DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking the same thing. She didn't know anything about any money delivery (because nothing was scheduled anyway, money was ransom money and not a scheduled delivery). She found out from the press because they were asking her if she knew about the money.
She then called the assistant and he confirmed he delivered the money. She then started telling reporters she knew about the money. Then she also told reporters she didn't know about the money (which she didn't originally).
But anything that comes from her, you have to guess what she means.

This would mean she (or someone else) would have had to talk to JW after the day before the murders.

Houses built in 1918 didn't typically have attached garages right? Garage would be newer. My thought was a previous owner of the home may have installed a safe in the garage
Or SS could have had it installed...we just don't know

Just for clarification, house was built in 1928.

This could be a real slip up for JW if key to Mosler are indeed kept in the safe. He would then HAVE TO have the combination, and if not... Hmmm who opened the car.
maybe that's why he back tracked his story, car was unlocked? Can't wait to get more information.

I just reread the CD and I think it is a huge slip-up. It says there was no visible trace of the envelope or money inside the car. That sounds like they were looking in thru the windows. I think they are still looking for the Mosler key to open the door and it is probably in that safe.

JMO

Thank you for that link. I had not seen all those pictures and though they were very difficult to look at I looked at every one in honor of Phillip. One thing I will take away from that viewing , besides overwhelming and reoccurring sadness, is that it made me glad to know that Phillip had so much love and so many fun and interesting experiences in his short life. May the surviving family members and friends find at least a bit of comfort in that someday. God be with them all as they travel this "valley of the shadow".

Like you, I looked at each one of those pictures of Flip/Phillip with a sense of "honoring his memory". The one that crushed me was the one of him looking on at the little box turtle that he placed on a skateboard. I just imagine the conversation he must have had around giving that turtle some speed, and then how someone (his mom, dad or maybe a sister) deciding to take a picture of it. Such normalcy. For all their wealth, these pics show that they were such a normal family. And some poor family member had to pour over those photos and decide which ones to include in each of their obits, all 3 of them. What a terrible task.

I just reread the CD and I think it is a huge slip-up. It says there was no visible trace of the envelope or money inside the car. That sounds like they were looking in thru the windows. I think they are still looking for the Mosler key to open the door and it is probably in that safe.

JMO

That was put in the CD to show that DDW took the ransom money. So he could be arrested on Felony Murder.

Maybe not 24/7 but they could be making rounds. I don't know why investigators would want them there when they are going through the evidence. Or they could have bribed a neighbor to call them when something is happening.

anyone remember the webcams on the Anthony house 24/7? and the Drew Peterson media outside his house? Big story Big money JMOO

I'm sure he must, one was his brother. Maybe it was just an attempt to distance himself from others. (acting like he doesn't know them) or only knows them by street names. Attornies pffffffft

Or JW isn't involved so wint doesn't know the names of W1 and his girlfriend W2. Also, who is W3? I think the protection is for JW and his girl. The less the defendant and his friends or backers know about them, the safer the witnesses will be.

ETA:
Ummm a hearty DOH! *slapping my forehead* - of course wint knew JW's name since SS called him! He doesn't know the girlfriend, but he would presumably also know the senior employee at AIW.

Now I've confused myself even more. :/

I just came across this video. Somewhere around 2.42 you can see the safe in the background. Appears to me something like a ball cap hanging on the door of it.

[video=youtube;uDeloP56nrs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDeloP56nrs[/video]

Or JW isn't involved so wint doesn't know the names of W1 and his girlfriend W2. Also, who is W3? I think the protection is for JW and his girl. The less the defendant and his friends or backers know about them, the safer the witnesses will be.

They are asking for the names of the people that were with Wint when he was arrested. Either he's not talking, he doesn't know their names or he's acting like he doesn't know them.

If they are trying to get into the car...all they have to do is get Mosler to give them a new key. I think they just need a vin #. Or as Katie above stated....call a locksmith

Do you often ask for $40K at a time in cash? Just curious...

And OK...but that wouldn't be true.

No I have not. But I have been involved with an annual Blues Festival that lasts all weekend for several years. We usually start with a change fund of $20K to open it on Friday night to supply vendors and the gate. I am not trying to go off topic. I just believe there is something hinky about the money transaction as has been described that's all.

JMO's

That was put in the CD to show that DDW took the ransom money. So he could be arrested on Felony Murder.

DW wasn't charged with robbery or receiving extortion money. I think it was placed in the CD to alert DW that JW said he placed all the money there.

JMO

Honestly, I have not heard anyone speculate about W1. My good friends and members of our community have all been in mourning for AS, SS, & PS. PS was a classmate of my child for many years, and it has been very hard on the children. We are all going through the stages of grieving and people have refrained from speculating, they are letting LE do their job. The only people I know who would be knowledgable about the W1 situation, would be the family who are taking care of the girls, and they are protecting those girls and doing everything they can to help the girls work through their extraordinary loss. Needless to say, I cannot imagine asking them, and I know they are talking to anyone about the case. They are 150% invested in helping the girls heal.

<modsnip>

Such an awful thing for you and especially your child to have to deal with. Not sure how a ten year old can even begin to process such a thing seeing how it's almost beyond comprehension for adults.

<modsnip>

I wonder what all it would mean if the Mosler is currently locked. We know they've moved other cars to the lab, but I don't think they've moved the Mosler.

Throughout this whole past school year, the block of Garfield from Mass down to Reno (at the Belgian Embassy), and the block of Reno from the Garfield intersection towards nearly as far as Woodley, there have been scores of construction guys in fluorescent vests slowing/stopping traffic, frequently at various intervals on most weekdays, due to STA's massive renovation of the sports facilities. The junction of Reno and Garfield, right next to the Belgian Embassy, is a block west of where Woodland opens onto Garfield, which is one, curved, short block from Philip's home. So yeah, there was no work on the roads directly adjacent to his home, but those guys in vests have been toiling just a stone's throw away. It would be very easy to don a vest and pretend to be one of those fellows taking a stroll during a lunch break, or to don a vest and sit in a truck, looking like you're on standby until your vehicle is called to STA's sports fields.

As someone who lives near and spends a great deal of time on The Close (aka the grounds of the National Cathedral to people outside of the community ), I 100% agree with everything point you made.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member