Databases and Perp Sheets compiled by Belinda

I can't believe that I just now found this thread. I need to pay more attention when I'm making the rounds!

Belinda, thank you very much for sharing this great work of yours! I am in awe of your dedication to the task and of you organizational skills! I believe that this must be one of your God-given gifts, and He has blessed you well!

Thanks so much. I have rarely been so dedicated (read obsessed) to a task. It's the only way I can think of to fight back against all of the injustice we see. Now we can all see what is going on and where and hopefully that will be helpful at some point.

We are making this thread a sticky, so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. Let me know if there are any questions.

Salem

Belinda - thank you so much! You are a Godsend!

WOW, Belinda. Just wow. Fascinating! Thank you for all your hard work.

Your Attention Please - Belinda has now compiled approx. 500 cases from across the US - the cases were taken from information here on WS - cases that many were interested in. Now that she has such a huge database, I'm wondering how we can use the information to our advantage? Believe had some ideas, including: For WSer research; tracking physician sex abuse; tracking sentencing.

I'm adding: tracking a Judge's sentencing patterns; tracking a State's sentencing patterns; tracking CPS involvement; tracking children that 'fall through the cracks'.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

For example - I can use the CPS info for lobbying for CASA funds and for lobbying for the National CASA organization. I haven't quite figured it out yet, but I will :)

This is really important information, in a usable format and for anyone that is politically inclined - it can help us do so much good.

Salem

Here is another link that just goes to the main database. If the other ones don't work, try this.

For now, we are removing the links and reviewing the advisability of public access. If you would like access, please contact Belinda for the links.

Hi Everyone -

We removed the links as we had some concerns about the data being totally public. However WS members are still welcome to access the database. If you would like access, please PM me with your google sign-on (not password) and I can add you individually. I will then add you and PM you with the links to the data. Sorry to make things so difficult, but there are several issues we need to look at before making it public again.

Belinda

Is this database still available for the members? I'm curious because I haven't received my log-on yet and have asked twice.

Belinda is in charge of the databases. They are very interesting. You will need to send her a pm to see if she is still working on them.

HTH,

Salem

Thanks Salem. I did PM from this site, but never get a response:(

So sorry for not responding sooner. Have been offline for awhile. The databases are no longer on Google or DocStoc. I am currently upgrading the database and converting it to a database program. I am needing help from a programmer to get it up on a site that can be viewed. My programmer has been unavailable due to her mother being seriously injured. So, I'm a little stuck at the moment.

I hope to eventually have this up on a website that can be searched by anyone. Am looking into the legal angles of making it public. All information has been gained from public sources, so my gut feeling is it should be okay. If anyone has any opinions on this, I would be glad to hear them.

ETA: If there is enough interest, I could put the old format database back up on Google while I work on the conversion. The new format is going to be very expanded and much more detailed than the old one. I'm looking forward to getting it up and running.

Belinda, I would love to see the database. It sounds very interesting, is the new one done yet?

For those of you who know me, you know that I spent more than 6 months working feverishly on a database of child abusers. I had tracked 500 offenders. I just needed to do something about the horrors I was reading here. But then I stopped. One, I need a programmer to help me get it up online and expand it. The other reason is I couldn't decide if all of the work I put into it was going to do any good whatsoever.

I thought it would be good if people could look up offenders in their area. I thought it could be used to pressure Child Protective Services to make some changes as I had also tracked cases that had CPS involvement prior to the crime. I found out which states had the weakest sentences for offenders. But, then I couldn't figure out what to do with all of the information I had gathered. I am homebound and can only gather the information. I finally became so distressed that I left Websleuths for quite some time and stopped working on the database. So, now I'm stuck. What do I do with it? Is it of any use? Should I continue working on it?

It is so difficult to continually read these cases and not be able to do anything about it. So, where do we go from here? Any thoughts?

Belinda, I have missed you terribly. I think your database would be a welcome addition to our resource center for a variety of reasons, including pressure on state and federal agencies.

I have asked some others to weigh in-hang tight. I am computer illiterate, but would love to find some help for you to get your database into a user friendly form.

Does anyone know of any incidence of child abuse/molestation in early 1970's possibly later in this small town. My sister is slightly older than me has been remembering things over the course of a few years and has just told me and I recall small pieces as well. We have both had some challenges as we got older. I honestly do not know where to start dealing with this. We do not feel we can ask our aging parents as this person was a family friend. Many thanks, superg. I am sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot, I am new here. Thank you.

Oh wow, Belinda, that is fantastic and works perfect.

Belinda - I stumbled across this thread tonight, as I am relatively new to WS. I must say that you have done something amazing here - I work in the human services field with kids, and to see this information is astounding. I DEFINITELY think that this is invaluable information - and is a great start to taking it to CPS, politicians, etc. to see a change! Keep up with the great work! :Banane10:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back