DC DC - Chyna Crawford, 25, Washington, 23 October 2023 *suspicious circumstances*

Knox

Reaction score

WASHINGTON — Police are asking for the public's help in finding a 25-year-old woman who was last seen in October.

According to the Metropolitan Police Department, detectives are searching for Chyna Crawford.

Crawford was reported missing after she disappeared on Monday, October 23. She was last seen in the 1600 block of Good Hope Road Southeast.

Police are on the lookout for Crawford's car, a gray 2012 Mercedes Benz CLS550 with Virginia temporary license plate 998859V, which is also missing.

It has been over 10 days since Elisa Crawford heard from her daughter.

“Things weren’t thrown all over. It just looks like she left one day to go out and run errands and just never came back,” Elisa Crawford said after MPD conducted a wellness check on her daughter. She says the apartment was clean and her work laptop was missing.

Crawford is described as a Black woman, standing 5-foot-7, weighing around 120 pounds with long black dreadlocks and brown eyes.

Elisa said she has three distinguishing marks: a scar on her torso, a tattoo on her side that says "Anthony," and a tattoo heart with devil horns on the right side of her chest.

Elisa Crawford said they used to own a house in the area she was last seen, Chyna Crawford’s grandparents live in the neighborhood and friends live there too.

“Someone has taken my child,” Elisa Crawford said. “My daughter loves me very much and she would not leave and be gone this long without any notification or any, just nothing. It’s no messages Her iPhone is no longer working.”

Green has grown frustrated in trying to spread the word about the disappearance.

“What I’m noticing in this is that there’s no compassion, but I’m noticing in this is that this is not a human being. This is another statistic. This is another number,” Green said.

Fearing the worst but hoping for the best, Elisa Crawford wants the public to be on the lookout.
“I miss my friend. I miss my daughter. She was my baby,” Elisa Crawford said. “I just hope whoever has her, just release her, please.”

The family will be holding another search Saturday morning in Southeast.

DC police ramp up search for missing 25-year-old woman​

The search is ramping up for a missing woman from Southeast D.C. Chyna Crawford was last seen on Monday, Oct. 23, in the 1600 block of Good Hope Road Southeast and her vehicle, a gray 2012 Mercedes Benz CLS550 with Virginia temporary license plate 998859V, is also missing.

Matches up to what I have found on her. That address is a senior living facility.
How are you thinking her job is related?
Not suggesting IS - nothing to go on - but could be, such as offering another employee (who she didn't really know) a lift, without anyone else being aware. Seems she was responsible...not a big risk taker....knew the area, etc. Nothing solid / just a thought....lots of time passed and no info such as was she on her way to work, a friends, or what....

Not suggesting IS - nothing to go on - but could be, such as offering another employee (who she didn't really know) a lift, without anyone else being aware. Seems she was responsible...not a big risk taker....knew the area, etc. Nothing solid / just a thought....lots of time passed and no info such as was she on her way to work, a friends, or what....
Good thoughts!

<modsnip>

Note: Initial Sort is by Last Name. Sorting by other columns is available by clicking on the desired column header. Secondary sort is always Case Number. (0.009 seconds)
Case NumberNameDate of BirthParty TypeCourtCase TypeCase StatusFiling DateCase Caption
CaseSearch will only display results for cases that exist and for which the case's existence or a person's identity is not protected information under the Maryland Rules on Access to Court Records.
0E00653296Crawford, Chyna Danielle02/1998DefendantUpper Marlboro District CourtCRSCAClosed01/15/2018
5D00378880Crawford, Chyna Danielle02/1998DefendantRockville District CourtCRCClosed12/14/2017
CJ180518Crawford, Chyna Danielle02/1998DefendantPrince George's County Circuit CourtJCClosed03/05/2018Chyna Danielle Crawford

Last edited by a moderator:
So from upthread she was "last seen in the 1600 block of Good Hope Road Southeast" - last seen by who? Also says parents used to live in the area, grandparents and friends still do. Was she driving when seen? Parked? Visiting someone?

1699233205708.png

I know we can't really tell, but MOO the picture of the car looks like it has heavily tinted windows - could be someone saw her car BUT maybe someone else was driving it?

1699234401062.png

Good thoughts!

