DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #9

Just thinking about Relisha on this beautiful almost summer day, and hoping she will be found, and those responsible held accountable. :(

I am trying to research who was the little girl whomwent missing from the shelter and what her story is. I heard few weeks ago that another little girl went missing for weeks and was found i think in California ...and was a victim of sex trafficking.
Please if amyine knows about this let me know

Would be interesting to know whether the girl mentioned in article left the shelter and came across ' traffickers' elsewhere in town OR if she was approached while at the shelter by someone and told/ coerced/ manipulated into leaving the shelter for that purpose.

Find Relisha!!!

ETA ,, oops I found the answer I think """Shawna had told several of them she was going to Atlanta or Las Vegas to become a model.'''''
So she was likely approached within or near the shelter or at least by someone who knew she was there. Is finding young girls living in shelter's a M.O. of the traffickers? Knowing that they are downtrodden and vulnerable ?
But last I heard LE has declared there is no connection from KT to any ' known ' traffickers. Is that still the case? TIA

Just saw this on a local news feed re : trafficking. It goes into detail about the conditions they are taken under , etc. Might be useful info and if not on this case, surely some other case.

http://www.ktbs.com/story/25706317/3-arrested-in-natchitoches-parish-human-trafficking-case

'''The victim was given a list of daily chores to complete by her master which included serving meals, drinks, taking care of animals, leveling dirt for a swimming pool, installing a swimming pool, digging trenches, removal of fallen trees and performing sexual acts.''''

Seems that not all ' trafficking'' is ' for sex', even though there is sex. This seems almost like a master/ servant type situation . I always think of trafficking as forced prostitution but it seems some are just looking for free work/ maid / butler services as well.
:(

Please watch the FBI video of Feb. 26, very closely and enlarged. I want you to pay attention to the white cord, which I believe is a cable cord attached to a VCR/DVD player. Look a the spacing of his hands as he carries the item, look at the formation of his hands 2.5 inches apart as he holding it while walking in the room (circle 8). If this was a two string carry bag the formation of the strings flop into a loop, this is a hard cord.

Why would this item be brought to a hotel at 7:30pm to a hotel with an 8 yr old child on a Wednesday night in the worst winter MD/DC has had in yrs. Was this could this have been an introduction to *advertiser censored*, if you rent a movie (*advertiser censored*) it would show up on your credit card why not just bring *advertiser censored* with you? I mean after working all day long (badge still on) picking up Relisha' no bathing suit at Ashley's, now have to go shopping in Feb for bathing suit get to hotel, What time is the suppose child's pool party 8:30,9, 9:30, what time did pool close. and why bring you own device with you on this night to a hotel room with an 8 yr old child? Who drives around with a VCR/DVD in their vehicle for occasions like this anyways?

FBI VIDEO - Seeking 8-Year-Old Relisha Tenau Rudd - YouTube

with the news covering this story less and with no further leads coming in and a lull in the peripheral drama I hope its okay to link this OT story here.

This does not relate to Relisha but rather to another homeless girl who is a resident of the DG General Shelter.

With all the horrible things we have read about life in the shelter for children and how hard the start is for kids in this predicament. I thought we could all use a reason to hope and to celebrate a child who is making it through the pitfalls of shelter life, driven and focused on achieving a different life for herself.

So much so that she is this year’s valedictorian at Anacostia High School, and has just been offered a full scholarship to Georgetown University.

"I'm going to get into pre-med," says Melson. "I'm taking the route of becoming a forensic pathologist. I really want to be a medical examiner."

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...rship-to-georgetown-103983.html#ixzz34HS7kG8C

Congratulations Ms. Melton! You are to be applauded and I know you will go far in realizing your dreams.

I am just so frustrated this case is not moving! Like so many others have stated, I pray that more is going on behind the scenes and Relisha's whereabouts will be known soon, and what was done in darkness will truly come to light!

Just saw this on a local news feed re : trafficking. It goes into detail about the conditions they are taken under , etc. Might be useful info and if not on this case, surely some other case.

http://www.ktbs.com/story/25706317/3-arrested-in-natchitoches-parish-human-trafficking-case

'''The victim was given a list of daily chores to complete by her master which included serving meals, drinks, taking care of animals, leveling dirt for a swimming pool, installing a swimming pool, digging trenches, removal of fallen trees and performing sexual acts.''''

Seems that not all ' trafficking'' is ' for sex', even though there is sex. This seems almost like a master/ servant type situation . I always think of trafficking as forced prostitution but it seems some are just looking for free work/ maid / butler services as well.
:(

They do this to break their spirits.....it makes them easier to control :(

websleuths has a thread on the LA case. I am following that one too.

I am just so frustrated this case is not moving! Like so many others have stated, I pray that more is going on behind the scenes and Relisha's whereabouts will be known soon, and what was done in darkness will truly come to light!

