DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if LE caught up with the chap in the car that was part of the cleaning crew/waiting for his brother/a relative that was doing general cleaning at the house - seems to depend on which news report you've read, that day?

Anyone have a link to his FB page? Is it still viewable?

TIA!

It could be any number of things:
The amount of cash the company had on hand.
The amount of cash several of SS's companies had on hand.
The amount of cash the company could withdraw, combined with money in the safe.
The maximum amount of cash the company can withdraw from its various accounts in short notice.

I don't think the number was pulled out of the air. I think it was imposed by what was available.

I believe SS got this money from a bank. In the timeline of that morning it mentions he contacted a bank. Most likely to tell them to get the 40K cash ready to give to his assistant who would be picking it up.

He may have told the suspect that is all he could muster up at the time by withdrawing $10,000 per out of four accounts. Savvas knew there would be a record of this transaction even though cash was handed over to the assistant. The stupid suspect probably thought since it was cash it couldn't be traced. I do wonder if the bank had the serial numbers of the money given to the assistant?

This may have been personal accounts Savvas had on his own.

IMO

but your beef, if you're fired, is typically with your direct supervisor. Disgruntled employees tend to target people they report to and interacted with every day. Most low level employees don't interact with a CEO. Workers also rarely associate a CEO with small decisions that impact their employment. They get upset with middle management. Middle Management is who gets upset with the CEO.

This is why I feel it's possible someone at Iron Works who DID have a beef with SS, may have put out a hit and contracted a former employee (DDW) he knew had a criminal background.

It just doesn't make sense to me that DDW has a personal issue with SS and his family due to working for the company.

But after seeing the statement from the perps own father, that this idiot threatened to kill his own family previously, I believe he is a sick, troubled greedy monster. He had issues with 'family' so killing and torturing a family, for his own financial gain, sounded good to him. :mad:

It just doesn't make sense to me that DDW has a personal issue with SS and his family due to working for the company.

I think folks are looking for way too much cause and effect, which would suggest some sort of rational thinking in the head of the accused. We are talking about a man who took a family hostage and murdered them after stealing money from them. There's a lot more at play here than a revenge killing over a job dispute.

Wint was born and raised in Guyana and moved to the United States in 2000, when he was almost 20 years old, according to court records filed in Maryland. He joined the Marine Corpsthat same year and received an honorable discharge for medical reasons, the records show. Following his discharge, he worked as a certified welder, the records show.

CNN reported the last hour that he began training but did NOT finish and was therefore never a Marine. Wonder which is correct?

Now that may be a possibility she may seriously consider and will agree to make this a Federal case due to them having the death penalty although they execute people less than states do.

IMO

Even if there is a possible federal crime of transporting a stolen car over state lines -- (D.C. to Maryland) -- that crime certainly does not carry the death penalty. It looks like the most serious possible crime -- murder one -- is a state law offense for which there is no DP in D.C.

Even if there is a possible federal crime of transporting a stolen car over state lines -- (D.C. to Maryland) -- that crime certainly does not carry the death penalty. It looks like the most serious possible crime -- murder one -- is a state law offense for which there is no DP in D.C.

There may be kidnapping resulting in death. And since kidnapping a child is a federal crime, federal charges could be filed. But I don't know who would make that decision.

We don't know that they requested $40k ransom. We know that's the amount SS was able to put together on short notice. They may have asked for $100k.

I was offering that as a possible explanation as to where that number came from. If SS was bargaining with his bank, accountant and company exec for how much cash he could have delivered to his door in a few hours that all the more should have sent up major red flags than if he had asked for $40K to begin with...especially if it wasn't his MO to have large amounts of cash delivered to his private residence.

WUSA9 ‏@wusa9 25s26 seconds ago
Chief Lanier: Lots of inaccurate info being leaked to media. Unable to comment on evidence related to case. LIVE: http://on.wusa9.com/1JeJJw3

Wow is that aimed at NG?[/QU

I immediately thought "How is she going to get her :bombshell: ?" but then realized you weren't talking about Nancy G! :doh:

OTE]

Who else would it be referring to? National Geographic? :thinking:

Im guessing he told other people he was 'disonarably discharged' but in reailty he was kicked out a few days in to basic training.

I don't think this was revenge against this family. this guy has a violent past as both a burglar and a rapist. so violence and money seem to motivate him......not revenge.

There may be kidnapping resulting in death. And since kidnapping a child is a federal crime, federal charges could be filed. But I don't know who would make that decision.

Kidnapping a child is only a federal crime if the child is transported across state lines. If the child is not transported over state lines it's a state crime.

Only one conviction for misdemeanor assault:

...That was in 2008, and Wint was sentenced in March 2009 to 30 days in jail, which was suspended, online court records show. He has faced charges of domestic violence, driving without a license and insurance, theft and in other cases of assault. Most cases were either not pursued by prosectors or he was found not guilty, the records show.

<snip>

In one 2010 incident in Prince George&#8217;s, Wint allegedly threatened to kill a woman and her 2-year-old daughter. He was accused of busting the front windshield and rear window of her car before breaking into her Cheverly apartment and stealing a 43 inch TV.

Court papers said the incident began when Wint and the woman were returning home from a nightclub and Wint was &#8220;extremely intoxicated using profanity toward her and her friends.&#8221; Wint later called the woman and threatened her, saying he was &#8220;good with a knife&#8221; and was not scared of police.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...707c0c-ffa7-11e4-833c-a2de05b6b2a4_story.html

I wish I had something compelling to share. All I want to say is this is one of the most heinous and disturbing crimes I have ever encountered.
I pray something positive can come out of this someday.
I am holding the victims and their families in the light and may they find solace.

I completely agree and pray today we hear the suspect(s) have been arrested. I just want to hear they got them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOLLYMOORE73