DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to respectfully disagree. I have a cleaning woman who cleans our home every two weeks. I really like her! We have a great relationship. A person's home is one's sanctuary. To allow an outsider in breeds familiarity and possibly a friendship. IMO. My guess is NG knew the family well. She may be close to the girls as well. I find it impossible to believe the family would not want her at the funeral. SS and AS strike me as really good people who would be upset if she was not at the funeral. I think they were close. Of course, on a different level.

My point was not that she didn't belong at the funeral but that it doesn't necessarily mean they were close. We have no idea if they were close. I haven't gotten that sense, but maybe. I think they definitely wouldn't want her speaking so much to the press. We need to be careful about assumptions here about how the family behaved. They were killed in a brutal, horrific manner and its tempting to attribute a level of nobility to them because of their suffering, but we just don't know. I have seen no indication that NG played a role in this family beyond the housekeeping, either from the reports or from those I know who were close to the family. They had a lot of people working for them. A lot of people came into that house.

RE: Pizza delivery

I too order pizza on a fairly regular basis and my customer information immediately comes up based on my telephone number; however, while I pay with a credit card, I am still required to sign the sales slip upon delivery. Without my signature authorizing the sale, the sale is not valid and cannot be processed. I've read other posters comment that they too have had pizza delivered and simply left by the delivery person - without having to sign (authorize) the sales receipt - so I'm puzzled as to how that can be?

I would think the pizza shop owner would want the sig as a form of protection in case someone later challenged it with their cc company. The delivery person did notice the house was completely dark and just the porch light was on so it does sound as though it was an unusual enough request the delivery person was uneasy. Pizza delivery people have been attacked and robbed and that was a very high-end neighborhood. I doubt they ever allow a non-sig again.

JMO

I do think, though, that Savvas and Amy were trying to get out a message(s) through their calls and texts, but could only do it in the most vague of ways so as not to the rouse suspicion of their captor(s). I especially feel that there was one moment when things could have gone a different way, and that was when Vera's husband came to the house on Thursday morning. I think he knew it was completely outside of the norm that his wife would have stayed over at the Savapolous' house on Wednesday night. She was a cleaner, though a housekeeping service, not a live-in housekeeper. Even if her husband was told that her phone wasn't charged, etc., he was probably still wondering what was going on, so much so that he came to the house to try to find her the next morning. I believe something did not feel right to him and he was, naturally, concerned for her welfare. Some part of him, probably, still felt like something did not feel right even when he spoke with Savvas, who told him that Vera was with Amy at the hospital but, and this is me just being speculative, I think it's hard to question what is being told to you by someone who is, ultimately, your wife's employer. What if his concern was misplaced, and she really was helping out the family and with Amy, and he called the police? Would the Savapolous' be angry with him for that, think he over-reacted, and his wife would lose her job? Perhaps he put all that concern and worry out of his mind, told himself that his wife was a nice person, trying to help out this family when they needed her, and that he was being silly and was sure she would call him when everything settled down. As said above, hindsight is 20/20 and I imagine the poor husband is just wracked with guilt for not having followed his gut and called the police.[/QUOTE]

While I don't think they were trying to get the message out, I completely agree with your take on VF's husband.

I have to respectfully disagree. I have a cleaning woman who cleans our home every two weeks. I really like her! We have a great relationship. A person's home is one's sanctuary. To allow an outsider in breeds familiarity and possibly a friendship. IMO. My guess is NG knew the family well. She may be close to the girls as well. I find it impossible to believe the family would not want her at the funeral. SS and AS strike me as really good people who would be upset if she was not at the funeral. I think they were close. Of course, on a different level.

I agree with you. NS had been cleaning for the Savapouloses' for 20 years. That's quite a long time. She would have been around when the first daughter was born and subsequently. During the 20/20 interview, NS was crying and said how much she missed the family and how terrible she felt for the two girls. She talked about how Flip (Philip) would practice his Spanish with her and then get shy because he didn't think he could speak it very well. She seemed to have a good relationship with the entire family. One could argue that perhaps she should not be speaking to the media but she was affected by this crime, too.

My cleaning person and I send each other Xmas cards. She's been cleaning our house for a decade and I trust her so much, she has a key to our place and many times is there when it's just her, her other cleaners and my son. If something horrible happened to me like what happened to the Savapouloses, I would absolutely imagine her to be at my funeral. Obviously, this is a high profile murder but regardless, I'm sure many people at that funeral were just workers from the metal company, the dojo, etc. They had just as much right to pay their respects as any of the higher profile people in the S' lives.

I think the requirement that the receipt must be signed or not is simply a policy of each particular business. No reason the sale would be automatically invalid without the sig. Business is done every day using credit cards where no sig is necessary. Where I shop, a sig is only required for sales over $50. It is different at other places.