It feels like they just gave up looking for her or getting justice for her. It feels so tragic that after all this child had already been through, justice is not coming in with an iron fist for her! I want the law to FIGHT for her! To fight for all children who are mistreated and forgotten. To punish in a way that parents think twice about abusing, neglecting or throwing away their child! I want there to be some urgency and intense importance for this child and all of those children! If the president's child would have gone missing, what would be happening? Certainly not this! I want that! I want her to be treated like she is reeeeally important, because she is!!!!! I am so frustrated with the things that just get pushed aside these days. I am shocked and frustrated. She's a child. Missing. Probably horribly abused. And she's just gone.

It feels like they just gave up looking for her or getting justice for her. It feels so tragic that after all this child had already been through, justice is not coming in with an iron fist for her! I want the law to FIGHT for her! To fight for all children who are mistreated and forgotten. To punish in a way that parents think twice about abusing, neglecting or throwing away their child! I want there to be some urgency and intense importance for this child and all of those children! If the president's child would have gone missing, what would be happening? Certainly not this! I want that! I want her to be treated like she is reeeeally important, because she is!!!!! I am so frustrated with the things that just get pushed aside these days. I am shocked and frustrated. She's a child. Missing. Probably horribly abused. And she's just gone.

What saddens me most today is that the urgency to find Relisha (or to recover her) seems to be coming NOT from her family, but from strangers who never knew her personally, but who can empathize with her and advocate for her. Your post radiates your concern for this lovely child--as have the others in these threads--and your points are so clear. Right now, I'm choosing to believe that LE's diligence will soon turn up evidence which they can share with the pubic and which will bring her home.

Slightly O/T: While driving to work this morning, I was passing through Anacostia and by the park where so many searches were held for Relisha. At that moment, the radio announced that the valedictorian of Anacostia High School overcame the odds at DC General Homeless Shelter - and has a full ride to Georgetown in the fall. I thought of Relisha living there at the same time as this girl and her family. Such a contrast....

Due to earlier discussions about DC General, etc, I just wanted to share. Not all families there are like SY's family.

I came home from work and googled the story:

At The Head Of Her Class, And Homeless
http://www.npr.org/2014/06/11/321022595/at-the-head-of-her-class-and-homeless

(ETA - oops - I see that TLCYA already posted it. :) )

Who remembers 8-year-old Relisha Rudd’s story and who cares?
In the end, sadly, the question must be asked, “Who remembers 8-year-old Relisha Rudd and who really cared?”

http://www.dcspotlight.com/featured...8-year-old-relisha-rudds-story-and-who-cares/

Snipped from article:

With a mother who waited weeks to report her child missing...

Um, did I miss something? WHEN did Relisha's mother report her missing? A school counselor at Payne Elementary School notified CPS and THEY filed the missing persons report. I don't recall SY ever reporting her missing...on the contrary, she stated, she did NOT call LE because she didn't want to lose her other kids. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC, SY never reported Relisha missing...and neither did anybody else in her family. :mad:

Snipped from article:

Um, did I miss something? WHEN did Relisha's mother report her missing? A school counselor at Payne Elementary School notified CPS and THEY filed the missing persons report. I don't recall SY ever reporting her missing...on the contrary, she stated, she did NOT call LE because she didn't want to lose her other kids. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC, SY never reported Relisha missing...and neither did anybody else in her family. :mad:

These clips back up your version of events.

On March 19, police began the search for Relisha after a social worker from Payne Elementary School, concerned about her mounting absences, showed up at the shelter and discovered the truth about Tatum, who had been listed on school records as Relisha’s doctor. By that point, Relisha had been with Tatum since Feb. 26, police said, but no one had reported her missing. On March 20, police found Tatum’s wife, Andrea Tatum, facedown on a motel bed in Oxon Hill, shot in the head. Tatum was found 11 days later in a Northeast Washington park shed, dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...1a020a-bc19-11e3-9a05-c739f29ccb08_story.html

Relisha was reported missing Wednesday by administrators at her elementary school. Sources tell News4 that her mother continues to refuse to file a missing persons report. Instead, the report was signed by D.C. Child and Family Services Agency.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...d-Reported-Missing-From-SE-DC--251168541.html

According to CBS D.C., Relisha was only reported missing last week after her school became suspicious of her repeated absences. When asked Thursday whether Relisha's mother could also face charges in her disappearance, Lanier said the investigation is ongoing and that authorities have not ruled out filing more charges.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/relisha-rudd-missing-dc-girl-feared-dead-by-police/

The last confirmed sighting of Relisha was March 1 at a D.C. motel. The next day, Tatum purchased a shovel, trash bags and lime.

Federal agents, police officers and fire department recruits descended on Kenilworth Park Thursday after receiving information that Tatum spent some time in the wooded 700-acre park after Relisha disappeared.

Police also said Relisha's mother knew she was with Tatum, but did not report the girl as missing. But Young told News4's Shomari Stone Thursday night that she did not leave her daughter with Tatum.

"I wasn’t under the impression she was missing. I thought she was at my sister’s house," Young said. "I didn't want to lose my other three kids. That's why I didn't call the police."

She said Relisha was in the care of her grandmother and aunt at the time of her disappearance.

"No, I don't feel responsible.... She was in the care of my mother and my sister; that's why I don't feel responsible," Young said.
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/DRAFT-Relisha-Rudds-Mother-Speaks--252902051.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back