked into a Days Inn in Windsor Locks. On Dec. 22, she placed a delivery order from Dominos to the hotel and her family received an email from her, letting them know she was okay.

“She replied to the email with a video of her face – just going like this – she was lying in a bed,” Nyesha Howe, Howe’s sister-in-law said.

The next day, Howe’s family said she left the hotel and made her way to CVS, where she was captured on video browsing the store.

Police told the family video also showed her walking while carrying bags on Main Street, but that is the last recorded sighting of her.

“They said, all they found in the hotel other than her personal belongings. was a note that read ‘goodbye’,” Nyesha Howe said.

[...]

Howe is a student at Capital Community College in Hartford and works as a pharmacy tech at Walgreens in Manchester.

[...]

FEB 10, 2022
Missing CT woman's family critical of police investigation effort | fox61.com
[...]

"After seven weeks of having the laptop, which may have information where she is, the police are unable to get into that laptop," said Keren Prescott, a Howe family friend.

The reason police couldn't access the laptop: it had no power. But, the family says, police never told them this until a Wednesday meeting, during which they also learned police could not access Sherrian's cell phone because the screen is cracked.

"They are now telling the family they are now going to send the screen to get fixed," said a disgusted Prescott.

Another frustration: several hours after she left home in December, her bank records showed her card made a purchase from IHOP in Bloomfield, but the family says Manchester police have not gone to IHOP to look at their surveillance video because they say they would need a search warrant.

"The IHOP manager advised us they didn’t need a warrant but if we came in with a Bloomfield police officer they would allow the officer to view that footage," Prescott added.

[...]

Police told the family the did find a note in her hotel room that simply said goodbye and listed the phone numbers of her brother and sister- in-law. And the family says cops did perform a handing writing analysis and believe the note was indeed written by Sherrian.

Manchester Family Asking for Public’s Help to Find Missing Loved One – NBC Connecticut
[...]

We reached out to the Manchester Police Department and they issued this statement to NBC Connecticut:

"The Manchester Police Department continues to follow leads in the missing person case of Sherrian Howe. Extensive efforts have been made in this case to include review of surveillance video at locations Sherrian Howe was known to have been, drone and manual searches of areas near where her car was located in Windsor Locks, CT, and digital forensic examinations of devices recovered in this case. Officers have been in communication with Sherrian’s family and continue to update them on efforts made and any information that comes to light. We want the public to know investigators continue to follow all leads in this case. The efforts in this case have included actions by multiple units in our agency, including efforts made by our Patrol Officers, Detectives with our Investigative Services Unit and Digital Investigations Unit, and our Drone Unit. Investigators formally met with the family of Sherrian Howe yesterday to discuss the status of the investigation and answer any questions they had. We ask that anyone with information on the whereabouts of Sherrian Howe, or any information that would help in this investigation, call us at (860) 645-5500."

I am in no way familiar with the area (never visited CT) so I’m having a problem keeping all the locations Sherrian went to, stayed at, visited, …
Manchester
Bloomfield
Windsor Locks

I am in no way familiar with the area (never visited CT) so I’m having a problem keeping all the locations Sherrian went to, stayed at, visited, …
Manchester
Bloomfield
Windsor Locks
Boy, you're not kidding! I'm having the same problem and am still not convinced I have it straight. :eek: Here's my attempt at it.

Dec 21, 2021 - Sherrian was living with her brother in Manchester [1] and last seen by her SIL, NH. Video shows her carrying two duffle bags out of the home around 4 a.m. Her passport was left at home. She went shopping in Bloomfield, got food from IHOP, and checked into a Days Inn in Windsor Locks [2].

Dec 22. 2021 - She placed a delivery order from Dominos to the hotel and her family received an email from her, letting them know she was okay.

