DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, Bravo. I know about the Dylan Redwine case. I was surprised to hear that myself.

Poor little guy on the side of that mountain in view of the Dad's house, right? These cases are so heartbreaking!

:moo:

ETA: Perfectly permissible to snow ski in Florida in your dreams, Bravo. You wouldn't believe some of the dreams I have!

I hear ya. So I didn't dream that fact. LOL I only seem to dream cray cray lately if I am immersed in a case here.

Listening to JVM and grandma tonight was maddening. And Jane w/ her bullcrap "Oh, the conspiracy theory is blowing my mind!" Gag. Why doesn't she be a real journalist and ask the hard questions!

Prior to the 19th, when had you heard from Tatum? Relisha?
Grandma kept saying, Talum and it was making me infuriated!
Why did KT call her daughter's phone at all? Why not call Relisha's mother? Why was he attempting to get a hold of gma?
I could go on and on, got my bp boiling!

Listening to JVM and grandma tonight was maddening. And Jane w/ her bullcrap "Oh, the conspiracy theory is blowing my mind!" Gag. Why doesn't she be a real journalist and ask the hard questions!

Prior to the 19th, when had you heard from Tatum? Relisha?
Grandma kept saying, Talum and it was making me infuriated!
Why did KT call her daughter's phone at all? Why not call Relisha's mother? Why was he attempting to get a hold of gma?
I could go on and on, got my bp boiling!

I agree. Ask the hard questions!!!! I guess perhaps they don't for fear they wont appear back on the show. Ratings seem to matter :banghead:

Anyone else here who followed the Dylan Redwine case? IIRC and it surprised me I believe it was stated that actually head items were the best scent objects. A hat or pillow case etc. That shoes were the least. I remember being very surprised at that. Hope I didn't dream that fact :scared:
ETA: I dreamt last night I was snow skiing in Florida. So who knows :facepalm:

We have many verified SAR on Websleuths you could ask.

I wonder why Grandma would even have Tatum's number :tantrum:

Why? Don't you have the phone number of all your children's janitors? :facepalm:

I can't stop thinking about when KT offed himself.

He was found 3/31, so 36 hours could be 3/29 or earlier. I looked back through post and MSM, it looks like 3/27 the FBI/LE released that he was in that park for 2 hours on 3/2. 3/27 is also the day they started searching the park.

Based on the date of death estimation, it seems he went back to the park knowing they were searching there and knew he had been there.

What is the message he wanted to send by killing himself there?

Relisha isn't here but I am? In an attempt to throw off investigators.

Relisha is buried here and this is my way of letting you know?

What do you all think?

I don't think he was trying to send any message. If he wanted to leave a message or tell LE where Relisha is he could have ACTUALLY LEFT A MESSAGE. :banghead:

I did wonder if he possibly killed Relisha in that storage shed or had her body in there for a time. Then he killed himself there to try to cover up any forensics that might be found there. Idk

This case really is a bit of a mystery. I've been reading the posts on here and I'm thinking along the same lines as some of you. So here's my two cents:

1. KLT buddied up to "Mom" with money, drugs and probably giving her rides in his shiny car. We KNOW he buddied up to Relisha, but I'd be willing to bet that Mom was the primary target of KLT's grooming because he needed to get the mother's consent to take Relisha out of the shelter.

2. NO innocent parent lies to LE when their child is missing. She lied because she has something to cover up. She also did not report the child missing on her own BECAUSE SHE KNEW SHE HAD DONE SOMETHING WRONG. Clearly there was no "trip to Disneyland" or "medical seminar" because if that were the case she would have said so. The truth was something that could have gotten her locked up. I think she was prostituting this little girl. I think she really did want the girl back but could not tell on KLT without also telling on herself.

3. This "Dr. Tatum" mess is VERY DISTURBING. I bet you they told the little girl he really was a doctor to make her comfortable with being handled and disrobed by KLT.

But what I can't understand is why he would kill RR if he was also going to kill himself? He killed himself to escape punishment for killing his wife. Even if he did assault RR in some way, he knew he'd never do a day in prison because he was going to kill himself. So what's going on there?

