DCF Shelter Hearings

Discussion in 'Dr. Teresa Sievers' started by MsJosie, Feb 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oregonmama

Oregonmama Well-Known Member

That's standard to have all these hearings when social services is involved. They might end their custody of the girls if the judge rules in Mary's favor re her petition . Hopefully, a lawyer can chime in but I have had lawyers consolidate cases if they intertwine with each other. Mary's temp custody petition and DCF's case.

2. silversurvivor

silversurvivor Active Member

Oh thank god they are now safe with their grandmother. My mother would have done the same. I would do the same. Whatever it takes. I feel such relief for them in the midst of such chaos to be with her must be soothing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

3. Dmacky

Dmacky Well-Known Member

Shout out to Cheydako01 who actually posted this heads up
    about TS's moms petition before anyone else on Wednesday 03-23-2016 at 08:57 PM

I didn't hear or see anything on WS or any news about the hearing yesterday. Cheydako had an Attached Thumbnail that had all the info about Mary Ann Groves petition on Wednesday night.
    Unfortunately, I didn't see her post until yesterday afternoon, and that's where I got my info about MS's new attorney and TS's mom.

She deserves the credit, but somehow her post was overlooked.
    Thank you Cheydako!! You are appreciated.
    Welcome to the forum ~

4. Daisydo

Daisydo Member

I am so thrilled to hear that the girls are with TS' Mother. Do we know if anyone else petitioned for temporary custody i.e. BS?

5. Cheydako01

Cheydako01 New Member

You're welcome DMacky. I've been here since the beginning with the gang but very rarely post. I only posted this after I saw that none of the regulars had picked it up yet. No thanks are necessary. I'm just so happy that the legal process is moving forward in the direction that is best for the girls at this time. Back to lurking.

6. Frigga

Frigga New Member

Too bad- lol- thanks are in order Cheydako01! Thank you so much- please keep posting- Frigga

7. makayla

makayla Well-Known Member

This is wonderful news - God bless those precious girls! :loveyou:

8. Greater Than

Greater Than <b><span style="color:#000099;">WS Senior Moderato

Absolutely not.

DCF would've had to first complete a home study on TS's mother and then get the judge's approval before the girls could change shelters.

But yes, their shelter status with her now will definitely assist with her obtaining temporary custody. I am so glad she was willing and able to make such sacrifices for the girls. I would not feel comfortable with BS having them. Jmo

9. Greater Than

Greater Than <b><span style="color:#000099;">WS Senior Moderato

April 18 - arraignment
    June 21 - judicial review

Dependency court holds several judicial reviews until reunification (heaven forbid) or permanency is obtained.

10. Dmacky

Dmacky Well-Known Member

Not according to court records as of yesterday. I haven't checked today.

11. human

human Well-Known Member

Taking children away from parents is not an easy process. There are so many fake stories on the net about the ease that children are taken from their parents,

12. msboo

msboo Well-Known Member

So much back & forth speculation on if they are OR are not with TS mom.

Question: since not in court records when you last checked, do you think the courts have kept this under the radar due to all the havoc MS creates over custody vs the effect on the kids?

I wondered if that's why there was that seemingly senseless hearing, already on the schedule anyway, which appeared that DCF didn't due their job, MS had not been served, etc WHEN it 'looks' like after the fact (hearing) that the kids were currently with their grandmother in her Estero home.

Fingers crossed---they're with her.
    EDIT: sorry... guess I wasn't paying close attn to what I read here----blame it on doing taxes... LOL OK, soooo the girls are with her for sure. Still wonder about that 'senseless' hearing.

13. irishchook

irishchook Member

I agree. Same traits, same manipulation tactics. Very textbook.

14. irishchook

irishchook Member

I noticed on the video (1:45) they included a clip of the girls speaking to LE, as MS was being arrested.

15. irishchook

irishchook Member

Do you think that DCF not serving him was a tactic in getting MG as guardian?

16. irishchook

irishchook Member

Just saw this post. Missed it before my question.

17. MsArk

MsArk Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness!
    One cannot just leave this topic for a few days... never know when big news is going to break!
    Thank goodness MG has the girls now! Bless MG's heart, (yes, I'm southern but I mean that in the truest sense of the meaning). I known we are all sending emotional, spiritual and physical strength as they face the coming days/weeks/probably years as this thing drags on.
    She has so much on her plate with helping the girls, coming to terms with her SIL virtually killing her beloved daughter.
    The girls are in a good place now, with family that loves them and no doubt, will do everything in their power to help them heal.
    Best news in a long time in this senseless tragedy.

18. irishchook

irishchook Member

I think you mean SIL [emoji6]

19. Oregonmama

Oregonmama Well-Known Member

I'm sure I will get blasted by a poster for saying this but yes, I think it was a tactic. I have personally done this when I worked as an intern under a caseworker. So much has to be done in a short time. Pretty sure I will get blasted by saying that but it's the truth. Unless someone works in that environment, they would understand it's pure adrenalin to get things done quick and precisely .

This case is unusual since so many ppl have stepped up to be a guardian. Highly unusual in my experience of having minor children given to the paternal side when a child's mother was hurt or killed. I'm not saying that all paternal sides are bad either.

A lot of backgrounds checks are done and all these ppl need several references from different time periods in their life. It's very complicated. And no, the judge doesn't have to approve different placements under DCF's custody status. Permanent custody is different and that is up to the court under the agency's recommendations.

20. MsArk

MsArk Well-Known Member

SIL-- son-in-law. Isn't that what I wrote?

ETA- I suppose SIL could also mean sister in law, but since we all know MS is MG's son in law... Oh well. Never mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.