<modsnip>

Note: Initial Sort is by Last Name. Sorting by other columns is available by clicking on the desired column header. Secondary sort is always Case Number. (0.009 seconds)
Case NumberNameDate of BirthParty TypeCourtCase TypeCase StatusFiling DateCase Caption
CaseSearch will only display results for cases that exist and for which the case's existence or a person's identity is not protected information under the Maryland Rules on Access to Court Records.
0E00653296Crawford, Chyna Danielle02/1998DefendantUpper Marlboro District CourtCRSCAClosed01/15/2018
5D00378880Crawford, Chyna Danielle02/1998DefendantRockville District CourtCRCClosed12/14/2017
CJ180518Crawford, Chyna Danielle02/1998DefendantPrince George's County Circuit CourtJCClosed03/05/2018Chyna Danielle Crawford
I found the article on what lead to these charges, given she was a teen when this happened and there's been no history since then that I could easily find I don't personally think it's related to her disappearance. But putting it out there. County Police Arrest Four, Get Warrants for Two Others in ‘Pack Style’ Robbery in Friendship Heights

More than a dozen family members, public officials and violence interrupters converge on the corner of 16th Street and U Street in southeast D.C. on Nov. 4 to ask for information leading to the safe return of Chyna Crawford, who has been missing since Oct. 23. (Sam P.K. Collins/The Washington Informer)
More than a dozen family members, public officials and violence interrupters converge on the corner of 16th Street and U Street in southeast D.C. on Nov. 4 to ask for information leading to the safe return of Chyna Crawford

Washington DC court records show a search warrant was executed against criminal defendant Chyna Crawford April 18 of this year. https://eaccess.dccourts.gov/eaccess/search.page.3.1?x=xeZyV0uHux5Se1Smh8D87w This appears to be connected to this case where 24 year old Chyna Crawford was arrested by Metro DC PD in April 2023 with another person who is named - Listed charges : "Carrying a Pistol without a License, Possession of an Unregistered Firearm, Possession of Unregistered Ammunition, Felon in Possession, and Possession of a Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device. CCN: 23-060-017". MPD’s Weekly Firearm Recoveries:Monday, April 10, 2023, to Monday, April 17, 2023 | mpdc. If you look at the court records for the person she was arrested with, he also was part of the search warrant of April 18 Chyna was named in. (and the images available there on the initial gun charges have a lot of interesting detail as to her involvement and the charges that resulted against her).

@GraceG thanks for finding that. I found the case you mentioned above. The timing of sentencing in relation to CC's disappearance is interesting, though not conclusive by any means. Could she have testified in his case?

WAIVER of Trial by Jury as to SAMUEL ROACH. Approved by Judge Timothy J. Kelly on 7/17/2023. (zjch, ) (Entered: 07/17/2023)

Main Document

Waiver of Trial by Jury

Jul 17, 2023

PLEA AGREEMENT as to SAMUEL ROACH (zjch, ) (Entered: 07/17/2023)

Main Document

Plea Agreement

@GraceG thanks for finding that. I found the case you mentioned above. The timing of sentencing in relation to CC's disappearance is interesting, though not conclusive by any means. Could she have testified in his case?

Since it appears the charges against her weren't pursued (nothing in the court records for her after the initial arrest and search warrant) even though (in my opinion) the grounds were solid, leads me to believe she testified against him or provided evidence in exchange for reduced or no charges. As a prior felon she was probably looking at hail time otherwise. Just my opinion and thoughts.

Since it appears the charges against her weren't pursued (nothing in the court records for her after the initial arrest and search warrant) even though (in my opinion) the grounds were solid, leads me to believe she testified against him or provided evidence in exchange for reduced or no charges. As a prior felon she was probably looking at hail time otherwise. Just my opinion and thoughts.
Thanks for validating my thoughts as well.

Although DC Police have not yet said they believe a crime has taken place, on Saturday the department confirmed it had learned of "suspicious circumstances" surrounding Crawford's disappearance.

"During the investigation, there was some information we received that led us to believe there may be some suspicious circumstances surrounding her disappearance," Assistant Chief Carlos Heraud said.

With still no evidence of foul play, detectives are looking at “suspicious circumstances” surrounding Chyna disappearance, said Carlos Heraud, assistant chief of police for the investigative services bureau. Neither she, nor the gray Mercedes-Benz with temporary Virginia tags she was driving at the time, has been located. She was last seen in the 1600 block of Good Hope Road in Southeast Washington. The details of her disappearance, Heraud said without revealing the specifics, led detectives to believe Crawford’s case needed to be handled by investigators who specialize in homicides.

Elisa Crawford and Chyna’s 33-year-old brother, Derrick Crawford, said Chyna has never been involved in drugs and had never been out of contact with her mother. Nicknamed “Chay-Chay,” Chyna lived with her mother until last year when, after finding a job as a community engagement liaison for a D.C. nonprofit organization, she got her own apartment in Southwest Washington. Still, she talked to or texted her mother daily, just to check in “or ask me for money,” Crawford said laughing.

When a woman goes missing, detectives often look at the boyfriend or husband as a possible suspect. But Crawford said Chyna’s boyfriend was an inmate in D.C. jail for an unrelated case long before Chyna went missing. “We know he is not involved,” she said.

Heraud said detectives “don’t have any evidence, one way or another” of Chyna’s boyfriend’s involvement.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back