Identified! CT - Stonington (Ledyard), WhtFem UP8909, 18-30, JNHS 1917 Class Ring, Lady Clairol hair roller set, May'74 - Linda Sue Childers

Well, that's sure interesting @papijoe2002! I'd quote your post but for whatever reason I'm unable to. I can quote everyone else's posts just fine after running several tests! Yours refuses to enter into this box. :(

The case just got full funding!
In the page linked above, the one that says "Who is Lorraine Stahl", it says that the letters engraved on the ring are "J.H.S.N" as opposed to what I saw previously posted in this thread, which stated it was "N.J.H.S."
Could it possibly be in reference to Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing? It was established in 1889, located in Baltimore.

Here is a link to an article showing all graduates of the nursing program in 1917Clipping from The Baltimore Sun - Newspapers.com

Last edited:
In the page linked above, the one that says "Who is Lorraine Stahl", it says that the letters engraved on the ring are "J.H.S.N" as opposed to what I saw previously posted in this thread, which stated it was "N.J.H.S."
Could it possibly be in reference to Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing? It was established in 1889, located in Baltimore.

Here is a link to an article showing all graduates of the nursing program in 1917Clipping from The Baltimore Sun - Newspapers.com
Unfortunately I don't see anyone listed with any combination of the initials ILN.

Same! I'm so excited and hope that we find something out soon (even though I know the genetic genealogy will probably take a while)
Since they didn't have DNA for these remains prior to Othram taking on the case, there's a possibility they may get a match when they load it into CODIS, saving time and money on research. I love fgg, wish it had been a thing when I was trying to figure out a major back in college decades ago, but if they can match this case with DNA they already have on file for a missing person, I'm all for it, too.

Since they didn't have DNA for these remains prior to Othram taking on the case, there's a possibility they may get a match when they load it into CODIS, saving time and money on research. I love fgg, wish it had been a thing when I was trying to figure out a major back in college decades ago, but if they can match this case with DNA they already have on file for a missing person, I'm all for it, too.
Perhaps! We've turned up a number of possible matches! though it seems like the ones I end up hearing about are people whose DNA was never uploaded into Codis and whose files may be sitting in a dusty basement if they were reported missing at all...

Perhaps! We've turned up a number of possible matches! though it seems like the ones I end up hearing about are people whose DNA was never uploaded into Codis and whose files may be sitting in a dusty basement if they were reported missing at all...
Exactly, but Othram said, in so many words, they start with CODIS first and then move on to the forensic genealogy side if nothing shakes out.

Could this be her? Newly added to doe network... not reported missing til 2016 dates could be off slightly because case is murky

IF LaRosa was truly alive in March 1971 she couldn't be this UID. This unidentified victim was killed December of 1970 with her remains being located in 1974. However, she could be a good possibility if the dates are off. Per the Charley Project Irene grew up in an orphanage, I wonder where she was living when she disappeared.

Last edited:
IF LaRosa was truly alive in March 1971 she couldn't be this UID. This unidentified victim was killed December of 1970 with her remains being located in 1974. However, she could be a good possibility if the dates are off. Per the Charley Project Irene grew up in an orphanage, I wonder where she was living when she disappeared.
Her niece has a Facebook page about her. They “think” it was March of 1971 so 3 months isn’t a stretch.

Any chance the red hair is colored from the elements? For example there are 'bog bodies ' in Ireland of people that are completely preserved from hundreds upon hundreds of years ago but their skin is tanned and hair red because of the chemical makeup in the peat. Just throwing it out there
Her description and composit drawings are from people who knew/interacted with her.

Her description and composit drawings are from people who knew/interacted with her.

I've wondered how accurate they were since the individuals were in witsec. Maybe there's no reason to doubt them, though.

ETA: I do hope Othram is making progress... I'm thrilled they have this case.

I've wondered how accurate they were since the individuals were in witsec. Maybe there's no reason to doubt them, though.

ETA: I do hope Othram is making progress... I'm thrilled they have this case.

What is witsec?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back