Dark Minds Episode on the LISK airing 4/23

The calls to Johnny T have only been mentioned in that one article as far as I know and not mentioned in all other media about this case. Its the specificity of his description of them that leads me to believe they did happen.

If I remember correctly Maureen's phone pinged from the area of fire island some days/weeks after she went missing and this is a very interesting aspect of this case, but to my knowledge no calls were made.

Its been my opinion that he would not have dumped all the bodies at one time for a number of reasons. As far as keeping the bodies for "a period of time" I don't think it would be for more than a day or two for obvious reasons.

Yes indeed, I remember hearing of her phone pinging from the area of Fire Island sometime after her disappearance.. That's very interesting yep.

But I'd have to look into where I heard it but I've heard somewhere that when the calls to Amanda were being traced and as everybody knows were traced to very crowded areas like Times Square etc. but one of the calls was traced to LI right? Does anybody know any more specifics of that? As to 'where'?

To my knowledge, yes, Maureen's voicemail was attempted to be accessed from fire island and whoever tried was unable to crack the voicemail code to listen to them so no calls to her family were made.

I also believe johnny terry was contacted. The way he was taunted and the descriptions of his personal tattoos freaked him out. This always helped back up my theory that the LISK stalked his victims for some time before the kills. I'm pretty sure Melissa's sister visited her very recently to her disappearance and it always stuck out to me that the killer described her look. Amanda is biracial and he commented on that in one of the calls.

He could also have learned this from pictures that might have been on Melissa's phone right? I think that if JTerry's tattoos were described it might also have been on pictures on her phone.

I think i meant this: "Investigators also discovered that a call made to Barthelemy's voicemail the day she vanished came from Massapequa, a Long Island town about 20 miles from where her body was later discovered."

But Im confused now a bit because I thought I heard somewhere that a call made from him was traced to LI someplace. I'd have to look into it, does anybody else recall this from anywhere? I think Dormer might have mentioned it in the interviews or something.

I think its possible he could have known their descriptions by pictures but playing devils advocate here wasn't it 2009 when melissa went missing? Most of these girls use cheap burner phones themselves without great camera phones and our phones today and cameras have advanced so much since then. I just wonder the quality of the pictures and in that case he'd have to ask melissa to identify the pictures in her phone and she would have had to tell the truth. He specifically said to amanda "is this Melissa's little sister"...he knew the relationship

He said a lot more than just describe Johnny Terry's tattoos. He said something along the lines of "you like to play rough you like to beat melissa up don't you"...and that was true. Johnny Terry as her pimp did put Melissa in the hospital before her disappearance by getting physical with her. The killer knew this...how? Was it by stalking?

DS said Amber was being stalked in the A&E documentary. He said she had a weird client that would say he could see her through the window. It freaked them both out.

I think its possible he could have known their descriptions by pictures but playing devils advocate here wasn't it 2009 when melissa went missing? Most of these girls use cheap burner phones themselves without great camera phones and our phones today and cameras have advanced so much since then. I just wonder the quality of the pictures and in that case he'd have to ask melissa to identify the pictures in her phone and she would have had to tell the truth.

He said a lot more than just describe Johnny Terry's tattoos. He said something along the lines of "you like to play rough you like to beat melissa up don't you"...and that was true. Johnny Terry as her pimp did put Melissa in the hospital before her disappearance by getting physical with her. The killer knew this...how? Was it by stalking?

DS said Amber was being stalked in the A&E documentary. He said she had a weird client that would say he could see her through the window. It freaked them both out.

I don't know what phone she used, I don't think she used a burner phone but I only base this on the fact that when Amanda got called it said that it was Melissa, I don't think Melissa would put her sisters number in and give her the number of her burner phone that she only uses for her job to her sister and her mom, altho I'm unsure whether Lynn got called on her own phone. That makes me think it might have been from personal stuff from her own phone. I know for a fact these girls use multiple phones, and the phone they use for the job might indeed be a simple burner phone but it just strikes me that Amanda got called and saw Melissa's name which makes me think it came from her own personal phone and not a phone she used for her job.

The Barthelemy families attorney said that he described "acts more of violence than of sex" to Amanda when he spoke of the things he had done to her. I kinda have the idea this guy both psychologically/physically tortures his victims so he might very well get personal things out of them, again this is just speculation from my end based on little facts that are out there.

DS indeed mentioned weird clients, also the one peeking through the windows. I also find it interesting that in Lost Girls Kim brings up a client who grabbed her by the throat and all that but who paid a lot of money and Kim gave AMBER his number and she wondered whether Amber might have contacted this person and whether this person might have something to do with it.

