Identified! CT - Stonington (Ledyard), WhtFem UP8909, 18-30, JNHS 1917 Class Ring, Lady Clairol hair roller set, May'74 - Linda Sue Childers

Compiling the key info regarding the woman from the two articles:

Age: 20's according to one article, 25-30 according to the other.
Height: About 5'1" according to one article; 5'4" to 5'5" according to the other.
Weight: About 110-115 lbs. according to one article, 100-110, according to the other.
Hair: Red or Brownish Red
Other Info: She was believed to have lived in the New York City area. May have relatives in Tennessee, West Virginia, or the Carolinas.
The composite sketches and height and hair color, weight are from the recollections of people that knew/interacted with Jane Doe. They're Not from measurement of bones or examination of DNA. Thats why there are minor discrepencies.

I thought I'd post these comparisons I made again. NLCJD IS Helen Frost. You're thoughts?
Which post has the original comparison (post #)?

Also, is there DNA for this doe?

Last edited:
I was watching a mob-related movie the other night and quickly found myself re-reading some old news reports about the band of bank robbers surrounding this case.

Her identity and her story has always had me puzzled. I hope the funding will be met soon.

Well, looks like everyone knows, but yes, we are going to work the case! Crowdfunding now: Who is “Lorraine Stahl” (1974)?
So glad! This has been my pet case for over ten years. I donated but please let me know if I can assist in any other way. At one point I gathered every single newspaper article I could get my hands on.

So glad! This has been my pet case for over ten years. I donated but please let me know if I can assist in any other way. At one point I gathered every single newspaper article I could get my hands on.
Thank you so much. We will keep you all posted!

Just curious. @othram, when you obtain a DNA sample from a case where DNA was previously unobtainable, is it first checked against CODIS before delving into the genealogy?
Othram gets involved after an STR profile is attempted. The idea is you generate an STR, search the government database, and if there is no match, you move to Othram's approach.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR197708
Back