The only thing I can come up with is that he killed RR very soon after that video of the two of them at the hotel. He killed her because she was slowing him down. It was easier to run without an 8 year old girl.

This case really is a bit of a mystery. I've been reading the posts on here and I'm thinking along the same lines as some of you. So here's my two cents:

1. KLT buddied up to "Mom" with money, drugs and probably giving her rides in his shiny car. We KNOW he buddied up to Relisha, but I'd be willing to bet that Mom was the primary target of KLT's grooming because he needed to get the mother's consent to take Relisha out of the shelter.

2. NO innocent parent lies to LE when their child is missing. She lied because she has something to cover up. She also did not report the child missing on her own BECAUSE SHE KNEW SHE HAD DONE SOMETHING WRONG. Clearly there was no "trip to Disneyland" or "medical seminar" because if that were the case she would have said so. The truth was something that could have gotten her locked up. I think she was prostituting this little girl. I think she really did want the girl back but could not tell on KLT without also telling on herself.

3. This "Dr. Tatum" mess is VERY DISTURBING. I bet you they told the little girl he really was a doctor to make her comfortable with being handled and disrobed by KLT.

But what I can't understand is why he would kill RR if he was also going to kill himself? He killed himself to escape punishment for killing his wife. Even if he did assault RR in some way, he knew he'd never do a day in prison because he was going to kill himself. So what's going on there?

The only thing I can come up with is that he killed RR very soon after that video of the two of them at the hotel. He killed her because she was slowing him down. It was easier to run without an 8 year old girl.

Good post.

I agree, SY has a lot to hide, she never spoke against KT, didn't even post more pics of Relisha until he was found dead. He had something on her and she was afraid and knew her part was going to get her in big trouble.

I'd like to know if they used dogs on KT vehicle? If they suspect Relisha is in the park, h e had to get her there somehow.

Good point about them calling him a dr.

BUT, if Relisha was killed March 2, Tatum apparently didn't have a plan of killing himself. He continued to go to work. He wasn't fleeing the area. He didn't kill his wife until LE found there was a missing child, and they wanted to talk to him. Whether his wife knew or not, we might not ever know! Neighbors said Relisha had been at the Tatums. None said specifically that both Tatums were at the apartment at that time. So again, I don't know. Maybe he told his wife a story, but again, we don't know, and might not ever. Tatum had apparently taken Relisha numerous times before. Did anyone in the family see this? Did the wife see it? Did any of her family or his family know? What were they told?

Once Tatum was wanted for questioning, how soon was it announced on DC news? DID the group at the Red Roof Inn know about Relisha prior to going there? Was there plans to go there? How far back were those plans made? Was it a spur of the moment thing? Again, WHY? What was the purpose of the hotel that night? That late at night, when their apartment wasn't that far away. And IF Karl wanted the room to kill Andrea in...doesn't make sense because he could have killed her at home. Or maybe he didn't initally intend on suicide? I don't know.

WHY kill himself at the park? Don't think we've seen whether there are cameras at the park or not. Maybe cameras near businesses that would see something. IMO, LE has a strong reason to search that park. Something they felt was a very good lead. They've said a few times they are also searching other areas though.

Maybe they should let US do the questioning of a few folks, and turn their head away for a bit, and wear ear plugs. Bet we could get some answers! And for each lie, well karma immediately! I'm beyond upset, beyond disgusted, beyond worried...I can't explain my own feelings. Just a wee child. Probably hadn't even learned to ride a bike yet. Ugh!

See, I'm wondering if the last place Relisha was seen WAS at the park!!! If there is cameras there, she could have been seen going into the park with him, and never coming out. Eerily enough, iirc, he was living really close to that park. Was it the prior apartment or current one that was walking distance??

What if the whole hotel thing was meant to be a murder/suicide? That thought came to me yesterday and I can't let it go.

Handguns are illegal in DC (I know, criminals don't obey laws) my point is though, that it may be easier to hop the border and get a gun in va or md, hence why he went to Richmond ( I know we are debating and tossing around whether that's why he went to Richmond).

