Still Missing CT - Vanessa Morales, 1, missing after mother found deceased, Ansonia, 28 Nov 2019 *arrest* #2

Tony Terzi (@T2Fox61) on Twitter

ANSONIA MURDER/AMBER ALERT: Law enforcement sources tell
@FOX61News
Jose Morales, the boyfriend of Christine Morales, who was found beaten to death in her Ansonia home last week, is a suspect in her death. He is also the father of missing one-year-old #VanessaMorales.

No surprise there. I’m just hoping he decides to cooperate, and tell law enforcement where he put Vanessa.

My sense is that he is reluctant to do that, as he doesn’t want to be charged with double homicide.

No surprise there. I’m just hoping he decides to cooperate, and tell law enforcement where he put Vanessa.

My sense is that he is reluctant to do that, as he doesn’t want to be charged with double homicide.
ITA with your last sentence.

Since it will be coming up shortly I'm sure, there is no death penalty in CT, so there really isn't much they can use as a bargaining chip here. :(

ITA with your last sentence.

Since it will be coming up shortly I'm sure, there is no death penalty in CT, so there really isn't much they can use as a bargaining chip here. :(
Yeah. Killing an innocent mother is terrible, but as bad as that is, killing a little 1-year-old girl is worse. Law enforcement may have to figure out her location on their own.

Yeah. Killing an innocent mother is terrible, but as bad as that is, killing a little 1-year-old girl is worse. Law enforcement may have to figure out her location on their own.
That's what I'm afraid of. If he did kill VM as well, I would imagine there's no way he will want to admit that and cooperate knowing exactly how he'll be treated in jail for it. Deny, deny, deny.

Father of missing 1-year-old Vanessa Morales named suspect in mother’s homicide investigation

Father of missing 1-year-old Vanessa Morales named suspect in mother’s homicide investigation
Posted 4:36 PM, December 10, 2019, by Rick Lessard, Updated at 04:39PM, December 10, 2019

ANSONIA — Law enforcement sources tell FOX61’s Tony Terzi that they have named Jose Morales as a suspect in the brutal death of Christine Holloway, his girlfriend and mother of 1-year-old Vanessa Morales.

Vanessa is still missing, as the search for the missing 1-year-old Vanessa Morales expanded into town of Naugatuck Tuesday.

Lt. Patrick Lynch of Ansonia confirmed that the FBI were in the town searching that morning.

Police could not say where exactly the search was happening, but said it was in connection with the Amber Alert.

Posted 4:36 PM, December 10, 2019, by Rick Lessard, Updated at 04:39PM, December 10, 2019

ANSONIA — Law enforcement sources tell FOX61’s Tony Terzi that they have named Jose Morales as a suspect in the brutal death of Christine Holloway, his girlfriend and mother of 1-year-old Vanessa Morales.

Vanessa is still missing, as the search for the missing 1-year-old Vanessa Morales expanded into town of Naugatuck Tuesday.

Lt. Patrick Lynch of Ansonia confirmed that the FBI were in the town searching that morning.

Police could not say where exactly the search was happening, but said it was in connection with the Amber Alert.

This happened today, so I think they updated an old post. Because it definitely wasn't released on Tuesday!

Lots of searching going on by LE in Hunter Mountain area. Locals say FBI has been going door to door inquiring according to missing fb
group chatter. Supposedly a local found a cell
phone on Hunter Mtn. belonging to Morales and this citizen took it to police station.
None of this has been confirmed by LE.
moo

Am I the only one that has hope that he didn’t hurt baby Vanessa or is this a pattern Sorry I’m rather new here as in I’ve only followed a few cases nothing like this. I wouldn’t think her dad would take her to hurt her would he??

Am I the only one that has hope that he didn’t hurt baby Vanessa or is this a pattern Sorry I’m rather new here as in I’ve only followed a few cases nothing like this. I wouldn’t think her dad would take her to hurt her would he??
You are not alone - I have had the feeling she was with his relatives/or a friend since the murder. But statistics are not on our side - it is very likely he killed the baby too but did not do it at the house or he decided, for whatever reason, to move the baby from the house so she would not be found with the mother.
JMO and we can hope. but prepare yourself. IMO

That's what I'm afraid of. If he did kill VM as well, I would imagine there's no way he will want to admit that and cooperate knowing exactly how he'll be treated in jail for it. Deny, deny, deny.
I've thought for a while that he's spinning a story that he took baby V on Saturday morning from an alive Christine and handed her off to someone Christine knew because tat what she told him to do, or something very similar.

I've thought for a while that he's spinning a story that he took baby V on Saturday morning from an alive Christine and handed her off to someone Christine knew because tat what she told him to do, or something very similar.
This actually matches with the timing I'm thinking in my head, although I didn't think of him spinning it already. You're probably on to something (if he actually planned that far ahead).

Based on news reports, they were all together Friday "and possibly Saturday." I'm thinking he may have stayed over, murdered CH, then taken VM Saturday morning, likely to the Naugatuck area from what we know. It would explain the sightings on VM Saturday morning with a male. MOO.

Normally I’d expect the child to be alive, as the grievance was against the mother.

Everything about this reeks of rage and emotion though, and the result of that is panic.

The person who killed the mother, also had her daughter. If he was caught with her, then he must be the killer.

Coupled with the fact that this child has yet to be found, then everything about this looks like a double murder to me.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan