DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
DC Mansion Murders Suspect's Former Cellmate Told Investigators Someone Else Was Involved

Sep 7, 2018

A former cellmate of the D.C. mansion murders suspect told investigators another person was involved in the brutal crime, according to court documents.

That inmate, listed as Witness 92, shared a cell with Daron Wint for eight days and wrote two letters to the U.S. attorney’s office, according to the documents. He told prosecutors another person was involved in the kidnapping, torture and murders of Savvas Savopoulos, 46; his wife, Amy, 47; their 10-year-old son, Philip, and housekeeper Veralicia Figueroa, 57.

Investigators looked into that person, even swabbing for DNA, but preliminary results showed there wasn’t a match to the crime scene, the documents said.

DC Mansion Murders Suspect's Cellmate Suggested 2nd Suspect

It’s not clear if Witness 92 or any other convicted felon will testify for the prosecution, but jurors were asked if they could believe a witness who is guilty of a crime and will get a reduced sentence for testifying.

By noon Friday, the jury was selected. There are 12 jurors and four alternates. Seven are women, nine are men. Nine are white, and seven are minorities.

Why won't DW reveal if there was another participant (if there was one), Family member/code amongst criminals?
I can't imagine much bargaining leverage for a plea to reveal, I mean, it was one of the most brutal crimes, ever!

I remember hearing that one of them was tortured with a martial arts sword and assuming it was Savvas - apparently it was actually his precious little boy. Wonder if DW did that before or after setting the helpless child on fire.

This crime was unbelievably disturbing and the trial probably will be as well.

Trial in 2015 quadruple slaying of Savopoulos family members, housekeeper set to begin
Savvas and Amy Savopoulos were both beaten with a baseball bat and stabbed, according to the court papers. Her right middle finger was bruised, injuries consistent with her attacker trying to pull a ring off, prosecutors wrote in court papers.

Authorities think Philip Savopoulos was stabbed with a sword, probably the sword his father kept as part of his martial arts collection.

Figueroa had been stabbed in the neck but had the fewest injuries. Medical examiners concluded she had a history of heart disease and probably suffered a heart attack during the incident, according to court documents...

Trial in 2015 quadruple slaying of Savopoulos family members, housekeeper set to begin

Prosecutors and defense attorneys will finally present their theories in Mansion Murders case

UPDATED: SEP 10 2018 05:29PM EDT

WASHINGTON - In D.C. Superior Court on Tuesday, a jury of nine men and seven woman will finally hear the evidence against the man accused of killing three members of a wealthy D.C. family and their housekeeper more than three years ago.

Savvas Savopoulos, his wife Amy, their son Philip and the family’s housekeeper, Vera Figueroa, were found beaten, strangled and stabbed to death inside the family's Northwest D.C. mansion in May 2015.

Starting at 10 a.m. Tuesday, a veil may be lifted on many of the baffling questions in this troubling case. [BBM]

Prosecutors will lay out their case in an opening statement telling jurors their theory on how the suspect, Daron Wint, got to the Savopoulos’ house and what happened over the next 14 hours before the house was set on fire.

The defense will then have its turn at convincing the jury that Wint is not guilty. They have already informed the court it has evidence someone else was involved.
Prosecutors and defense attorneys will finally present their theories in Mansion Murders case

Father of DC mansion quadruple murder suspect says his son should 'suffer the consequences' for 'heartless' crime if found guilty
  • Dennis Wint said in a statement it pains him that his son is charged
  • Mr Wint doesn't discuss whether his son, Daron, is guilty or innocent
  • Daron is charged with murdering the Savopoulos family and their maid
  • Their obituary describes how devoted to each other they were
By TED THORNHILL FOR MAILONLINE and WILLS ROBINSON FOR DAILYMAIL.COM andASSOCIATED PRESS

Authorities say in court papers that they believe others were involved. Wint is the only person charged currently.
DC murder suspect Daron Wint's father says son should 'suffer the consequences' | Daily Mail Online

Why won't DW reveal if there was another participant (if there was one), Family member/code amongst criminals?
I can't imagine much bargaining leverage for a plea to reveal, I mean, it was one of the most brutal crimes, ever!
According to jail house snitch, DW named a co-conspirator to him but alleged person's DNA did could not be linked to the crime. This is the most baffling case to this day. Can't believe the victims and families are finally going to get justice.

If there is a co-conspirator, I think it was someone in the work truck, caught with him at the Hotel, with the Money etc. I think those were his brothers or cousins?

I can see why he might not rat out his relatives or good friends. That's why I don't think that kid who was Savvas's driver was the accomplice. DW would have turned him in, if it could help him in any way. But he might not do so if it was his close relative.

If there is a co-conspirator, I think it was someone in the work truck, caught with him at the Hotel, with the Money etc. I think those were his brothers or cousins?

I can see why he might not rat out his relatives or good friends. That's why I don't think that kid who was Savvas's driver was the accomplice. DW would have turned him in, if it could help him in any way. But he might not do so if it was his close relative.
On July 31, the witness that saw AS vehicle being drive erratically said she saw a photo of JW (Savvas driver) on TV and suddenly decided he resembled the driver of the car. It seemed to me that the Defense pranced on JW immediately thereafter knowing that they had no DNA on the alleged co-conspirator fingered by snitch.

I believe that both LE and Prosecutor ruled out the driver JW very early in the investigation. There was so much vitriol against that guy in the beginning that I think he has/had real security issues. As far as him lying to police about the money exchange initially, I think he was scared sh__less; his boss and family brutally murdered in horrific manner. Whether he's a witness for the Prosecution will only be revealed at trial. Agree that his brother or cousin, or and any of the other persons in the van/truck are the alleged accomplices here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500