The same here. When I go get groceries, signature is only required for sales over $50. Two dominos pizzas would be less than $50.

I agree with you. NS had been cleaning for the Savapolous' for 20 years. That's quite a long time. She would have been around when the first daughter was born and subsequently. During the 20/20 interview, NS was crying and said how much she missed the family and how terrible she felt for the two girls. She talked about how Flip (Philip) would practice his Spanish with her and then get shy because he didn't think he could speak it very well. She seemed to have a good relationship with the entire family. One could argue that perhaps she should not be speaking to the media but she was affected by this crime, too.

My cleaning person and I send each other Xmas cards. She's been cleaning our house for a decade and I trust her so much, she has a key to our place and many times is there when it's just her, her other cleaners and my son. If something horrible happened to me like what happened to the Savapolous', I would absolutely imagine her to be at my funeral. Obviously, this is a high profile murder but regardless, I'm sure many people at that funeral were just workers from the metal company, the dojo, etc. They had just as much right to pay their respects as any of the higher profile people in the S' lives.

Let me be clear, the workers absolutely had a right to be at the funeral. I never said otherwise. I was only referring to total strangers who had no connection to the family. Even they had a "right" to be at the funeral, since it was open. But I don't think they should have gone. There's something macabre about going to the funeral of total strangers because of the sensationalism of the crime.

When I listened to that recording, it sounded to me like PS was calling for his dad."DAaaaAD, DAaaaAAd". It gave me chills. And nightmares.

My point was not that she didn't belong at the funeral but that it doesn't necessarily mean they were close. We have no idea if they were close. I haven't gotten that sense, but maybe. I think they definitely wouldn't want her speaking so much to the press. We need to be careful about assumptions here about how the family behaved. They were killed in a brutal, horrific manner and its tempting to attribute a level of nobility to them because of their suffering, but we just don't know. I have seen no indication that NG played a role in this family beyond the housekeeping, either from the reports or from those I know I were close to the family. They had a lot of people working for them. A lot of people came into that house.
Logically, if NG owns a cleaning company and employs other people, one can assume that she has several families that "she works for " or has worked for. This is not a live-in cleaning service. In my 16 years experience, of working with this clientele, I have seen dozens of cleaning services working for dozens of families. I have noted their schedules and procedures. Most cleaning services come anywhere from a few days a week to a few times a month. They usually come on the same days of the week and within a particular time frame. The majority of clients are not home when the cleaning service comes or by the time they leave. In many cases, the cleaning service has more than one person coming in and the whole house in completed within an hour or three.

I just don't see anyone working in the S house on a 7-3 PM schedule Mon-Fri. In homes similar to the S home, the cleaning ladies I have crossed paths with were almost never there all day, Mon-Fri, unless they were also a nanny or a live-in service provider. AFAIK, neither NG or VF held any sort of position within the S family.

Given the above, it just doesn't seem that NG held anything other than a position of long-term service provider for the S family and likely many other homes in the DMV area as well.

This is not to say that she hadn't formed some sort of friendship or bond with the family or that she is not particularly devastated by the horrific crimes against a family with which she maintained a twenty year commitment.

AND, she said she was working at another home in McLean when the fire broke out at Woodland.

Plus, in later interviews, she's made it a point to say she tried calling VF repeatedly, but she never called VF's husband to relay SS' message? Or to see if he'd been able to reach her when she (NG) could not? Would love to see NG's phone records to see how her stories match up. I'd be surprised if LE doesn't have a warrant for that still under seal. If so, why hasn't it been released like the others?

Just dropped back in. Much discussion about phone call from S.S.'s phone at 11:54, D.W. Could have been the one using it to call J.W. Not S.S.
I think D.W. Had a lot of help and support thruout much of the crime. He is a worker bee not a planner. If S.S. Was not bound and restrained he could still be controlled but it would take at least 2. Someone taught D.W. This Criminal craft in order for him to control these people for this length of time.
I do think D.W. Is the fall guy in all of this, he is guilty but he did not plan and implement this on his own. I very much doubt that he will implicate the others for fear of retribution to his family.

I also have questions about this cousin that worked at AIW. Were they male or female? Was their job at the consruction level or in the office?

I would think the pizza shop owner would want the sig as a form of protection in case someone later challenged it with their cc company. The delivery person did notice the house was completely dark and just the porch light was on so it does sound as though it was an unusual enough request the delivery person was uneasy. Pizza delivery people have been attacked and robbed and that was a very high-end neighborhood. I doubt they ever allow a non-sig again.

