Darlie's injuries

I'm well aware Baylor didn't do a full rape exam. Typically suspected rape victims were sent to Parkland. But there is this...

Hmmm... Samples were taken? Samples were sent? Sounds like some type of evidence was collected. Mind explaining to me where exactly those samples got to? What did they sent to the lab? Pictures of Darlie's vagina?

It says right there in Dr.Miller's notes which samples were sent.

Cultures obtained including wet smear (for gonorrhoea and chlamydia). Will also order HIV (and a couple of other tests for Hep-B and something else that I couldn't decipher).

Presumably Darlie did not have any VDs, and so no follow-up was needed.

Here's a picture of the knives...

What is wrong with it? Look hard. There are eight visible knives all with an evidence sticker applied to them. Seven are dusted. One is not (the murder weapon). Linch was the one who did supposedly did all the dusting and marked all the knives with evidence stickers. Seven of them appear to be dusted and then the sticker was applied later. The eighth (murder weapon) is undusted but the sticker is already applied.

What exactly was his method? Did he decide to only dust the other seven first and then sticker all eight knives before he decided to dust the murder weapon? Did he then decide, for whatever reason, to deviate from his standard practice and put an evidence sticker on the murder weapon prior to dusting it? Or is more probable and logical that Linch tagged the evidence the way it came to him?

No matter how you view it, that picture makes no sense... Unless that is how Linch received the knives... Already dusted at the scene as he said.

I'm sorry but I'm just not seeing this pic as you are.

Is it not possible the murder weapon was dusted for prints and then the dust was wiped off as they tested it for other things? They swabbed it for blood, I'm sure they looked at it under a microscope for fibers, they probably performed other tests on it too.

It looks to me like there is SOME fingerprint dust on it, just not as much as is on the other knives.

I'm just not seeing how this is a conspiracy or evidence of misconduct.

Wait I thought the argument being made was about the knife with the screen fibers found (#4). Now the murder knife is being talked about as the problem?

I do not see what the issue is nor do I see what conspiracy is being suggested.

So here's the thing...I've been reading about this case for years and like some others there are times when I am convinced she is guilty and times when I believe she is innocent. I don't think we'll ever know for sure. I read avidly about true crime, watch ID, 20/20 etc constantly and if I've learned anything it's that there are NO rules to crime! There ARE cases of people who randomly break into one's home for no reason other than to kill. I believe it ended up being Tommy Lynn Sells that killed the little boy whose mother was also convicted. People are crazy folks. There isn't always a rhyme or reason, there are killers who have left crazy bloody scenes and never been caught. They don't have to track blood all over the place, they don't have to leave evidence. There are children stolen from inside their homes and innocent people convicted over and over. We don't want to believe that parents kill their own kids but we want to believe less that someone just might come into our homes and do the same. Truth is that this case gets me because most mothers who kill their kids do admit to it. They are a mess. I know there are exceptions such as Diane Downs but most of them admit it. If she had died from her injury we would have used the same evidence to convict Darin. There are equally as many fathers that kill their wives and children. Point is, we can bat the "evidence" around for 50 years and we'll never really know what happened that night. So very sad!

=sandybeach1267;10123156]. Point is, we can bat the "evidence" around for 50 years and we'll never really know what happened that night. So very sad

I wonder how many people who defend Darlie have actually read the books, and the transcripts versus how many just "can't believe a mother would do something so horrible to her children".

I personally have no doubt at all that Darlie brutally killed her innocent babies. None whatsoever. Not because of the silly string, not because of her very strange demeanor on the 911 call, although that call is very telling. It is the totality of the evidence, along with basic common sense that tells me there was not intruder.

Darlie did it.

I wonder how many people who defend Darlie have actually read the books, and the transcripts versus how many just "can't believe a mother would do something so horrible to her children".

I personally have no doubt at all that Darlie brutally killed her innocent babies. None whatsoever. Not because of the silly string, not because of her very strange demeanor on the 911 call, although that call is very telling. It is the totality of the evidence, along with basic common sense that tells me there was not intruder.

Darlie did it.

I have read two books, transcripts, etc. I do believe mothers can kill their children. I have no doubt she is innocent.

Did this "intruder" ever kill any other children in the area in, say, the next 5 to 10 years or so? No one ever produced a viable tip in the case that actually pointed to anyone.

