Darlie's injuries

Hi Neesaki

What do you mean by fake? Not sure I understand?

I have read that fake bruises can be created with dyes. Not saying I think it's probable in this case, just throwing it out there as a possibility.

Hi Neesaki

What do you mean by fake? Not sure I understand?

I have read that fake bruises can be created with inks and dyes. Not saying I think it's probable in this case, just throwing it out there as a possibility.

They just always looked like the result of Warfarin injections to me.Given to anyone who is bedridden for any amount of time,to prevent DVT.I am sure this must have been discussed before though.My arm was like that twice.Once with Warfarin and the second time when I fractured my humerus.Darlie had no broken bones though,so I just feel the former was the case.

They just always looked like the result of Warfarin injections to me.Given to anyone who is bedridden for any amount of time,to prevent DVT.I am sure this must have been discussed before though.My arm was like that twice.Once with Warfarin and the second time when I fractured my humerus.Darlie had no broken bones though,so I just feel the former was the case.

I didn't think she was in bed that long. In my experience, Warfarin is given in cases where the patient is bed bound for extended periods or has a history of blood clots, and after some types of surgeries, especially if the pt. is elderly. I don't know that Darlie would have been a candidate for Warfarin therapy.

Maybe if she had a Heparin lock for other medications, this may cause a little more bruising around the IV site. And if they had to reinsert the IV needle multiple times that may explain some of it as well. I still think it's more likely she self-inflicted some of the bruises after her hospital release. jmo

I didn't think she was in bed that long. In my experience, Warfarin is given in cases where the patient is bed bound for extended periods or has a history of blood clots, and after some types of surgeries, especially if the pt. is elderly. I don't know that Darlie would have been a candidate for Warfarin therapy.

Maybe if she had a Heparin lock for other medications, this may cause a little more bruising around the IV site. And if they had to reinsert the IV needle multiple times that may explain some of it as well. I still think it's more likely she self-inflicted some of the bruises after her hospital release. jmo

Actually in the hospital where I used to work,Heparin injections were given to most people ,which does cause bruising.
I agree that it looks self inflicted though,

i have a few questions as i am just starting to read up on this case. first, if darlie was laying on the couch was her left side facing out or her right side? also, was the laceration on her neck cut from left to right or right to left? the reason i ask is because the bruise was in/on her armpit or underarm area. and if a perpetrator was hovering over her, could he have put his left knee into her armpit to de-mobilize her arm, while stabilizing himself with his right foot on the floor. theoretically, this person could have sat down on darlie's stomach, limiting their choice of target spots. but, for that to work, he'd almost have to have lacerated her throat from right to left. otherwise he'd have probably cut himself on the leg. has this theory already been hashed out?

Why then can't she remember any of those details if it did happen? Surely she'd remember some guy laying on her. Why can't she remember this guy's face? IMO, Darlie never went to bed that night anyway.

Sorry if I am bringing up an old topic that has been discussed extensively, but bruising is something that bothers me in this case and I think I have finally come to a conclusion that she must have self inflicted them after hospital release when she (probably) realized her wounds didn't look serious enough, I think Neesaki is right on that.

The reason I believe in this is because the info I read on this highly useful site (I haven't read all the transcripts myself, but they are quoted here) http://darlieroutierfactandfiction.com/In_Her_Own_Words.html that doctor testified that bruises look 24-48 hours old, but they didn't appear while Darlie was in hospital for almost 3 days. To me it says that she didn't get those bruises on the night of murders, but after coming home from hospital.

Of course, Darin could have done that theoretically, but I don't believe in that. I can't imagine him beating up his "prettiest wife in neighbourhood" thinking she's responsible for murders, and later showing up on every TV show to claim how innocent she is.

I think Darlie did this herself. How crazy that is.

I am sure this has been discussed, but I am wondering. Was there dna testing to show that the boys were actually Darin's? Thanks.

i have a few questions as i am just starting to read up on this case. first, if darlie was laying on the couch was her left side facing out or her right side? also, was the laceration on her neck cut from left to right or right to left?

