DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The suspect starts a fire in the home and the car, apparently trying to destroy evidence, but the pizza crust remained....

Thank goodness for LEOs of various agencies and affiliates, such as lab staff et al, for their hard work leading to this DNA match.

He looks a lot heavier set than the man in the video with the bucket. At least to me.

To me as well, but that's a blurry image and he is running. Or maybe that's an accomplice and not him in the video.

Would he be able to fly out of the country, being that he has a record? I'm asking, because I don't know and don't live in the US, so am not up on US law.

I don't doubt any of this because I know it was a big house and not a complete burn down...but what are the chances that a). The pizza was not destroyed by the fire? b). The pizza was not destroyed by the water used to put out the fire? Idk I just hope the pizza was in fact inside the house still and not outside in the trash. Kudos to Dominos and their fire/water proof boxes!!
Very good chances because fire was contained quickly.

Would he be able to fly out of the country, being that he has a record? I'm asking, because I don't know and don't live in the US, so am not up on US law.

If he has a passport, which I doubt, it is already toast. There is a warrant out for his arrest and the authorities will be all over that. His number is no good. He would be apprehended just trying to board a flight.

No doubt the police tried to locate him today -- at his home, family's home, etc -- and realized that he was already hiding or on the run. At that point, their next best hope is to release info to the public.

I didnt think of that. You are probably right that LE may have even tried to find him for 2 or 3 days now. Maybe the DNA came back a few days ago and maybe LE has been looking and decided to put out an APB (all points bulletin) to be on the lookout for this guy, which would pretty much have to release his name in doing that.

I saw one article where it said reward has been increased dramatically. Cant find it now. I think it said 100K reward leading to arrest + conviction of reponsible party.

they put the marathon bombers FACES out there before they were caught......I don't remember hearing their names until well after the shootout started. (on sports radio of all places.)

this guy is a criminal with a record.......do we think the family hangs around people like this for fun? and no, I don't think this guy is one of the daughters boyfriends...

You know...you are right. They didn't know - or at least say they knew - their names. Just those photos.

I can't remember...did anyone call to report who they were? Or did they just find them by sheer dumb luck of the criminals (see a pattern here?) hijacking that car...and the guy taking off at the gas station??

It is all coming back to me now...thanks for that correction!

being a felon does not automatically preclude one from holding a U.S. passport. and do we even know if ddw has prior convictions? I may have missed info if it has been posted.

edit: from mugshot site linked a few posts prior - ddw was charged two times with assault. don't know if he was convicted or not.

I think they pretty much have all your data now if you use a passport and airline ticket. NSA. At a minimum, they would be able to track the country you go to. If he tries to cross out of the USA with more than $10k in cash, he'll be in trouble. Don't ask me how I know this. (Not me. People I know. ;)

LOL...sure!!!! Fair warning! I have sent the cops to your house to make sure your story is legit :scared:

That being said, him traveling out of the country with more than $10K is the LEAST of his problems! Of course, that could be Federal charges - but multiple homicides with special circumstances (kidnapping is one, right?) far outweigh those!!

I didnt think of that. You are probably right that LE may have even tried to find him for 2 or 3 days now. Maybe the DNA came back a few days ago and maybe LE has been looking and decided to put out an APB (all points bulletin) to be on the lookout for this guy, which would pretty much have to release his name in doing that.

I saw one article where it said reward has been increased dramatically. Cant find it now. I think it said 100K reward leading to arrest + conviction of reponsible party.

BBM I saw that, too, today

Guyana according to his FB, but that's a fair distance to travel.

Now that he's been named, we can copy & paste from his FB, amirite?
Anyone have text or pix to share before they disappear? Please?

If he has a passport, which I doubt, it is already toast. There is a warrant out for his arrest and the authorities will be all over that. His number is no good. He would be apprehended just trying to board a flight.

He has had more than a 6 day head start. He could be hiding in the jungle by now! (Please don't call me ingnorant...is there jungle in Guyana?) $40K could go a long way in a place like that I would think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti