David Cassidy arrested for DUI in Florida

I always knew Bobby Sherman was the better man. He's the one I was supposed to marry...:heartbeat:

:scared: wow! He looks very different than he did back in the day.
I'm sorry to hear this....hope he get help.

He needs another trip to rehab. Since these arrests have not occurred in the same jurisdiction presumably that is why he still has a driver's license?

:banghead:

What he needs, in my opinion, is the phone number of a cab company. There's no reason for him to keep driving drunk. He's got money - call a cab.

I saw him perform quite a few times in a very small but popular venue. He was very humble, very likeable, and gracious to his fans and the crowd.

Most people in their 60's don't look anything like they did in their 20's......so I won't judge. :blushing:

I hope he's going to be ok.

:seeya:

His father was an alcoholic, and so it's probably genetic. I think he also had fame and fortune too early in life to know how to handle it. Such a waste...

I saw him perform quite a few times in a very small but popular venue. He was very humble, very likeable, and gracious to his fans and the crowd.

Most people in their 60's don't look anything like they did in their 20's......so I won't judge. :blushing:

I hope he's going to be ok.

:seeya:

I saw him at the Astrodome at the height of his career. Fabulous.

He was also on a TV documentary about his family - Jack his Dad, and his brothers, and Shirley Jones - he was so thoughtful, introspective, smart.

There will always be a part of me that still adores him. ;D

I don't think he looks that bad compared to other 63 year olds I've seen, but he doesn't look healthy enough. It's odd that his fiancee wasn't drinking but not the one driving either. At least he was very polite and cooperative with cops.

He needs a prison cell and a swift kick in the azz. Three DUI's, get a life DC.
Stop and get some help. NOW. You are endangering other people by driving drunk.

Yes, I too adored you when I was young but stop now.

Goz

Too bad he doesn't hire a chaffeur, he could certainly afford it. And he looks terrible now!

Take away his driver's license...and more importantly, any car keys to which he has access.

I hope his rehab/recovery is a success. Meanwhile, he is a danger to society, himself included.

Sad outcome for this man, no matter the reasons/excuses suggested. He needs help and I hope he finally gets it this time (GETS it), and is not allowed to drive until. Not blaming his fiancee, but anyone near him needs to take-away the keys...same way we've had to do with elderly relatives who altho licensed were not safe drivers.

~jmo~

I hope he succeeds. My late auntie had a bunch of pictures of him, when he was a "teen idol" and I always thought he was so sweet looking. seeing him now is a bit of a shock.

Good luck David!

I read the CNN article above. I don't think he's quite where he needs to be in this recovery journey, re: talking a lot about how wonderful he is, how moral he is, how many people he's helped, how he has an allergy to alcohol and how he didn't start drinking until 2002.

All of the above may be true, but all of the above are statements that sort of mitigate responsibility IMO. In my experience, when people are really ready to stop drinking, those sort of statements are no longer part of the equation.

Hope I'm wrong. I wish him well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back