I've seen a documentary that says the cut on her neck was made with a left hand and went right to left, as if a left handed person did it. However it's easy to use your non-dominant hand if you were cutting there. Try it (without the knife obviously), the action is easy to do.

I'm still suspicious of Darin. I think he had more to do with it than we'll ever know, and while he is out of jail and has access to Drake then Darlie will never rat on him.

I'm still suspicious of Darin. I think he had more to do with it than we'll ever know, and while he is out of jail and has access to Drake then Darlie will never rat on him.

If Darlie truly believed Drake had something to fear from Darin, then the best way to keep her son safe would be to put her husband in prison. Whats going to happen after Darlie has been put to death? Darin will still have access.

Drake was asleep with Darin, when the murders happened. If Darlie believed Darin had something to do with the murders, wouldn't she have expressed some concern for Drake on the 911 call?

Sarilda is Drake's legal guardian, not Darin.

I believe Drake has leukemia :(. If Darlie loved him, she would have said anything, done anything that had the remotest chance that she could get out of prison and spend time caring for her sole surviving son.

I dunno, something about Darin just sets alarm bells ringing with me. Call it women's intuition or something. There's something about Darin that makes me go "hmmm?"

I believe Drake has leukemia :(. If Darlie loved him, she would have said anything, done anything that had the remotest chance that she could get out of prison and spend time caring for her sole surviving son.

That's what she's been doing. Telling people she didn't kill her children. I'm sure she hopes eventually the truth comes out so she can be with Drake.

Other people who saw Darlie in the hospital say they saw bruising beginning to form. I'm not relying on just Mama Darlie, Darin or the nurses . It does take days sometimes for deep bruising to appear. Since the stab wound to the arm went pretty deep and into bone that kind of injury does take days to appear as the body moves the blood from the wound to the surface to promote healing. Regardless of when they appeared the initial injuries were sustained that night. I don't see Darlie needing to further injure herself. Also when could she have done it as family and friends surrounded her and she had very little if any time alone. Since everyone around her was also fearful the sounds she would have had to have made when bruising herself would have aroused the attention of whom ever was with her. You can't hit your arm hard enough to do that and do it soundlessly. The wounds on her fingers are testified to as being defense wounds. I don't think she found it necessary to further her injuries. If you look closely you can actually see some of the bruising starting to appear on her body in that shot of her lying in hospital bed. IMO all her injuries where sustained the night of the murders. The bruising appeared as it normally would.

I wonder if the bruising could have happened because she slipped in blood and caught herself with her arm?

I whacked my arm the other day but accident. The next two days there was nothing to be seen at all. On the third day a painful black coloured bruise came out on my arm. It made me think about Darlie's bruising. It shows that bruises don't just come out immediately. I think Darin may have been responsible for bruising her to help convince people of the intruder theory.

Over time I had also thought that maybe Darlie gave herself all of the bruises when she realized that she couldn't actually kill herself....meaning she just chickened out. I could almost see her taking her arms and beating them against the counter or a chair or bar stool. I could just imagine her thinking to herself that she better make it look like she was attacked.

I whacked my arm the other day but accident. The next two days there was nothing to be seen at all. On the third day a painful black coloured bruise came out on my arm. It made me think about Darlie's bruising. It shows that bruises don't just come out immediately. I think Darin may have been responsible for bruising her to help convince people of the intruder theory.

I think that is especially true of a deep bruise. It takes time for the blood to seep through the tissues and then for the tissues to start turning colors. My mother stepped in a mole tunnel two weeks ago and badly sprained her ankle and fractured her leg. She still has horrible looking bruises.

I saw this on Unsolved Mysteries last week. I don't know enough to have an opinion, but this thread got me thinking. Is it odd she has no finger marks on her arms, just long solid bruises? I'm trying to imagine how this attack was happening.

If she could kill her children, she sure could smash her arms against something to get those bruises to support her lies. And perhaps she's a person who bruises quite easily even from relatively small traumas. So no need for broken bones to get pretty horrible bruises.

I think she got those bruises from Darin as part of the staging.

The bruises were from being attacked. Pass them off as self inflicted, Darin helped, Devon kicked her, etc... The bruises appear to be, and most likely are, defensive wounds from an attack.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmholden913
Back