There's many interesting loose leads like that. This guy mentioned in Dark Minds, the older gent Melissa was 'close' to who lived on LI that JTerry spoke about, this guy Kim mentioned.

I think any talk about the phone calls should be moved into the girls individual threads or if there is one about the phones, into there. Just to keep everything organized. I agree the calls are very important and I don't want details to get lost or buried in run on off topic threads.

I don't recall Dark Minds discussing the older guy Melissa was close to. I know I heard about that elsewhere though. I'll have to go back and re-watch to see if I can spot that. Because I always thought that was a very interesting piece to Melissa's disappearance.

I think any talk about the phone calls should be moved into the girls individual threads or if there is one about the phones, into there. Just to keep everything organized. I agree the calls are very important and I don't want details to get lost or buried in run on off topic threads.

I don't recall Dark Minds discussing the older guy Melissa was close to. I know I heard about that elsewhere though. I'll have to go back and re-watch to see if I can spot that. Because I always thought that was a very interesting piece to Melissa's disappearance.

We are just rehashing information that is already in the girl's threads on in threads already organized. To add this rehashing to these old threads would IMO just clutter and confuse. I do feel sorry for anyone trying to catch up on this case. It is very complicated and there is so much information to process. Sorry.

Okay so there is MUCH more about this guy besides the dolls and all that is said in Dark Minds about this guy that makes him a POI. But if people were able to see those dolls in/around his place and he has a family wouldn't this have been a very stupid or rookie move since certain people have seen these dolls at his house and his family might even recognize them? I know that a killer came come off as more intelligent than he actually is but would he really make a slip like this?

And about Megan; In two shows atleast has her mom mentioned that Megan was afraid of the dark, her mom who just commented here(?).
You think Megan definitely took her phone with her then? Shows have mentioned that Megan was SEEN leaving the hotel by herself, camera footage right? Sorry for again rehashing but.. I know it's not known whether she walked towards someone but what do you think? I've been wondering whether she walked towards a PERSON with the plan to immediately after go back to the hotel with said PERSON?

I have always wondered how much Akeem Cruz knows and whether he had her phone. I have thought it is really evil of him to not be cooperating with LE to find the killer, if that is the case as I have read.

Ok so here is what happened on that dreadful night on june 6th 2010.

Megan was seen on camera leaving the hotel with Akeem cruz her boyfriend/PIMP
At 830pm Megan is seen coming back by herself
At 115 megan got a call from Akeem
At 130am Megan is seen walking out of her room and out the front door by herself.
Who ever Meg met must have met this person a few times because she would not go out there by herself.
The cameras on the building outside are dummys they are fake.
Did meg leave her phone behind NO WAY IN HELL.
I do not know what was left in the room as scpd will not tell me nothing.

2 weeks before megan went missing Amber had turned down a jon from the same hotel as megan was at so yes amber was at that hotel also.

I have always wondered how much Akeem Cruz knows and whether he had her phone. I have thought it is really evil of him to not be cooperating with LE to find the killer, if that is the case as I have read.

I agree. And, didn't Akeem have family/friends living nearby? Where was he while she was in the hotel alone?

I know it took LE some crazy number of years to catch Gary Ridgeway the green river killer...and that's with a very dedicated task force and lead detective in Dave Reichert. Detective Reichert said he had suspicions about Ridgeway since the beginning but had trouble proving it with solid evidence until the end. It's very hard to build a solid case and win a conviction on circumstantial suspicions. Reichert said when the forensics finally came in to connect Ridgeway through DNA he didn't even need to open the envelope he knew it was Ridgeway.

I think the most frustrating part of what's happening with this case right now is the potential suspect mainegirl may be talking about could be smart enough (or just luck, who knows) to not have left any solid forensic evidence behind. The taunting of the dolls is particularly ballsy of him because it's almost like saying, hey I know you will recognize these, but can't do anything about it. It's very unfortunate and wrong that the families have to be taunted like this from a sick killer.

I would be curious to know Reichert's thoughts on the LISK being there's so many similarities to a case that he spent his career hunting the killer to. He got his first green river body in his 30's and couldn't prove the suspect he knew for damn sure did it until he was near retirement. I hope LE working on this case takes all tips and suspicions seriously from those mainegirl is talking about. Nobody deserves for justice to wait this long for the victims.

I know it took LE some crazy number of years to catch Gary Ridgeway the green river killer...and that's with a very dedicated task force and lead detective in Dave Reichert. Detective Reichert said he had suspicions about Ridgeway since the beginning but had trouble proving it with solid evidence until the end. It's very hard to build a solid case and win a conviction on circumstantial suspicions. Reichert said when the forensics finally came in to connect Ridgeway through DNA he didn't even need to open the envelope he knew it was Ridgeway.