With my newest theory, he went to Richmond to get the gun b/c he and AT were going tno murder/suicide. Only he didn't right then and there.

But I do think he's been dead awhile, not just a few days prior to them finding him.

To me, one of the most crucial pieces of info is was Relisha with him in Richmond? They said they saw his truck and believe him AND RELISHA were there. That was around the 19th or 20th, weeks after we are speculating what could have happened on the 2nd. I am sure they are investigating these defining moments, but in my head, there are a couple and that is where many of the answers lie.

To me, one of the most crucial pieces of info is was Relisha with him in Richmond? They said they saw his truck and believe him AND RELISHA were there. That was around the 19th or 20th, weeks after we are speculating what could have happened on the 2nd. I am sure they are investigating these defining moments, but in my head, there are a couple and that is where many of the answers lie.

I have not been on here all day and there is just too much to read, at this moment. Who is the they that said this? Was this on the news or MSM or did they have another press conference today? Do you have somewhere I can check this out? This for sure changes things....if true.

Working on transcription of JVM and NG now....

Going to be a long night - but Relisha is worth it!

(I personally can't wait for the cnn.com transcripts page, and it will be interesting to see if their transcriptionist deciphers this the same way I do.... :waitasec: )

This is an aside from the heartbreaking facts of the case, but can I just say I am always glad to see popsicle on the job?? She always has the latest facts at her fingertips.

I can't stop thinking about when KT offed himself.

He was found 3/31, so 36 hours could be 3/29 or earlier. I looked back through post and MSM, it looks like 3/27 the FBI/LE released that he was in that park for 2 hours on 3/2. 3/27 is also the day they started searching the park.

Based on the date of death estimation, it seems he went back to the park knowing they were searching there and knew he had been there.

What is the message he wanted to send by killing himself there?

Relisha isn't here but I am? In an attempt to throw off investigators.

Relisha is buried here and this is my way of letting you know?

What do you all think?

bbm

I tend to think he was there before they started searching. I went there during the searches last week, and there is no way someone could get in there. Not sure how tightly guarded it was at night, though. I have a feeling it was a chance he wouldn't have taken - getting caught trying to sneak in there.

It was heavily guarded when I was there.

I have questions. Is it possible he dumped her off alive at a homeless shelter somewhere but no one knows its her? (Doesn't seem like they pay too much attention to who comes and goes sometimes.)

His suicide does worry me though. I mean he seemed to like the little girl and took her with him when he could have killed he on the spot. In the released video that I saw she was not having to be dragged anywhere so they appeared to be on good terms and that gave me hope that he might have tried to drop her off alive somewhere.

By all accounts he seemed to like playing the hero/big brother figure. I am concerned though that if he tried to take her and keep her alive with him that if she had one of her migraine type things and cried a lot when he was trying to play the hero to her and make her feel better but if she cried in too much pain he might have broke out of character and used a bag to smother her. Such a failure to his self image might have resulted in that suicide.

Use of a bag to conceal her body and allow him to "throw away" the body or to allow him to bury the body somewhere both are possibilities that come to mind but I really hope (unlikely as it is) that he has just dropped her off somewhere in a homeless population or center or shelter and that no one has yet realized who she is...

Just a thought: What if grandma Y had seen that Relisha seemed happy to spend time with the Tatums. Maybe she even knew of the gifts that Relisha got from him. Thinking she could help Relisha, she found a way to get his phone number and set up a time to meet him. What if she felt that her granddaughter would be better off away from the shelter, SY and the turmoil of SY's lifestyle.

I can see that happening but something tells me,if grandma Y initiated a plan with Tatum, that she may have profited from this handoff :(

JVM: Shocking new developments in Relisha Rudd’s disappearance, as secrets and lies surface. Why does the missing 8-year old girl’s mom keep changing her story? Relisha’s maternal grandmother is joining me live tonight. Plus, I’ll talk exclusively with the alleged kidnapper’s nephew. Were there warning signs? Good evening, I’m JVM coming to you live….