- This "intruder" apparently never said a word to anyone that indicated an involvement in something big (and killing 2 little kids is big) or if he did, no one was interested in claiming a reward.
- This "intruder" is able to levitate and not leave any sign of himself including footprints, fingerprints, hairs, fibers, DNA.
- This "intruder" for some reason felt the need to put a sock either over his hand or over the knife, which implies the "intruder" was not wearing gloves.
- This "intruder," described as 6' or so is able to climb through a sliced screen without touching any part of the screen, and to the point where he is able to keep dust on a window sill undisturbed.
- This "intruder" can apparently fly over a closed and hard to budge fence gate, which he did upon leaving.
- This "intruder" is able to get past motion detector lights without tripping them.
- This "intruder" is unable or unwilling to use his own weapon.
- This "intruder" hates little kids to the point where he must kill them (first).
- This "intruder" isn't interested in easy-to-take valuables like jewelry, money, purse, no, the "intruder" is more interested in taking a sock with him.
- This "intruder" was kind enough to leave behind the murder weapon at the scene AND the bread knife used to cut the window screen.
- This "intruder" is careful in leaving the scene of his murder so that nothing but a wine glass broke -- a glass that was securely anchored in a wine tree.
- This "intruder" was especially considerate to make sure the glass broke on top of Darlie's bloody footprints so that her feet would not get cut.
- This "intruder" was thoughtful to not disturb a pile of papers and files right next to the head of his adult female victim.
- This "intruder" is very nimble, as he was able to navigate easily around a big glass coffee table and other end tables without making any noise, in order to slash at and not kill an adult.
- This "intruder" was nice enough to leave the one adult in the room alive, to the point where the adult could follow him out past the kitchen and into the utility room.

Did this "intruder" ever kill any other children in the area in, say, the next 5 to 10 years or so? No one ever produced a viable tip in the case that actually pointed to anyone.

- This "intruder" apparently never said a word to anyone that indicated an involvement in something big (and killing 2 little kids is big) or if he did, no one was interested in claiming a reward.
- This "intruder" is able to levitate and not leave any sign of himself including footprints, fingerprints, hairs, fibers, DNA.
- This "intruder" for some reason felt the need to put a sock either over his hand or over the knife, which implies the "intruder" was not wearing gloves.
- This "intruder," described as 6' or so is able to climb through a sliced screen without touching any part of the screen, and to the point where he is able to keep dust on a window sill undisturbed.
- This "intruder" can apparently fly over a closed and hard to budge fence gate, which he did upon leaving.
- This "intruder" is able to get past motion detector lights without tripping them.
- This "intruder" hates little kids to the point where he must kill them (first).
- This "intruder" isn't interested in easy-to-take valuables like jewelry, money, purse, no, the "intruder" is more interested in taking a sock with him.
- This "intruder" was kind enough to leave behind the murder weapon at the scene AND the bread knife used to cut the window screen.
- This "intruder" is careful in leaving the scene of his murder so that nothing but a wine glass broke -- a glass that was securely anchored in a wine tree.
- This "intruder" was especially considerate to make sure the glass broke on top of Darlie's bloody footprints so that her feet would not get cut.
- This "intruder" was thoughtful to not disturb a pile of papers and files right next to the head of his adult female victim.
- This "intruder" is very nimble, as he was able to navigate easily around a big glass coffee table and other end tables without making any noise, in order to slash at and not kill an adult.
- This "intruder" was nice enough to leave the one adult in the room alive, to the point where the adult could follow him out past the kitchen and into the utility room.

There are a lot of misconceptions in your post Madeline. As with those promoting Darlie to be innocent, it's better to stick to the facts of the matter.

]Did this "intruder" ever kill any other children in the area in, say, the next 5 to 10 years or so? No one ever produced a viable tip in the case that actually pointed to anyone.[/B]

There are plenty of cold cases out there where someone killed one person and got away with it. So really, This is not proof that it was not an intruder. Just that it was not a serial killer.

This isn't a cold case. There was no proof of an intruder, and without that proof then Darlie isn't ever getting out of prison.

This isn't a cold case. There was no proof of an intruder, and without that proof then Darlie isn't ever getting out of prison.

That is your opinion..
I don't know what it is frankly. I think there are many things that point to it not being her that have to be explored.

Some days I think she is guilty but those bruises bother me a lot. I once held down my son while he kicked me while he was getting stitches. He was a big boy.. And yet, I had nothing like that. Those look like more than a beating from a child.