I think the most frustrating part of what's happening with this case right now is the potential suspect mainegirl may be talking about could be smart enough (or just luck, who knows) to not have left any solid forensic evidence behind. The taunting of the dolls is particularly ballsy of him because it's almost like saying, hey I know you will recognize these, but can't do anything about it. It's very unfortunate and wrong that the families have to be taunted like this from a sick killer.

I would be curious to know reicherts thoughs on The LISK being there's so many similarities to a case that he spent his career hunting the killer to. He got his first green river body I'm his 30's and couldn't prove the suspect he knew for damn sure did it until he was near retirement. I hope LE working on this case takes all tips and suspicions seriously from those mainegirl is talking about. Nobody deserves for justice to wait this long for the victims.

What you say makes a lot of sense but what pops into my mind is that if they actually have recordings of the calls he made to Amanda ( I'm unsure whether they have but I think it was implied somewhere ) they could easily compare it to this guys voice, technology these days can compare voices to the level of determining if it's from the same person.

I'd also wonder since they spoke about camera footage and it being impossible to indentify the caller when he was calling from Times Square and all thosse crazy crowded locations. Would they in such situation SAVE and STORE the footage? They said at some occassions they pinpointed his location. When being tipped about this guy they could also try and identify the POI on the actual footage of all those people calling. Maybe technology would be able to make him recognized in that entire crowd when knowing what he looks like now or then. Right?

Yes Akeem is from Brooklyn so is his family.
Where was he the night megan went missing.
When he called my mom and me at 6am he said that megan was missing we were like what do you mean megan is missing. He then says that he was out with his boys drinking and that megan called him at 115 am and told her she was going out to get something to eat. WHICH IS A LIE. He said that Megan said she would call him when she got back when she didnt call he went back to the hotel and said he forgot his key to the room the front desk would not give him a key and he then asked them to let him in they said I cant th room is in megans name not yours. So Akeem said that megan was suppose to call him when she got back and she didnt he then said she must have falling alseep so they opened the door so he could look in and see Meg was not there he wanted to clean out the room but they would not let him touch her things. He told us he would call the police and put out a missing person report. 2 days later I had called ny and asked if one was made they said no would you like to make one well what do you think I said yes my daughter is missing. Because megan lived in MAINE I had to file here the next day the detective us on the from with scpd they went to the hotel watched the video and got all Megans things

Out with his friends fred.

Yes, LE was alerted. but how many tips did they say they got ?
Thousands...

Of course, we can surmise many would be shot down immediately. But they're not in the business of calling people back and saying what they have found out. Whether it be something they think makes them a good suspect, or something that eliminates them as a suspect.

SCPD is very secretive about their investigation. As they should be

I would think LE might move suspects suggested by victims' family/friends to the upper portion of the tip pile... if not for anything else but to rule them out.

Would be interesting to know if this suspect was known to the victims.

What you say makes a lot of sense but what pops into my mind is that if they actually have recordings of the calls he made to Amanda ( I'm unsure whether they have but I think it was implied somewhere ) they could easily compare it to this guys voice, technology these days can compare voices to the level of determining if it's from the same person.

I'd also wonder since they spoke about camera footage and it being impossible to indentify the caller when he was calling from Times Square and all thosse crazy crowded locations. Would they in such situation SAVE and STORE the footage? They said at some occassions they pinpointed his location. When being tipped about this guy they could also try and identify the POI on the actual footage of all those people calling. Maybe technology would be able to make him recognized in that entire crowd when knowing what he looks like now or then. Right?

It hasn't been confirmed if there is a recording of the calls. LE refuses to confirm or deny that. Very little is confirmed about those phone calls. I would like to hope that they did record them...but unfortunately hearing from Megan's mom how scpd doesn't answer families questions, that info can't be confirmed for voice recognition.

And it has been confirmed that the footage is too crowded to be used. Too any people all with cellphones to their ears or looking down. And the killer easily could be sitting hidden in a car making the call. He's bold but I don't think bold enough to be standing on a street.

To those who loved Megan... I am so very sorry for your loss.

Thank you for being here and answering questions.

Thanks for all of the new info mainegirl and Megan's mom. I know it must be incredibly difficult to go over these things but it is much appreciated. I think all of us here want to help anyway we can by trying to piece together as much new info from the case as we can to help it be solved.

Thank you so much for sharing. It is an honor to have you with us.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back