(VIDEO CLIP)

JVM: Cops say Relisha’s family gave her away on February 26th to Khalil Tatum, a janitor at the Washington DC homeless shelter where the famly was living. He was supposed to take her to his house. But there’s surveillance video, right here, of the two of them walking into a hotel room - an ominous sign. Cops say the last confirmed sighting of little Relisha was March 1st. The next day, March 2nd, Tatum buys heavy duty trash bags, a shovel, and lime, tools often used to dispose of bodies. Fast forward to March 19th-20th, soon after, cops start searching for Relisha on March 20th, they find Tatum’s wife murdered in a hotel. And then just this week, cops find the body of Tatum himself, in a Washington DC park. They think he killed himself.

So now that this accused murderer and kidnapper is dead, have cops lost the only person who knew where the child was hidden? And is she dead or alive? How did Tatum convince everybody at this homeless shelter he was a great guy?

(PARTIAL VIDEO CLIP of SY’s interview with @ShomariStone of NBC Washington)

JVM: But, should we trust what Relisha’s mom says? What do you think happened to little Relisha? Call me at 1-877-JVM-SAYS. We have a fantastic Lion’s Den debate panel tonight.

But first, my special guest, Relisha’a maternal grandmother, Melissa (Turner Young), I am so sorry that you’re going through all this. I know it’s gotta be gut-wrenching - heartwrenching - but, you had told us that you do not blame the now dead janitor Khalil Tatum, for murdering his wife or kidnapping your missing grandchild. WHY NOT? And look at this precious child! (VIDEO of RELISHA DANCING in her room at the shelter is playing on-screen - continuous loop - byline “FROM FACEBOOK/INSTAGRAM)

MTY: (crosstalk) What I said was, I don’t believe that he killed his wife.

JVM: (pause) Uh, why not?

MTY: I, I, what I said to the reporter that interviewed me - I never said I don’t blame him? (***she ends her sentences, at times, as though she is ending a sentence as a question / just as AY did; when I hear this, I will transcribe it with a question mark at the end, because that’s how it sounds to me***) what I said was, I don’t believe that he killed his wife? What I believe, what I feel right now, and what I believe since finding out that he was found murdered, well that he committed suicide - I believe his wife his wife walked in and saw something, or interrupted something, or heard something, or seen something, that she wasn’t supposed to see, or know, and that’s why she lost her life.
(crosstalk - JVM interrupted her - :banghead: )

JVM: well, if he didn’t kill her, who did?

MTY: I don’t know. Maybe it coulda been one of the ones that left - that was seen at the hotel with him.

JVM: (slight pause) Ah…

(crosstalk)

MTY: Really, really, I don’t know who coulda took her. I don’t know...

JVM: Tell us, tell us (cuts MTY off :banghead: ) about that, because authorities are saying, as we see the surveillance video of our precious grandchild - with this man, this janitor, on February 26th, walking to a hotel room, never a good sign for an adult man and an 8 year old girl, to be walking into a hotel room. There it is. Now,

MTY: (crosstalk, speaking over JVM) Well, what we got, what the family got…

JVM: authorities haven’t said that about anything else, about anybody else, but you’re giving us new information. What are you saying?

MTY: What, what the family got, far as that video, about him being, ‘bout him and her being seen in the hotel, in the COMFORT INN over there on, uh, well, that hotel over there on New York Avenue? She was, she went to a pool party. They was supposed to had her his 9 year old granddaughter was supposed to have a pool party at a hotel, at the indoor pool there at the hotel. I found out that...(crosstalk)...we never….the indoor pool

JVM: (talking over her) You mentioned something other people...

MTY: I don’t know if a party took place there or not.

JVM: You said just now about, something just now about other people. What other people?

MTY: The hotel where his wife was found was in Oxon Hill. The hotel where Relisha and Mr. Tatum were seen at is here in the District of Columbia.

JVM: Right

MTY: It was five people, it was three other people seen entering that hotel room with him and his wife. So we don’t know who could have killed his wife.