Some days I am convinced she did it and others I am not. But I have questions. Big ones. I am concerned about that video being played in court and prejudicing the jury.

That is your opinion..
I don't know what it is frankly. I think there are many things that point to it not being her that have to be explored.

Some days I think she is guilty but those bruises bother me a lot. I once held down my son while he kicked me while he was getting stitches. He was a big boy.. And yet, I had nothing like that. Those look like more than a beating from a child.

Some days I am convinced she did it and others I am not. But I have questions. Big ones. I am concerned about that video being played in court and prejudicing the jury.

The bruises look severe to me and I have a hard time believing that Darlie slept through a beating that would cause them. But that's her story. I think that the a more believable cause for the bruises is that they were self inflicted.

The bruises look severe to me and I have a hard time believing that Darlie slept through a beating that would cause them. But that's her story. I think that the a more believable cause for the bruises is that they were self inflicted.

Or she passed out during the beating. I know... Simply unheard of. How dare she pass out. And what nerve she has forgetting all about it. Dumb twit.

I just have to wonder why she would say that if it were not true?? Was she tested for drugs and alcohol??? It kind of makes no sense if you are trying to make a defense.
This case baffles me. I don't see how anyone could sleep through that kind of beating unless they were knocked out and then how would you know what happened to you?? GAH.

So now it's that Darlie probably passed out? Hmmm.....after many supporters have been screaming about her being rendered unconscious for years now.....I suppose that theory has run its course and now on to another.

So now it's that Darlie probably passed out? Hmmm.....after many supporters have been screaming about her being rendered unconscious for years now.....I suppose that theory has run its course and now on to another.

What do you think "rendered unconscious" means?

I don't recall any evidence that supports that Darlie was "passed out" or was rendered unconscious from an assault. I do remember that her defense called a witness who claimed it was possible that she may have suffered from "traumatic amnesia".

The problem I have with that is Darlie only had amnesia about things that would harm her defense. She remembered other details that helped her. I'm not buying a "passed out" defense or the "traumatic amnesia" defense.

MOO.

Why would he beat her on only one arm though? and how did he miss her face or head? That's what I think about...even if he did do something to her after she was released. Maybe she was going to do herself in with some pills and he slammed her arm down trying to get them out of her hands. Who knows? all we can is speculate.

Or MAYBE, he commented that she needed MORE bruises to support her theory, which she complied with...

ETA. I still think there was reasonable doubt in this case.

I have two theories:

1. A child kicking, punching and fighting for it's life could easily have made those bruises. I think she may have gotten them while trying to hold the boys down while she killed them. One of the boys may also have been beating on her while trying to help his brother.

2. My second theory is that she had a fight with Darrin that night and he pummeled her. The fight with Darrin could have been what pushed her over the edge into doing something to the boys which I think she had been fantasizing about for awhile.

In addition to any primary bruising, it would have been added to by the procedures she underwent in the hospital. She is fair skinned and could be a person who bruises easily like me. I'm still bruised - about the size of a silver dollar - from a blood draw I had a week ago.
Respectfully. I think if this was the case, the bruises would have started to show very rapidly during her hospital stay. :waitasec:

I don't recall any evidence that supports that Darlie was "passed out" or was rendered unconscious from an assault. I do remember that her defense called a witness who claimed it was possible that she may have suffered from "traumatic amnesia".

The problem I have with that is Darlie only had amnesia about things that would harm her defense. She remembered other details that helped her. I'm not buying a "passed out" defense or the "traumatic amnesia" defense.

MOO.

Not buying that either. After looking up fainting/passing out: the medical term for fainting or passing out, is precisely defined as a transient loss of consciousness and postural tone, characterized by rapid onset, short duration, and spontaneous recovery, [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fainting"]Syncope (medicine) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

(Those three characterizations fit better with Darlie's story, esp. that spontaneous recovery.)

Unconsciousness: Loss of consciousness may occur as the result of traumatic brain injury, brain hypoxia (e.g., due to a brain infarction or cardiac arrest), severe poisoning with drugs that depress the activity of the central nervous system (e.g., alcohol and other hypnotic or sedative drugs), severe fatigue, and other causes.
There is a theory that unconsciousness occurs when different regions of the brain inhibit one another.[1] [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconsciousness"]Unconsciousness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back