Darlie's Looks and Depression

I think that's part of what convinces me. It is very hard to imagine anyone suffering from PPD or serious depression acting in that manner after the horrendous murders of their children.

Right, because although at the time there may have been the stigma associated with PPD, there has never been one associated with the brutal murder of your children. She had every opportunity at that point to break down and show her depression she may have been hiding. She did the opposite.

The media coverage of Darlie at her sons graves has been edited to reflect her in a bad light. The part where Darlie was spraying silly string etc. was when the boys friends were present. Prior to this, (when the other children were not there), Darlie was seen breaking down and overcome with grief, just before the boys friends came Darlie was repeatedly told to 'pull herself together' as not to upset the other children. They wanted to give the impression that thier boys were 'happily playing in heaven' for the benifit of the other children attending.

I think it is very hard to judge how someone should act under any circumstances, as everyone deals with things differently. No one can really comment on how they would react to a situation unless they have been in the situation themselves, even then thier reaction may well be completly different to others who have gone through the same thing.

The media coverage of Darlie at her sons graves has been edited to reflect her in a bad light. The part where Darlie was spraying silly string etc. was when the boys friends were present. Prior to this, (when the other children were not there), Darlie was seen breaking down and overcome with grief, just before the boys friends came Darlie was repeatedly told to 'pull herself together' as not to upset the other children. They wanted to give the impression that thier boys were 'happily playing in heaven' for the benifit of the other children attending.

I think it is very hard to judge how someone should act under any circumstances, as everyone deals with things differently. No one can really comment on how they would react to a situation unless they have been in the situation themselves, even then thier reaction may well be completly different to others who have gone through the same thing.

Yes Nicola every one does react differently to situations. But if you watch the entire tape and watch her demeanor during the interview afterwards there isn't any reddness/spotchy/sniffles whatsoever in her face. someone who had just broken down 10 minutes early isn't going to be all smiles and so clear headed as she was. You can see the hurt that Darin was feeling. He was IMO showing signs of someone grieving the loss of his children but Darlie was happy. Darlie wasn't worried there was a killer on loose and he might come back to finish the job... Nope she wasn't worried one bit. In fact Darlie seemed pretty damn acceptable of the fact that her boys were gone.

Right, because although at the time there may have been the stigma associated with PPD, there has never been one associated with the brutal murder of your children. She had every opportunity at that point to break down and show her depression she may have been hiding. She did the opposite.
One could assume that anyone, Darlie included, would have rathered experienced the stigma of being diagnosed and it publicly broadcast that she had PPD, rather than be suspected, tried and convicted of being their murderer.

One could assume that anyone, Darlie included, would have rathered experienced the stigma of being diagnosed and it publicly broadcast that she had PPD, rather than be suspected, tried and convicted of being their murderer.

That woman wasn't ever PPD. She may have been depressed about being broke and stuck with three kids, but she certainly didn't have PPD.

Yes Nicola every one does react differently to situations. But if you watch the entire tape and watch her demeanor during the interview afterwards there isn't any reddness/spotchy/sniffles whatsoever in her face. someone who had just broken down 10 minutes early isn't going to be all smiles and so clear headed as she was. You can see the hurt that Darin was feeling. He was IMO showing signs of someone grieving the loss of his children but Darlie was happy. Darlie wasn't worried there was a killer on loose and he might come back to finish the job... Nope she wasn't worried one bit. In fact Darlie seemed pretty damn acceptable of the fact that her boys were gone.
Right, and it's not just the tape of the silly string that shows her attitude.

It's a combination of her behaviour all along, from the moment she's on the 911 tape to her stories in the courtroon. Even afterwards, the interviews in prison. What I get from those is the feeling that I'm watching someone who's acting. Trying hard to keep the voice soft and the beautific smile.

Sure, we've heard/seen that she cried, wiped away tears, hugged people before the silly string episode. IMOO, Anyone depressed or with PDD or simply griefstricken, is going to struggle with being upbeat. Darin actually looked like he was still stunned. Disbelief that this happened. So were others at the gravesite. Not Darlie. She was having a good time with the silly string.

That woman wasn't ever PPD. She may have been depressed about being broke and stuck with three kids, but she certainly didn't have PPD.
I certainly agree! She wasn't too depressed to push for another loan so they could go on a vacation, despite the money woes!

I certainly agree! She wasn't too depressed to push for another loan so they could go on a vacation, despite the money woes!

I wouldn't even go as far to say that she was depressed over the money. The more I think about depression, the more I come to that conclusion. I do not think anymore that this woman was depressed. Unless she is bipolar (which could explain the "High" of happiness she was having at the graveyard). However if she is bipolar she would still to this day be medicated because it is something that only med's can control (from what I have been told). I think she was pissed off about the money situation, I think she felt that she was losing control over Darin and the kids. So in her desperation she devised a horrible act that would (in her sick/evil mind) give her back the control that she had to have.

Julia, I don't recall whether Darlie had sought treatment for PPD or for simply being depressed prior to the murders. Even if she had been suffering from either, one would think that many of those close to her would have noticed and perhaps urged her to get treatment. There would be a record if she had, and it certainly would have been brought up more urgently during the trial. Darlie seems to want attention, and acted as if she wouldn't stop at anything to get it, even if it meant claiming that she suffered from PDD or depression, or some other illness, even if she wasn't. One would think that if Darlie were in the throes of either conditions, the murders would have been the event that tipped her even deeper, yet her appearances on tv then and now don't show that. IMOO.