JMO

Our pizza places don't require a signature. Home depot doesn't require a signature unless the amount is over I think $50. Neither does Safeway or Giant or Walmart, although the minimums are different. I am I the DC metro, it may be different in other parts of the country.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

AND, she said she was working at another home in McLean when the fire broke out at Woodland.

Plus, in later interviews, she's made it a point to say she tried calling VF repeatedly, but she never called VF's husband to relay SS' message? Or to see if he'd been able to reach her when she (NG) could not? Would love to see NG's phone records to see how her stories match up. I'd be surprised if LE doesn't have a warrant for that still under seal. If so, why hasn't it been released like the other phone record warrants? She had extensive contact with the family/SS for up to 20 years and the day of the crime. She was called/texted more than once FROM the crime scene.

I've always wondered if "We're having some problems with Philip" (who was usually called Flip?) was SS telling NG that they were hurting PS, NOT just robbing the family, as accomplices outside the house may have believed...

Question. The SW for JW's car was issued on May 15. Court documented state that the warrant was executed on May 21. Does that mean that the car wasn't actually searched until the 21st?
The car was locked up in police impound until it was searched.

I feel like everyone glossed over this from last page:

Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
While scouring court records, I noticed on one that he actually did hold a job, at Metal Fab Inc, in 2008...after he left AIW.

I found this interesting as wed heard Wint was terminated. Maybe he just transferred to another of SS's businesses?

http://www.documentcloud.org/documen...ml#document/p1
Interesting! I think SS owned this company too http://www.metalfabulous.com

Thoughts
I think I have read all your posts on this topic and it seems you have gone from 'I think' SS owned this company to SS 'did own' this company.

I looked into this company two or three weeks ago when it was first mentioned by Robin Ficker, a previous attorney for Daron Wint. Although the company is located two or three big blocks from AIW in Hyattsville, I found no evidence that Savvas Savopoulos was at any time an owner of the company.

I do think it is possible that AIW subbed out work to MetalFab(ulous) but I found no concrete connection between the two companies.

Perhaps you have found evidence to the contrary? If so, do tell.

I also questions about this cousin that worked at AIW. Were they male or female? Was there job at the consruction level or in the office?

I do think, though, that Savvas and Amy were trying to get out a message(s) through their calls and texts, but could only do it in the most vague of ways so as not to the rouse suspicion of their captor(s). I especially feel that there was one moment when things could have gone a different way, and that was when Vera's husband came to the house on Thursday morning. I think he knew it was completely outside of the norm that his wife would have stayed over at the Savapolous' house on Wednesday night. She was a cleaner, though a housekeeping service, not a live-in housekeeper. Even if her husband was told that her phone wasn't charged, etc., he was probably still wondering what was going on, so much so that he came to the house to try to find her the next morning. I believe something did not feel right to him and he was, naturally, concerned for her welfare. Some part of him, probably, still felt like something did not feel right even when he spoke with Savvas, who told him that Vera was with Amy at the hospital but, and this is me just being speculative, I think it's hard to question what is being told to you by someone who is, ultimately, your wife's employer. What if his concern was misplaced, and she really was helping out the family and with Amy, and he called the police? Would the Savapolous' be angry with him for that, think he over-reacted, and his wife would lose her job? Perhaps he put all that concern and worry out of his mind, told himself that his wife was a nice person, trying to help out this family when they needed her, and that he was being silly and was sure she would call him when everything settled down. As said above, hindsight is 20/20 and I imagine the poor husband is just wracked with guilt for not having followed his gut and called the police.

If only Vera's husband had called LE on Wednesday night when she didn't come home, how different this whole thing might have turned out.

JMO

Who is going to hire DW as a hitman anyway? He sounds like a loose cannon. Per the show, had a hair trigger temper.
Who wants that in a hitman?

Somebody who is not very smart/can only afford a loose canon. I'm guessing pros are expensive, but fortunately have no experience in this area. :)

Thanks Skygirl, I like "just the facts, ma'am" and I hope that something I find will be seen by the right eyes (LE.) In this case, thanks to bondgirl, there may be another aspect to his working at Metal Fab Inc. If it turns out that he was there in 2008 and the division is some type of AIW affiliate or subsidiary then that significantly changes the last time that DDW was associated with a SS company. When I noted he was working in a metals job in 2008 it was mainly to show that he didn't necessarily lose his ability to work in his area of training after his 2003-2005 stint at AIW, proper. (Let's see if we can find ownership info on Metal Fab Inc for the years or time frame DDW worked there.)

The Metals Fabulous connection may hold something interesting. I recall Robin Ficker (ugh!) making a remark some time ago that police should be looking at connections with Metals Fabulous and not blame DW. I don't save stuff on Ficker so I don't have the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member