Dec 23, 2021 - "The next day" Howe’s family said she left the hotel and went to CVS [3], where she was seen on video browsing the store. Police told the family video also showed her walking, carrying bags on Main Street [3], but that is the last recorded sighting of her. Family of missing Manchester woman pleads for police to do more

Dec 28, 2021 - The car was found Dec. 28 in a CVS parking lot off Main St [3] in Windsor Locks.

Date unknown - The keys to the car, her driver's license, laptop, cell phone, ID, and credit cards were later found (after the car was found) at a Day’s Inn near Bradley Airport [2]. Also found was a note that read, "Goodbye."

Dec 31, 2021 - The last known date and place that her TD Bank debit card was used at the iHop restaurant, 339 Cottage Grove Road, Bloomfield [4]. The debit card was only thing missing from her belongings at the hotel.

Here's what that looks like on the map. I think... :oops:

Manchester | Day's Inn, Windsor Locks | CVS, Main St, Windsor Locks | IHOP, Bloomfield - Google Maps

WHO WAS SHERRIAN MEETING OVER THE HOLIDAY? (Assuming that report means the New Year holiday...)

Last edited:
1) It is less than 20 minutes from Manchester to the Copaco Shopping Center in Bloomfield. She left home at 4 a.m. and the mall doesn't open until 8 a.m.

Family of missing Manchester woman pleads for police to do more (wtnh.com)
The family said Howe was seen on surveillance video leaving her brother and sister-in-law’s house in Manchester the morning of Dec. 21. From there, she went shopping in Bloomfield, got food from IHOP, and checked into a Days Inn in Windsor Locks.

Copaco Shopping Center - store list, hours, (location: Bloomfield, Connecticut) | Malls in America

What did she do between 4 a.m. and 8 a.m.?

2) There is a Boost Mobile, Sprint, T-Mobile, and an AT&T store at the shopping center. Did she buy a new phone or did someone else order the pizza?

Missing CT woman's family critical of police investigation effort | fox61.com
The police investigation revealed she checked into the Days Inn in Windsor locks the same day she left home. The following day, pizza ordered to be delivered to the hotel using her bank card.

"But they (person who ordered) didn’t leave Sherrian‘s phone number," Prescott noted. "They left a different phone number and so the family asked have the police called that phone number and as of yet the police have not called that phone number."

3) Her bank card indicates two trips to iHop and a pizza delivery, but she was not eating well? Nothing mentioned about meds being found with her belongings. Was she on medication for her depression?

Family of missing Manchester woman organizing search - Hartford Courant
Howe had worsening depression and was not eating well, family members said.

If she was last seen on video at CVS - what did she purchase there? I ask because it's stated she is depressed, could she have purchased something to end her life?

In terms of not eating well, if there were only three food purchases in a span of 10 days, I agree she wasn't eating well. Maybe she had cash as well though?

This is just so sad. And confusing. I guess I’m most puzzled by the Dec 31st purchase at iHop. I’m very concerned this is a case of self harm but some of the purchases that aren’t completely “confirmed”, ie., pizza delivery ordered from a diff number (tho that could be she maybe placed the order from the landline in the motel room?), and LE supposedly not viewing the Dec 31st purchase at the iHop. I hope those two items will be cleared up shortly for the family’s sake. Not to mention to rule out that someone else used her debit card.

Praying for all.

FEB 13, 2022
Police Release New Photos of Manchester Woman Missing Since December – NBC Connecticut
Police said she was last seen in Windsor Locks on December 23, 2021. She was seen on numerous occasions on and around December 23 wearing a distinctive jacket.

*See bottom photos in tweet below

Manchester Police Department on Twitter
***SILVER ALERT*** MISSING PERSON: Sherrian Howe - reported missing 12/21/2021. If you have any information on the whereabouts of Sherrian or any information that would assist investigators in locating her, contact us at (860) 645-5500.
FLfoz0fWUAAJuXW

12:45 PM · Feb 13, 2022·Hootsuite Inc.

@rlhenn and @PommyMommy Very good case summaries. Agreed this situation is a bit confusing and we have some significant knowledge gaps. The maps are very helpful.