Molly,

Yes, what ever the cause of depression - which I do not believe she had - a situation such as a stranger slaughtering her "babies" certainly would have done her in.

And I agree with you. Darlie would stop at nothing to get attention. An example is when she claimed to have been raped.

There is no question in my mind she murdered her children.

Julia

I wouldn't even go as far to say that she was depressed over the money. The more I think about depression, the more I come to that conclusion. I do not think anymore that this woman was depressed. Unless she is bipolar (which could explain the "High" of happiness she was having at the graveyard). However if she is bipolar she would still to this day be medicated because it is something that only med's can control (from what I have been told). I think she was pissed off about the money situation, I think she felt that she was losing control over Darin and the kids. So in her desperation she devised a horrible act that would (in her sick/evil mind) give her back the control that she had to have.
If she were bipolar it certainly would have come out at trial or since. She also would have exhibited those highs at more occasions than just that once. IMO.

Molly,

Yes, what ever the cause of depression - which I do not believe she had - a situation such as a stranger slaughtering her "babies" certainly would have done her in.

And I agree with you. Darlie would stop at nothing to get attention. An example is when she claimed to have been raped.

There is no question in my mind she murdered her children.

Julia
When did she claim she was raped?

Most people would like to know the "why" of the murders. I've been reading about other cases further back in time throughout the U.S. and elsewhere which involved a mother or father killing members of their families or the entire family. In numerous cases there is no answer. Or none that would ever make sense to the rest of us.

Many of us would like to be able to attribute her abberation to a mental problem, a fault in the wiring, depression etc.. in order to "explain" it to our satisfaction, in an attempt to understand. We don't want to think that a mother would be capable of killing her children deliberately, whatever the reason, but history is full of mothers who did. Darlie's one of them.

When did she claim she was raped?

Most people would like to know the "why" of the murders. I've been reading about other cases further back in time throughout the U.S. and elsewhere which involved a mother or father killing members of their families or the entire family. In numerous cases there is no answer. Or none that would ever make sense to the rest of us.

Many of us would like to be able to attribute her abberation to a mental problem, a fault in the wiring, depression etc.. in order to "explain" it to our satisfaction, in an attempt to understand. We don't want to think that a mother would be capable of killing her children deliberately, whatever the reason, but history is full of mothers who did. Darlie's one of them.

Darlie "claimed" someone tried to rape her on the night of Darrin's graduation. He was having a party, and all the attention was on him and not her. She wanted to leave, but he didn't so she stormed out of the party and came back about 10 mins later with this claim.
She didn't want the police called or Darrin and his friends to go out looking for the "rapist."
Her little lie got her just what she wanted...Darrin left the party with her right after that.

Darlie "claimed" someone tried to rape her on the night of Darrin's graduation. He was having a party, and all the attention was on him and not her. She wanted to leave, but he didn't so she stormed out of the party and came back about 10 mins later with this claim.
She didn't want the police called or Darrin and his friends to go out looking for the "rapist."
Her little lie got her just what she wanted...Darrin left the party with her right after that.
Ahh, I see. That's a big lie, not a little one!
Shades of what occurred later. Brings to mind the 911 tape where she's trying to convince Darrin that "somebody" did it.
Perhaps he'd heard her spinning the same type of tale after this incident. She not only got his attention but everyone
else's. Must have been real satisfying to her that the focus was then on her.

How do people know that she wasnt raped? Did she admit that she made it up?

How do people know that she wasnt raped? Did she admit that she made it up?

I am not sure but I thought it was stated that she said someone TRIED to rape her. Not that it actually happened. This event occurred when they were dating and she was still in High School. There were many people at this graduation party for Darrin and witnessed this event.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I am not sure but I thought it was stated that she said someone TRIED to rape her. Not that it actually happened. This event occurred when they were dating and she was still in High School. There were many people at this graduation party for Darrin and witnessed this event.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, that's what I remember as well. I think her question was how do we know she wasn't raped on the night of the murders, and I think the answer to that is clear. She can't rape herself (or can she??).:eek:

Yes, that's what I remember as well. I think her question was how do we know she wasn't raped on the night of the murders, and I think the answer to that is clear. She can't rape herself (or can she??).:eek:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::D You are so funny.

I forgot all about the lost panties.....

No, you're absolutely right WW. She left that party on her own when Darrin was enjoying himself, was getting way too much attention, and didn't want to leave. She did want them both to leave because she wasn't the centre of attention. She flounced out and came back 10 minutes later claiming that someone had TRIED to rape her. Darrin took her home almost immediately.

No you got me wrong. What people are trying to say is that the alleged rape (in highschool) didnt happen and that it was all a ploy by Darlie to get attention and her own way. What Im trying to say is how do people know that she wasnt raped that night (when they were in highschool), maybe she was telling the truth. If that is the case then I think people are being a bit harsh, after all if it happened to them im sure they wouldnt feel that they were just trying to get attention.

No you got me wrong. What people are trying to say is that the alleged rape (in highschool) didnt happen and that it was all a ploy by Darlie to get attention and her own way. What Im trying to say is how do people know that she wasnt raped that night (when they were in highschool), maybe she was telling the truth. If that is the case then I think people are being a bit harsh, after all if it happened to them im sure they wouldnt feel that they were just trying to get attention.

Because she said someone "tried." She didn't say someone "did."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back