Identified! DC - Washington, WhtFem 1316UFDC, 45-60, found in her apt, Apr'06 - Name not found

The article from the Post states that the actual tenant of the apartment took in the homeless woman 10 years prior, so about 1996, but never asked her name!

Don't think we'll figure this one out. We're talented and tenacious, but if the woman didn't tell anyone her name for 10 years, ther's precious little to work with!

:seeya:

This is absolutely not the same woman. The article I read goes on to say: Perhaps the most unusual thing about the woman found dead on Nov. 5, 2014, in the Connecticut Avenue apartment is that she had a roommate of several years. Richard David Vail, now deceased, told authorities that they had been living together for 10 years, but he didn’t know her name, according to Vail’s brother, James.

Just look at the death date.

http://wtop.com/news/2015/07/police-keep-looking-for-answers-to-unidentified-remains/

This is absolutely not the same woman. The article I read goes on to say: Perhaps the most unusual thing about the woman found dead on Nov. 5, 2014, in the Connecticut Avenue apartment is that she had a roommate of several years. Richard David Vail, now deceased, told authorities that they had been living together for 10 years, but he didn’t know her name, according to Vail’s brother, James.

Just look at the death date.

http://wtop.com/news/2015/07/police-keep-looking-for-answers-to-unidentified-remains/

I've got a real bad habit of not reading things. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Frannie....I failed to notice the date discrepancy.

I can't seem to figure out how to edit the dang post (though I've edited a thousand posts over my time here!!!) - mods could you remove it?

There's another thread I've been on that this reminded me of. Actually, I thought this could have been a duplicate of that one until I saw that it was just added to DoeNet.

The other case I was thinking of involved a guy that befriended a homeless woman and let her live in an apartment of his. Since he let her stay there as a friend, there wasn't any legal/paperwork stuff done. She died a while later and since she didn't have any ID's or anything like that, she was then a UID. Who died in "her" apartment, in a way.

I'm replying to my own post because I found the thread I was talking about. It's actually one of the "suggestions" at the bottom of this thread's pages. The event/death happened more recently but had a thread started before this one was.

DC DC - Washington, WhtFem UP13115, 45-65, found in residence, Nov'14
*When I tried to see the NamUS profile, it's doing that "permission error" thing. Wonder if she's been ID'ed. It isn't mentioned anywhere on her thread.

Hi everyone, I heard from Dr. Rob at the medical examiner's office and was told this Jane Doe was identified, she just hasn't had time to update the Namus page but will be doing so shortly.

Which Jane doe? The 2014 one or the other one who eerily died on Connecticut Ave and was 45-65 but no one knew?

Which Jane doe? The 2014 one or the other one who eerily died on Connecticut Ave and was 45-65 but no one knew?

The one found April of 2006...case 06-00957.

I just tried to call her back to ask if this is or related to the 2014 Doe but it went to voicemail.

Both stories are too similar (and weird) for this not to be the same person.

That is mind boggling that not one but two Jane does were found dead in some random apartment on Connecticut Ave and both were between 45-65.

The one found April of 2006...case 06-00957.

I just tried to call her back to ask if this is or related to the 2014 Doe but it went to voicemail.

Both stories are too similar (and weird) for this not to be the same person.

I agree....it would be great to know if these two cases are really one in the same.

Her Namus page is down...did anyone catch the post mortem? Was it similar to the 2006 Doe?

I couldn't find any post mortem for the 2006 Jane Doe. I have also noticed that she was only entered on the missing site in October 2016.

Her Namus page is down...did anyone catch the post mortem? Was it similar to the 2006 Doe?

Watch the video posted in message 31 within this link to see a picture of the 2014 Jane Doe.: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?263124-DC-Washington-WhtFem-UP13115-45-65-found-in-residence-Nov-14

We don't have a photo of the 2006 Jane Doe however, there is a sketch in the first message in this string.

Comparing their Namus files (the file for the 2014 Jane Doe appears to be gone so perhaps she has been identified?)

2006 Jane Doe
Height: 4' 9"
Weight: 131 lbs
Hair: Grey, 4 to 5 inches long; straight
Eyes: Brown

2014 Jane Doe
Height: 5' 0"
Weight: 66 lbs
Hair: Grey, short loose curls
Eyes: Green

Comparing the postmortem picture to the sketch they don't seem to be the same woman....in my humble opinion anyways....

I spoke to the medical examiner's office again. Jane Doe 2006 and 2014 are NOT the same woman, but both have been identified. It was just an odd coincidence.

(Side note, Dr Rob is extremely nice. She said she appreciates people like us who check Namus and review cases :D)

[emoji32][emoji32]

Glad to hear they've been identified and hope that it's provided some closure for their families.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled
Back