Darlie Routier on Death Row

Mama-cita said:
Actually there was this movie with Tom (Turkey-Baste my girlfriend) Cruise called Minority Report, and they would take the prisoners and cryogenically or otherwise suspend their being, locked in individual pods, listening to this horrible organ music all day and night. I think THAT is what they should do to them. Then no more poor corrections officers have to be subject to that terrible job! Court TV just had a thing on COs in Pelican Bay, man what a dangerous job! God bless them. They put their lives and their families lives at risk every day...
And not a day goes by that some a$$hole doesn't throw urine or feces at them. Is it any wonder why they get mean after a while? Who wouldn't? I worked on a special project for the warden of our maximum security prison years ago and I tell you it opens your eyes. It is amazing the things they will do to the guards and just as amazing the things some of the really dumb guards and psych staff will do with the inmates. I guess if all that urine and feces doesn't make you mean, it makes your horny for the jerks. O, gawd, I am grossing myself out again.

cami said:
they were firmer than mine! How jealous was I?
:doh: hahahahahahahahahha! Are you trying to kill me? I just choked on that one!

Jeana (DP) said:
TMI, TMI, TMI!!!!!! :D :D :D :D I wonder how the SOB was received in hell. :eek: :eek: That dude was PURE EVIL.
Now that is the truth!!! You can crave that in stone right now!!

Goody said:
O, come on, Bees. What else you got to do but post? Cut the girl some slack.
See? I can Spy the troublemakers!
7_2_126.gif

Goody said:
The guy was disgusting. Beyond disgusting. His prison sex life was even worse. His attitude about his victims was totally in the toilet. If anyone deserved to be annilated, it was him. Just remembering what I saw of it years ago is enough to still make my skin crawl.

He was wasn't he Goody. I couldn't get over that big pile of Cocaine they were sniffing in that video and their are supposed to be in prison being punished! I almost vomited when he said "just wasn't their night" I'm glad he died, divine karma.

cami said:
they were firmer than mine! How jealous was I?
I have one on you! His were bigger than mine!

beesy said:
I have one on you! His were bigger than mine!
Excuse me while I go barf!! :sick: You guys are bringing him back in full living color. Enough already!!!!

SadieMae said:
Since I don't know how to snippet... I just wrote my responses in red.:confused:

I find her letter ridiculous! What was she expecting, Club Med? When I finished reading her sob story all I could think of to say to her was...SHUT UP BEEOTCH! jmo
For her it's needs to be more like "Club Dead".

Poor girl :rolleyes: , anyone planning to send her saltines and cheddar to go with her "whine"?

Goody said:
Excuse me while I go barf!! :sick: You guys are bringing him back in full living color. Enough already!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaha are you having a sense of humour failure today?

cami said:
aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaha are you having a sense of humour failure today?
Admittedly, I am usually out there on the edge with it, but this guy elicts no chuckles whatsoever, not even in the bizarre or outrageous.

I am a tad confused...........

Habeas corpus writs may be filed in both state and federal courts, and they may be heard by the trial court, the Court of Criminal Appeals, a federal district court, the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals (New Orleans), and the U.S. Supreme Court. The habeas corpus stage may take many years, or it may go very quickly.

Does that mean that you file appeals for Habeus Corpus in state and federal at the same time so now that you have two appeals going. Does the Court of Criminal Appeals(1), Federal district Court(2), the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals(3) and the US Supreme Court(4).

So do you then file 4 appeals at different courts and levels of government hoping that one of them may agree with the application. Or can a person only file one appeal at each level.

Cost to keep a death row inmate per day: $73.00

Cost for appeals: $Millions

Cost of a bullet to end it all quickly: PRICELESS!:innocent:

ElleaBoo said:
Cost to keep a death row inmate per day: $73.00

Cost for appeals: $Millions

Cost of a bullet to end it all quickly: PRICELESS!:innocent:
Elleaboo- there are alot of cases that this fits--imo--- this one in particular--ita

CyberLaw said:
I am a tad confused...........

Habeas corpus writs may be filed in both state and federal courts, and they may be heard by the trial court, the Court of Criminal Appeals, a federal district court, the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals (New Orleans), and the U.S. Supreme Court. The habeas corpus stage may take many years, or it may go very quickly.

Does that mean that you file appeals for Habeus Corpus in state and federal at the same time so now that you have two appeals going. Does the Court of Criminal Appeals(1), Federal district Court(2), the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals(3) and the US Supreme Court(4).

So do you then file 4 appeals at different courts and levels of government hoping that one of them may agree with the application. Or can a person only file one appeal at each level.
Good questions, CL. The way I understand it Darlie has finished her state level appeals. The only thing she has left in the state courts is the request to retest certain items. That seems to be dragging, and she could miss her deadline on it to appeal to federal courts if they don't start pushing it thru soon.

The Habeas Corpus appeal on the level has been ruled on. She has one year from the date of that opinion (which I think was last summer) to file it in federal CCA.

DP or one of our paralegals, attys will have to give any more detail than this or correct me if I got any of it wrong.

Question: I know Darlie was convicted in 1997 so she's been on DR almost 9 years now but I don't know about the appeals process, etc. and I'm wondering where she's at as far as that goes now. If she loses, how much time would she have remaining before the execution is carried out?

Thanks in advance for your answers and for alleviating the confusion of a fellow WSer! :blowkiss:

Mine will be a very general answer, but I would say she has 2-3 years left. Here in Texas, it goes very quickly. 10-12 years seems about the norm. And she's almost at 9.

Although Darlie gained herself a couple of extra years with the whole court reporter/transcript drama so she might have a little bit more up her sleeves.

I don't know how much time she may have left. I think her sentence was justified, but I'm going to be doing any cartwheels when they execute her. Her only living son will mourn her. Her family will mourn her. They're innocent in all of this too. No winners here.

Jeana (DP) said:
I don't know how much time she may have left. I think her sentence was justified, but I'm going to be doing any cartwheels when they execute her. Her only living son will mourn her. Her family will mourn her. They're innocent in all of this too. No winners here.
You left out the not I think. Maybe some pent-up feelings there? :D

Jeana (DP) said:
Yes. I feel so sorry for Drake.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase