DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would really like to know what the Assistant looks like. I know we can't sleuth him/her but I am just curious.

100% agree with this entire post. I sense there was naivete involved on the part of SS...either he was far too trusting or there was a reason he had certain personalities in his employ. Perhaps someone completely outside of or in charge of the people currently involved was coercing him long before this final act.

I am starting to wonder about the Virgin Islands hedge fund (also registered to an address in Chantilly, VA) and the martial arts studio. It is not impossible that he was very entrepreneurial, but the combo of CEO in the construction business, investor and owner of a martial arts studio and managing director of an off-shore hedge fund is making me think, "hmmmm," about him and the people around him. MOO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that ends up being true... oh man such a hideous crime for 10k...it'll be the most senseless think ever. :(

sent from my mobile using tapatalk

That would be beyond pathetic!

So on Wed, he did not drive SS home.

I don't think that is clear.

I believe the Wednesday in the article is the week after the murders, when the reporter tried to call W1. SS called him at 11:54 on the Thursday when the fire was set. Does LE know what was said between SS and W1? I wonder how he got home if W1 drove him to work that morning. If W1 didn't drive him home, how did he get home? How did NG get home, because IIRC, she said she was at the house Wednesday and rode in to the studio with him Wednesday morning. If true, how did she get to the Savopoulos home that morning? What car did they take to the studio that morning? A Porsche 911 has back seats, but they are VERY small and uncomfortable. Would they take a car where one person had to sit all squished up in the back when they could have taken one of the others?

That would be beyond pathetic!

I believe anything can happen in this case... it's definitely the most weird I ever seen. :( 40k is already pathetic enough. :(

sent from my mobile using tapatalk

It hasn't been explicitly stated by LE, but I think W1 lied about knowing about the money. I think W1 told LE he was only supposed to pick up an envelope from AIW and he didn't know what was in it to give the impression he had no knowledge of the money nor lead time to be involved.
So, we have about a one and a half hour time frame where we (the public) have no idea where the driver/assistant was on the day of the fire 5/14/2015. We know he already had possession of the money by 9:00 AM. Then he drives over to NW DC to deliver the money. That would take about a half hour, maybe. (estimate 9:30 AM.) From Woodley Park, one can easily pop down Mass Ave to Arizona AVe, to Canal Rd to I-495 and pop onto I-66 and be in Chantilly in probably 35 mins. Or after getting on I-495 he can take the Dulles Toll RD (Local Lanes) all the way to RT 28 and be in the West end of Chantilly in about the same amount of time...much fewer lights. Then we have him in the home improvement store from 11:30-Noon. Between 10:00 AM and 11:30 AM we are not privy to his whereabouts.

Are all the family owned companies privately held? Or are some public companies? TIA to anyone that can answer.

As for who can and cannot withdraw funds from the accounts...that would all be up to the owner of the company. We own a large company and noone but family would ever have access to our bank accounts or our safe deposit boxes. The only cash employees have access to is cash that is deposited daily from receipts.

How did W1/the driver/assistant travel to and from his home in Baltimore and the Savopoulos home to pick up/drop off SS each day? Did he drive one of the cars, possibly parking it in his own neighborhood each night? Might attract attention. Or did he drive his own car to DC and leave it for the day? He would need a residential parking pass to leave it on the street, but I guess he could leave it in their driveway.

AND...as for the money orders.. That really makes no sense. Money orders are much easier to track than cash. IMO

But it's not in the garage, so were there two red cars and one is missing? Was the Audi in the driveway in the garage during the murder/fire?

Are all the family owned companies privately held? Or are some public companies? TIA to anyone that can answer.

As for who can and cannot withdraw funds from the accounts...that would all be up to the owner of the company. We own a large company and noone but family would ever have access to our bank accounts or our safe deposit boxes. The only cash employees have access to is cash that is deposited daily from receipts.

Of the three I know of (construction, martial arts, hedge fund) all are privately held.

When on Thursday did news break that the Porsche was missing, anyone know? I am wondering if that is why he ended up torching it.
IIRC, it was fairly early like in the first news conference with Chief Lanier...it was a very few hours later (5:00 or 5:15ish) that it was torched which drew the PCFD to the scene and a fairly quick ID as the missing Porche.

He probably did. I just didn't know if it was established as fact. The charging docs just said he located a key, and I didn't know if that meant it was supposedly on his person or elsewhere.

I assumed that they kept the keys in the garage, for easy access to whoever wanted to drive a car that day. The garage would have keypad/remote entry. Of course, I am just assuming, so take it for what it's worth. :rolleyes:

I have scoured the Internet for announcements about a grand opening of a martial arts studio/center in chantilly, va and have found nothing. Anyone else have any luck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a martial arts friend of SS who mentioned it on his facebook page right after the murders. He even had a pic of SS putting down mats in the new place. I can not find it now :( It was in the first thread.

It looked dark outside in the video of the car on fire. Doesn't get dark in California until sometime after 8 pm at this time of the year.
That was the Black smoke that made it look dark.

So, we have about a one and a half hour time frame where we (the public) have no idea where the driver/assistant was on the day of the fire 5/14/2015. We know he already had possession of the money by 9:00 AM. Then he drives over to NW DC to deliver the money. That would take about a half hour, maybe. (estimate 9:30 AM.) From Woodley Park, one can easily pop down Mass Ave to Arizona AVe, to Canal Rd to I-495 and pop onto I-66 and be in Chantilly in probably 35 mins. Or after getting on I-495 he can take the Dulles Toll RD (Local Lanes) all the way to RT 28 and be in the West end of Chantilly in about the same amount of time...much fewer lights. Then we have him in the home improvement store from 11:30-Noon. Between 10:00 AM and 11:30 AM we are not privy to his whereabouts.

I'd have to question those estimates. DC traffic is notoriously bad at almost all times of day.* I-66 in particular, is almost always a parking lot. Even going against traffic, I'd have to say Woodley Park to Chantilly is at least 45 minutes. The trip from Hyattsville to Woodley Park would be during late rush hour and with inbound DC traffic, so I would estimate that as at least 45 minutes, too.

Plus, he's a young guy, and it wouldn't surprise me if he stopped somewhere to pick up something to eat.

*My commute, just going from my home in NW DC to downtown DC (6.8 miles) is rarely less than 50 minutes. It's a crawl.

:thinking:

Many think that this began before 6 pm. Interesting that the other "long term employee" said last he saw SS was when he left to go home perhaps from Chantilly when wife called him. There is no POLICE documentation that the other maid usually left at 3 pm, but assuming this was the case. If she did usually leave at 3 pm, then this all began before she was to leave? :moo: :thinking: Therefore, why do the police think/stated in charging documents this offense began after 6 pm (when ??? the driver dropped him off - NOT PROVEN THOUGH)? instead of when the housekeeper was to leave at 3 pm? :thinking: Perhaps this is what they can NAIL down now, and will adjust later as to the timing?

View attachment 75128
http://www.scribd.com/doc/266278174/Daron-Dylon-Wint-Charging-Documents

Someone else said it could be because the charging documents are only for the murder of SS. Perhaps the events began earlier, but SS had not yet been abducted/held hostage.

As an aside, early on NG said that Mrs. F said she wanted to work on Wednesday so she could leave early at 3 pm, but I've seen other places that Mrs. F's usual departure time was 3 pm. Why would Mrs. F ask to work on a day she usually works so she could get off at the same time she usually got off? I can't figure out how it makes sense for NG to tell this story to MSM. Anybody have any ideas?

Hello Websleuthers! I'm a longtime lurker on this board for years. Thank you Moderator for approving me.

I believe the longtime maid, Nelly Gutierrez, and the driver are complicit in this crime along with Daron Wint and others. The text and phone calls from the Savopoulos' to the maid were probably to provide her with an alibi to explain why she didn't show up for work on Thursday.

My theory is based on the following:

Lie #1: W-1 (the driver) stated he received a call from Savvas Savoupoulos (SS) on Thursday morning, May 14, instructing him to meet an employee at American Iron Works to pick up "a package".

In reality, he received a text from SS on Wednesday, May 13 instructing him to meet the employee on Thursday morning at the office.

Lie #2: W-1 said he received the $40,000 from the other employee inside a manila envelope. He said he then drove to the house and placed the manila envelope in the red car in the garage.

When pressed by detectives, W-1 changed his story to say he retrieved the $40,000 from the employee's pockets and he placed the cash in a red bag which belonged to W-1. This means W-1 brought the red bag with him. W-1 then drove to the residence and placed the cash in a manila envelope that was already in the red car.

Maybe W-1 lied about the red bag because he knew he sent W-2 a photo of $20,000 in cash inside a red bag at 9 a.m. on Thursday?

The affidavit stated that only one of the bundles of cash in the photo had a bank wrapper on it. But the other employee said all 4 bundles of cash were wrapped in bank wrappers.

Lie #3: W-1 stated the red car was locked when he went into the garage. He said he retrieved a key to unlock the red car. He later changed his story to say the car was already unlocked when he arrived.

Did he perhaps unlock the blue Porsche for Wint (or an accomplice), and he got the 2 cars mixed up?

Detectives spoke with W-2 -- who I think is the longtime maid, Nelly Gutierrez (NG). She showed police a photo sent to her via text by W-1. The photo showed a red bag containing only $20,000. That photo is damning. Why would W-1 text a photo of the money to the maid? Was he letting her know that the $20,000 was their cut?

Websleuthers are confusing W-2 for the other employee. The other employee is never referred to as W-2 in the affidavit.

W2 is not mentioned until page 5 of the affidavit.

[Edit]

When Wint was captured in D.C. on Thursday, the fugitive task force found money orders totaling a little over $10,000 inside the box truck that was driven by Wint's brother. They also found a wad of hundreds stuffed in the side door of the box truck.

This is consistent with $20,000 -- not $40,000 -- that Wint (or an accomplice) took out of the red car. W1 and W2 probably kept the other $20,000 for themselves.

I believe the tragic events began to unfold much earlier than police say they did.

Banks require more than 24 hours advanced notice to prepare large cash withdrawals. The Bank of America I bank with won't allow large same-day withdrawals. But what if Savvas requested $100,000? Maybe the bank manager made an exception for Savvas and gave W-1 $40,000?

Maybe W1 and W2 shorted Wint $20K, which sparked his murderous rampage? Maybe that's why they need police protection?

We know W1 didn't lie about the bank. The other employee confirmed that part of the story to the police. The bank manager could confirm also. The affidavit would have stated that W-1 lied about the bank.

Did SS called W1 at 11:54 a.m. because the bag was $20K short?

Finally, Philip stayed home from school on Wednesday. Maybe someone was in the house holding the family captive Wednesday morning?

My apologies for such a lengthy post.

Someone else said it could be because the charging documents are only for the murder of SS. Perhaps the events began earlier, but SS had not yet been abducted/held hostage.

As an aside, early on NG said that Mrs. F said she wanted to work on Wednesday so she could leave early at 3 pm, but I've seen other places that Mrs. F's usual departure time was 3 pm. Why would Mrs. F ask to work on a day she usually works so she could get off at the same time she usually got off? I can't figure out how it makes sense for NG to tell this story to MSM. Anybody have any ideas?

I've always wondered if NG gave her a choice of working at the S's or somewhere else where she would've had to work later than 3 and Mrs. F asked to work at the S's so she could get off earlier?

Welcome FerrariRose! Do you have a link for the article where NG said that these deliveries happened weekly? I remember reading it and I've been trying to find it for days with no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther