NY - Mark David Chapman & the murder of John Lennon, 1980

Julian's video for his mother:

[video=youtube;fsyYqJxf9Qk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsyYqJxf9Qk[/video]

:cry:

75? Oh my, it makes me feel like a spring chicken.

I still have my copy of her book Lennon With A Twist. It was a sad read and I've always resented the way that John (and Yoko) left Julian to fall by the wayside.

RIP Cynthia. :rose:

I still have my copy of her book Lennon With A Twist. It was a sad read and I've always resented the way that John (and Yoko) left Julian to fall by the wayside.

I also cannot understand why John treated Julian the way he did, and then went on to dote on Sean. That must have been very difficult for Julian. It's not Sean's fault, but still must have hurt deeply.

That was a beautiful tribute to his mom. She was a gorgeous young woman. Sad.

I, too, always felt badly for Julian having to see his father's public adoration for Sean.

If I remember correctly, Paul wrote "Hey Jude" for Julian, who was having a very bad time dealing with John's abandonment of him and his mother. That always touched my cold black heart.

Tonight (Tuesday) at 9:00PM (EST) on CNN Special Report:

Killing John Lennon

A look back at the murder of Beatles legend John Lennon on the 35th anniversary of his death.

36 years now

:rose: RIP John :rose:

I was born several years after his death but I think he seemed like such a wonderful, incredibly talented person. I did a presentation on his life back in high school.

I cant believe its been 28 years.It doesnt seem possible.
I was too young to remember JFK but I know where I was when this happened.
In Montana in my room listening to 14CFUN out of Vancouver Canada in the middle of reading the Playboy John Lennon interview I had just picked up in town.
The DJ announced he'd been shot then played the next song que'd up:Queen. 'Another One Bites the Dust'.... "...out of the doorway the bullets rip...."I still cant hear that song without thinking of that.
Then he came back on the air and confirmed that John Lennon was dead.Unbelievable.
It seems like yesterday.

I will always remember that day kline. I remember every year and have a drink for him...as it falls on my B-Day. Now I will have to have a drink for Greg Lake every year as well. This could become a problem. ;) Used to have that Playboy copy as well...until someone lifted it.

I will always remember that day kline. I remember every year and have a drink for him...as it falls on my B-Day. Now I will have to have a drink for Greg Lake every year as well. This could become a problem. ;) Used to have that Playboy copy as well...until someone lifted it.

I remember because it was my 10th birthday - Dec 9th in England when the news was widely reported. My teacher was inconsolable and I couldn't understand why all the adults were so grim-faced and school was so subdued that day. Arrogance of youth, I was cross I didn't get the usual homeroom happy birthday greeting!

My mum didn't even mention his death. She was never a fan of the Beetles - Dave Clark Five for her - and my dad was an old beatnik, he didn't think much of Lennon. I remember my friend coming over to my house for tea because her mum was so distraught there was no food on the table, though.

I will say that my mum admitted that the way some of my friends parents felt when Lennon was murdered was the same way she felt when RFK died. She was utterly devastated - even being English, living in England - when he was killed. She saw him as the bright new hope for the world, the same way, I assume, others of her generation saw Lennon.

A fourth grader is wowing the web with his heartfelt rendition of John Lennon's Imagine.

Proud mom Michelle Kornowski captured video of her son, Adam, performing the song during the talent show at Lakeside Elementary in Chisago City, Minnesota, on May 24.

Michelle posted the clip on Facebook and wrote that: 'There wasn’t a parent in the room with a dry eye by the end. He got a standing ovation and the applause lasted forever!! A woman stopped me to tell me that she would buy it on iTunes if I put it out there!!

Read more: Showstopping moment fourth grader wows classmates with stirring rendition of John Lennon classic | Daily Mail Online

Video at link. Imagine is one of my favourite songs and Adam’s performance is amazing.

One of my favs, also... Thank you for sharing!

P.S. 'Sure hope you're doing/feeling well, g

You’re welcome. Thank you for asking how I am doing I am still struggling every day with terrible tiredness and weakness which is so frustrating. I am not allowed anything dairy or fried which has been a challenge, it’s amazing how many foods milk is in. But I will be ok hopefully I will feel better soon.

Best wishes to you I hope you are well.

You’re welcome. Thank you for asking how I am doing I am still struggling every day with terrible tiredness and weakness which is so frustrating. I am not allowed anything dairy or fried which has been a challenge, it’s amazing how many foods milk is in. But I will be ok hopefully I will feel better soon.

Absolutely delightful and refreshing, thanks for posting!

Gregjrichards, also hoping for your challenging symptoms to be sorted and soothed soon, with many other lovely things coming your way!

I'm sorry you are struggling. I know from your posts that you have a wonderful heart and I believe that goodness is gonna' send a "get healthy" message to the rest of the cranky parts. And, I'm sending happy, anti-struggle thoughts your way. :)

Absolutely delightful and refreshing, thanks for posting!

Gregjrichards, also hoping for your challenging symptoms to be sorted and soothed soon, with many other lovely things coming your way!

Thank you so much for your kindness I really appreciate it.

I'm sorry you are struggling. I know from your posts that you have a wonderful heart and I believe that goodness is gonna' send a "get healthy" message to the rest of the cranky parts. And, I'm sending happy, anti-struggle thoughts your way. :)

Many thanks for your lovely post and kindness it means a lot.

Mark David Chapman said in parole hearing he wanted 'glory'

Mark David Chapman was denied parole for the 11th time during a hearing last month.

"At the time my thinking was he has all of this money, lives in this beautiful apartment and he is into music representing a more cautious lifestyle, a more giving lifestyle," Chapman told parole commissioners. "It made me angry and jealous compared to the way I was living at the time. There was jealousy in there."

When asked if anything in this thinking had changed during the last 40 years of his incarceration about why he shot Lennon, Chapman said:

"It was just self-glory, period. It was nothing more than that. It boiled down to that. There's no excuses."

Had he been released, Chapman, who in prison has become a devoted Christian, pledged to become an evangelist. "Look how low I went, but yet God still loves me and cares about me and has given me purpose and meaning in my life."

Chapman concluded his plea with a lengthy soliloquy and apology to Yoko Ono.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back