CT - Waterford, Missing 5-year old found dead in car, 3 May 2018 *arrest*

Slightly off topic - what the heck does BBM mean? I’ve seen it a billion times but have no idea! Don’t laugh at me! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM= Bolded By Me. Meaning it was not bolded in the original post.

Slightly off topic - what the heck does BBM mean? I’ve seen it a billion times but have no idea! Don’t laugh at me! Lol

bbm Bolded by me

Imo-I’m wondering if he was hit or something happened while he was playing and someone put him in there to hide him in a panic (if it’s a younger person like kids) or make it look like he died of heat exhaustion. The missing puzzle piece is-is that his family’s car.

I would like to think that this was an accident of him locking himself in and not being able to get out, but even a five year old would think to lean on the horn, wouldn't he?

I would like to think that this was an accident of him locking himself in and not being able to get out, but even a five year old would think to lean on the horn, wouldn't he?

Hmmm I thought this too but no I don’t agree. 5yr olds sit in backseat where they may know a horn honks up front, they may never see where it comes from. We don’t use horns often so they can link up smashing the steering with the noise. Sure the toy steering wheels have a horn in them but it’s usually a big button appearance and a child may not realize it’s there without the button. It’s POSSIBLE they may know but at least to me in my thinking (like I said , I thought this too at first), it’s not probable.

a 5 year old can get in and out of a car by themselves. there is more to this story.

my first thought was it's an accident.
just this weekend we picked up some car dvd players for the back of our van. I told my husband I didn't want them stored in the van for fear of my youngest, 7, going in and watching a movie when we didn't know. our van is black interior, parked in the sun and tinted windows. it gets hot even on the colder days.
just a few thoughts,
my 7 year old will not stop doing something he loves even if he is getting exerted. I honestly think he would sit in a hot van just to see a movie

not sure about this family but tv is a special treat, only on weekends and that's a limited time. again, my youngest will look for reasons to get to a t.v..

I do hope this is an accident. poor boy

Thank you for posting this Jax. So it could have been heat exhaustion after all.
I know the little ones love locking and unlocking selves in car seats .oh what a tragedy..how would he be strong enough to open doors then hold door then climb in..but they can be fast..rest in paradise

My just turned 3 year old is more than capable of opening the door and getting in to my accord and my husband's 4 runner, he can put the key in the ignition, honk the horn, roll up and down windows and lock and unlock doors. I can see my son climbing in the car to play but I can't see him not being able to climb out if he got hot. He also knows the back doors are child locked and will climb up to the front doors to get out if we don't get him out fast enough so I think a normally developing 5 year old could get themselves in but also back out of a car unless it was the trunk.

Waterford mother receives suspended sentence in death of 5-year-old son

More than three years after her 5-year-old autistic son died in the backseat of a hot car, a local mother has been given a fully suspended eight-year prison sentence and three years of probation.

Last month, his mother, Whitney Bosselman, appeared in Norwich Superior Court and had her sentence handed down by Judge Nuala Droney. Bosselman, who pleaded guilty to risk of injury to a minor and had been out on bond, walked free.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back