Current Leads; Facts and Updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I became familiar with this case a few months ago, and when I came back to these threads yesterday I couldn't believe my eyes! This has been broken wide open and it is amazing to see all the work that has been done in such a short period of time. Genius work, greymetal, on posting this to reddit. I really thought I had seen GD on the unresolved sub, but whatever you did to take it to the next level was perfect.

This case touches my heart as I hung out with a LOT of people that remind me of Jason in high school and through my twenties, and I attended one of the last shows in Tampa in 1995.

I wonder if there is a way, without endangering the integrity of any such program, obviously, to get the word out to AA/NA groups in places he is suspected of living. His friends would likely be around 40 right now. Kids, jobs, sobering up if that was their scene. If his acquaintances/friends were heavy into the chemical aspect of following the dead, they may not have been in a place to miss him then and may have withdrawn from ties to the Dead and many of the social media avenues linked to jam bands.

I agree and that could be a reason people want pictures blurred. Could've been an aa gathering or maybe not. I've been to aa and they are hard to reach online but I can search a little tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought there was a report that the note wasn't actally found in his pocket, but somewhere near the accident scene? I read someone said there isn't even a guarantee it belonged to him, may have just been on the ground nearby? I've read so much in the past couple days, I can't remember where I read that.

I remember reading the same about the note. I believe it was surprising to everyone that has followed the case because we all assumed the note was in his pocket not near by. I think that info was released recently. It's on one of the threads here.

That info was from David Lohr's article, which is discussed here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?241911-Why&p=10486622#post10486622 (post #15)

Direct link to David's Huff Post article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/25/grateful-doe_n_5208512.html

In addition to the items found on "Grateful Doe," authorities found a note near the site of the crash that was addressed to someone named "Jason."

"To Jason, sorry we had to go. See you around. Caroline O. and Caroline T.," the note read. It also had a small doodle and a phone number with a 914 prefix.

Jones said authorities do not know if the note belonged to Hager, "Grateful Doe" or someone with no connection to either.

At the time of the accident, some media outlets mistakenly reported that the note was found in "Grateful Doe's" pocket. Jones said that information is incorrect.

"It was found within proximity of the vehicle and may not have even been in his original possession," Jones said.

Very, very strange that the imgur links have been deleted.

greymetal is on a cell; I believe I read she was having issues last night. We're in different parts of the world too. Hopefully she will log in soon

GreyMetal may have deleted them herself, but she also had some dipsh## harassing her who may have reported the posts & gotten them removed, although there was nothing wrong with them.

GreyMetal may have deleted them herself, but she also had some dipsh## harassing her who may have reported the posts & gotten them removed, although there was nothing wrong with them.

I was able to find it; the new photo is in the note I linked to above

Update on the WS user "zapped" who believed she picked up someone resembling GD as a hitchhiker in Ga or SC...

She messaged me and looked at all the pictures and says the person she picked up was at LEAST 20 lbs heavier than the guy in the photographs that surfaced out of Illinois this week. So she's unable to add any help here.

Not a big deal but I wanted to close the loop.

Actually it was overcast and rainy for the entire weekend at RFK. It wasn't hot at all. The high on 6/24 was 82, the high on 6/25 was 88, and the high on the day of the crash was 84. I remember camping at Greenbelt Park, which is where RFK security was sending people, and it was pretty chilly at night. Perhaps you were all under a bridge escaping the rain?

I remember rain and hot... and that bridge. Maybe I'm mixing up my years. I was there in 94 and 95.

Sorry to disagree, but some people don't smoke with their dominant hand. Most of the people I know who smoke while they drive smoke lefty, no matter what handed they are, just because of the window. I also know at least one righty who smokes lefty because she just can't manage to use a lighter with her left hand. (She is possibly the world's worst smoker.)

His tattoo could also be on his left arm either way. It especially could be on his left arm (and he be righty) if he inked it himself. It looks remarkably similar to a heart tattoo a friend of mine gave herself at 14, both in poor line quality and uneven color tone.

I was hoping it quoted the orginial quote but it didnt. Im trying to catch up on this and have 3 threads open. As a smoker, i often have switched hands holding the cig even though i am right handed. I have a picture of me with someone just like the pic that is here and my cig is in my left hand. That is so the arm that is around the person's neck doesn't have a cig in it. We may smoke, but don't like smoke right in our face. So it may be in his left hand so it's not near the other guys face.

I'm talking with a reporter from WMBF news in Myrtle Beach and they're asking if anyone has forwarded to Myrtle Beach police. I know that someone handled getting it to the person handling Grateful Doe, but has anyone thought about or reached out to local police there with this info? Who knows how they could be of help!

I'm talking with a reporter from WMBF news in Myrtle Beach and they're asking if anyone has forwarded to Myrtle Beach police. I know that someone handled getting it to the person handling Grateful Doe, but has anyone thought about or reached out to local police there with this info? Who knows how they could be of help!

Yes, I am in contact with the appropriate people. I have the name of his mom. Unfortunately, people have been bombarding the authorities with a false craigslist lead. I am awaiting an email from someone involved with the case (long story). At that point I will forward the information to them as well as cc'ing greymetal too. When that information has been received, I will be happy to discuss everything.

But yes, I have his mom's name. I cannot share anymore information because I do not want people looking her up and hounding her like they are doing to the ME.

Hey guys!

Just saw the posts about Imgur links not working..

Roselvr is right, I've been uploading a few here and there from my cell. They MAY have been removed by Imgur, so I'll have to investigate a bit further tonight and try to rectify the problem. I didn't remove them myself though :)

Thank you for pointing it out :loveyou:

I am unsure as to what is being forwarded where. I think I will send it all to LE in Myrtle Beach today to be sure. I will post here when I do so.

ETA: I will send them the pics and info from Grey since they said they couldn't send it to LE and they can investigate.

Please do not hesitate to send in a tip. If LE gets a duplicate that is to be expected in cases like this. I agree with not repeatedly hounding once a tip has been sent in, but I will repeat what a very wise LE once told me:

NEVER assume the police know

JMO

OK for what it's worth, I pulled this from an old message board (not WS or reddit). It contains facts I never knew before, which I'm highlighting below. Nothing groundbreaking but I wanted to share in case anyone hadn't seen this. It was posted in 2012. I haven't taken the time to verify some of these facts and the OP didn't say the source of the info, but it sounds legit. It may be in the public info that's out there but I haven't really read that stuff in a few years so I forgot a lot.

"Here are some things about Grateful Doe you may not know. Only the true facts will help bring him home!

He had all 32 of his teeth, none impacted and none removed. This includes ALL 4 wisdom teeth which were all fully erupted.

He had no fillings, sealants, or dental restorations of any kind. Only his own natural teeth.

His hair was dyed red; described as shoulder length and slightly curly. His natural color was light brown or what some might call a dark blonde.

He measured 5 feet 8 inches tall. Because of the severity of the accident, it is possible he may have been 5' 9" to 5' 10" when standing.

His eyes were brown. His left ear was pierced, but he was not wearing an earring. He had a home done tattoo of a 5 point star, a little less than an inch across, on his upper left arm.

A small scar was noted on the left side of his back. He also had what was was described as a "faint veining pattern over the upper right arm resembling a faint tattoo."

He weighed in at 169 pounds. His jeans were a light blue Levi Strauss 505, waist size 33, length 32. His FILA tennis shoes were a size 11 1/2.

Estimated to be 16-21 based on radiographs of his skeleton, it is also likely that he was in his 20's."

So should we all chill out until we hear back from DrDMike? Since he's in contact with Jason's mom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500