JVM: Wow (speaking quietly as MTY talks)

MTY: Maybe one of them, maybe Mr. Tatum. We don’t know. Only those who was actually in the room know who killed his wife.

JVM: Now, some might say, why are you so quick to defend somebody who your granddaughter disappeared on him watch? And let me just set it up….

(crosstalk - MTY interruts JVM)

MTY: I’m not defending him at all. My thing is, you got two people that turned up dead, OK? In Mr. Tatum’s case, where they found him at, they searched that same very exact location when they first started searching for my granddaughter. They found nothing. No signs of him, nor my granddaughter, at that very exact location. On Monday, Monday just past, you get a tip that leads you right back to that location. What you find what you get back to that same very location that you already searched prior to beginning the search for my granddaughter? And you find his body. That should tell you something.

JVM: And you’re suggesting that something (crosstalk) that somebody dropped his body there, and planted his body there, you’re almost suggesting a conspiracy!

MTY: If you didn’t find a body when you find when you searched it (major crosstalk!) RIGHT! That’s what I feel. That someone killed him, someone else, and put his body there, and then called Metropolitan and told them to go back, that they will find something.

JVM: It’s almost like you’re suggesting….

MTY: So I’m not defending Mr. Tatum in any type of way, I’m (inaudible because JVM won’t let her talk :banghead: )

JVM: Well, what do you think happened to your granddaughter? (they keep cutting each other off) What do you think happened to your granddaughter?

MTY: I don’t know what happened to her. See, right now, it’s a lot, only, like I said, in his wife’s case, the only ones know that killed her is the ones that was there. The whereabouts of my granddaughter. the only one that knows the whereabouts right now is Mr. Tatum and he’s deceased. Now, if he killed hisself, the question leaves now, who was she present when he murdered hisself? Or did he leave her with someone else. ***Interestingly, the 2nd (underlined)part was said as a statement - not a question****

JVM: Well, you know, what you’re suggesting is also, if you extrapolate, you’re suggesting maybe he didn’t kill himself, that he was killed and planted there. Oh my gosh my…

MTY: Right!

JVM: ...head is exploding with this conspiracy theory…

MTY: That’s that I feel (crosstalk again); That’s not a suggestion, that’s what I feel. That’s MY opinion on how they found the body, and where they found the gun laying at. That’s MY opinion on it. I feel as though...

JVM: OK (interrupts), I want to...

MTY: Mr. Tatum’s body was put there by someone else.

JVM: I wanna stop you for a second, and I appreciate your candor. Hang on. Don’t hang up.

(Goes to Areva Martin for commentary. AM starts off with (paraphrasing) Grandmother is grieving, and then says,“Now’s not the time to trash the grandmother….” when NO ONE’s said a WORD to MTY so FAR! :censored: :censored:

As you can tell, this transcription is EXHAUSTING - as I’ve barely completed segment #1, and AM’s drivel isn’t worth the keystrokes!

Taking a breather, and will keep at it until I pass out! (I'm only at the 18:00 mark!!!
:thud:

Am I losing my noggin' - or is MTY's JVM appearance tonight the 1st time we've heard about the COMFORT INN?

I listened to it countless times, to make sure that's what she said, regarding the pool party. I'm nowhere near finished with this episode, and still have to complete NG.

I will definitely want to compare with the cnn.com transcripts just to see if they caught it.

I searched for a MSM link, and didn't find ANYTHING re: a Comfort Inn.

I think she slipped BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:moo:

JVM + MTY + :earson: = LIVING H3LL ( :facepalm: )

ETA: There IS a Comfort Inn on New York Avenue in DC

Comfort Inn & Suites New York Avenue
1600 New York Ave. N.E., Washington, DC, US, 20002

http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-washington-district_of_columbia-DC012

Does anyone have time to search images of the interior / carpeting / to compare to the video? :please:

ETA2:

This hotel does NOT have a pool :waitasec:
http://www.hotelplanner.com/Hotels/122528/Reservations-Comfort-Inn-Suites-Dc-Washington-1600-New-York-Ave-Ne-20002#Amenities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member