Here's a few points of interest I noted while reading the thread and MSM stories. Many of these are open-ended questions that likely do not have answers at this time.

Mental health: Regarding Sherrian's mental health, the MSM posts mention her family saying that Sherrian is depressed and her depression is getting worse, but do we know whether Sherrian was actually diagnosed with depression by her doctor or is that an assumption/general observation by her family? If she was diagnosed with depression, is she seeing a therapist or taking any medication for her depression? If so, hopefully LE has interviewed her doctor and/or therapist. Also Sherrian's family said she had not been eating well lately, but depression can cause both over-eating and loss of appetite, depending on the person.

Relationship: Sherrian's family said she was not dating anyone or involved in a relationship when she went missing. MSM reports suggest she had little/no active social life. The only thing we know about this so far is a co-worker indicated Sherrian planned to meet someone over the holidays. Hopefully LE has interviewed the co-worker for additional details. Due to Sherrian's possible depression/MH issues, we don't know if this is actually true. If it is true, Sherrian kept this relationship from her family for some reason. If Sherrian wasn't seeing anyone, then she misled her co-worker for some reason. Hopefully Sherrian's phone and laptop can provide additional details.

Sightings: Sherrian was seen on video several times in different places, but from what I've read she was always seen alone. I've not read anything so far about her being seen with anyone after she left home. Did anyone at the hotel see her with another person? Is there any hotel security video of her with another person? If the pizza delivery person went to Sherrian's room, was anyone seen or heard in the room with Sherrian? When LE sees the IHOP video that may be be helpful.

CC use: Why would Sherrian order $35 worth of pizza, especially if she was not 'eating well'? Even if soft drinks and snack items are included that's enough food for several people. Was most of this pizza found left over in her hotel room later, or was all of it eaten? Also, if Sherrian's cell phone wasn't used to order the pizza, what number was used? LE should be able to quickly determine if this was the phone in her hotel room.

Sherrian's cell phone has a cracked screen per MSM reports, but we don't know if her phone was dropped or deliberately damaged. Information from this phone may indicate if she had calls or texts with someone new before she want missing.

Duffel bags: Why would Sherrian carry away 2 large duffel bags from her home at 4:00AM? If she was planning a quick trip she wouldn't need all of that. Was she planning on leaving home permanently or staying away for an extended time? Sneaking out of the house at 4:00AM indicates she didn't want her family to know she was leaving for some reason.

Laptop: I'm confused. LE says they couldn't examine the laptop because 'it had no power'? What does that mean? Dead battery? If so, just plug it into a wall outlet. If there is no AC adapter cord then LE should be able to purchase a replacement at an electronics store or ask the family to bring in Sherrian's power cord from home. Her laptop seems very important to her, so emails, chat logs, etc. may be helpful and could determine if she was actually seeing anyone at this time.

Goodbye note: It's unclear what this note means. Was she considering suicide or did she plan to run away with someone? Given her possible MH issues this one-word note could mean anything. Concerning for sure, but I'm unclear what her intention is for this note.

FEB 14, 2022
Alert Issued For Missing CT Woman | Brookfield Daily Voice

Screen_Shot_2022-02-14_at_3.05.54_PM_uxieig
Screen_Shot_2022-02-14_at_3.06.02_PM_qospe7

Investigators said that Howe was last seen in the Windsor Locks area in Hartford County on Dec. 23, 2021, and that she was spotted on multiple occasions wearing “the distinctive coat” photographed above.

Howe also has ties to Hampden County in Springfield.

Manchester Family Asking for Public’s Help to Find Missing Loved One – NBC Connecticut
[...]

"This is our baby girl, she's the baby of our family," said AH-D, sister of Sherrian. "I hope and we are praying that she's out there and she's just waiting for us to find her."

[...]

Howe's sister-in-law reported her missing on Dec. 21, 2021. But, according to Sherrian's family, police didn't issue a Silver Alert until Dec. 28.

[...]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks