DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to go back and read that whole pizza exchange again. It is very confusing. I will when I get to the end of the afternoon testimony and try to clarify what I wrote.

- Ago (defense) said that there was no surveillance video from the neighborhood showing someone consistent with Wint, Detective Owens answered that he had not viewed any.
- Ago insinuated that Wint's brother was in the convoy truck, and prosecution objected, it was sustained so the detective did not confirm it.

Wint had spoken to a detective who had advised him to turn himself in

I've read through the whole morning session:
SS DID tell the AIW employee that he needed the $40K for an equipment auction, so I owe someone many threads back an apology, since I thought that the idea that a CEO would take $40K in cash to an equipment auction was patently absurd :)

Edited by me to respond to this alone. I didn't doubt SS said that, but I too, from the beginning balked at anyone having to use that much cash for an auction. I also couldn't see where he would had time to attend an auction if the opening was a day away.

I do appreciate that Ms. Bach stated for the record that W-1 has been "vilified in the media".

Edited by me to respond to this alone. I didn't doubt SS said that, but I too, from the beginning balked at anyone having to use that much cash for an auction. I also couldn't see where he would had time to attend an auction if the opening was a day away.

I do appreciate that Ms. Bach stated for the record that W-1 has been "vilified in the media".

I do too

Page 131 states W1 whereabouts on May 13-14 have been verified. It's stated earlier there is no connection between JW and DW

- Ago (defense) said that there was no surveillance video from the neighborhood showing someone consistent with Wint, Detective Owens answered that he had not viewed any.
- Ago insinuated that Wint's brother was in the convoy truck, and prosecution objected, it was sustained so the detective did not confirm it.

- According to Det. Owens, Wint had contacted a detective to ask what was going on and the detective advised him to turn himself in.
- Both his girlfriend and his brother contacted DC police and said Wint wanted to turn himself in.
- He did not know the people in the convoy, other than his brother, prior to that night (?)
- Police were directing the convoy (or at least the car with Wint in it) to where he could turn himself in, but marshalls nabbed the convoy first.

- When shown a picture of the text message from JW to W-2 Det. Owens said that the text was sent at 9:57, not 9:00 as he had said earlier.

the exchange went like this:
JW: My job is insane
W-2: WTF?
JW: That's the package I had to pick up?
W-2: What is it for?
JW: I guess this auction?
W-2: Damn, I wonder how much it is?
JW: 40?

Unclear whether the question marks were the transcriber's because of the inflection of the prosecution, or if those are quotes.

Bach also said through questioning that it was a letter pertaining to the Mosler registration not the actual registration that JW had

You guys are spoiling me, getting to the good stuff w/o me having to read 155 pages... :tyou:

Defense seems to be insinuating that Wint's brother was responsible instead of Wint in his closing argument (at least trying to create reasonable doubt).

Dogs were found outside, so if perp kept them in the basement, he had to have let them out before the fire.

Gee, a spark of something there. I wouldn't use the words 'humanity' or 'compassion', and it's certainly not a redeeming quality for him. Nothing can redeem that one.

Ah...protecting another witness? A witness who may have had custody of the cell phones. A witness who told police he got the money from DW.

The boot print came from a firefighter who was injured that day at SS home so footwear wasn't immediately available

He certainly was vilified.

thank you!!!!
I cannot wait to read it.
I bet RKF would share her dropbox to distribute it.
I think to find out about the TOS, it's best to directly PM a moderator (sillybilly has been here recently), since they don't always sit on the thread and read every post.

:waiting:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members