Identified! DE - Bear, WhtFem 16-25, UP7097, pregnant, in laundry bag, Mar'67 - NamUs removed

I think that they will probably not do an announcement bc of the abortion connection. There's a lot of crazy people who might harass the Patmios family and just say horrible things if they believe she had an abortion.
Might be a case where the name is best kept secret imho.
It was proven to be untreated sepsis though, right? So there'd be no reason to mention any abortion if one even took place.

It was proven to be untreated sepsis though, right? So there'd be no reason to mention any abortion if one even took place.
People still think that, everyone thinks this is the case of the woman who died while getting an abortion unless they did a deeper dive. I thought that until I saw this thread. Even the wikipedia page mentions she died from an abortion. And you know what some newspapers can be like. I'm just saying.

People still think that, everyone thinks this is the case of the woman who died while getting an abortion unless they did a deeper dive. I thought that until I saw this thread. Even the wikipedia page mentions she died from an abortion. And you know what some newspapers can be like. I'm just saying.
Why was she left by the side of the road in a laundry bag? At most, we don't know what caused the sepsis; and we do know that someone didn't want to be tied to causing or not treating her sepsis.

I became involved in 2011, the DNA was flawed, we were able to get mtDNA but the matches were so distant (above 10 generations) it was impossible to get anything from it.

Since then, Hal and I have been working on this case daily to get Miss X identified. We've been down so many dead end roads you wouldn't even believe it. We came across some additional material that we were able to extract DNA from at the end of 2020 and although the chances of it being viable were slim, we gave it a go and it worked. The files were transcribed and uploaded to Gedmatch. We knew who she was in 2020, we had photographs, details of how she ended up on the side of Porter Road, everything... but we couldn't prove she was Patra legally as surviving adopted family were small cousins when she disappeared and her biological half family didn't know what she looked like! It has been a long, slow, legal slog to prove that Miss X is Patra, but we got there in the end!
Thank you so much for your persistence. I have been following this since the beginning and was stunned that no one seemed to be missing her, especially with such clear post-mortem photos.

How did she end up at the side of the road??

No, people are being delicate about it, but 9/10 for a woman her age, at that point in history, the cause of sepis is known. That's why she was left in an industrial laundry bag. MOO.

Yes, the homestyle abortion attempt by introducing either a piece of soap in the cervix or rinsing the uterus with soapy solution (i guess the former happened as there was an actual soapy substance found inside her) caused the sepsis that killed her. It happens very quickly, starts like a common cold with fever and chills but progresses very quickly and youre dead within 24 hours. Even today if there is no quick antibiotic administration, it is fatal.
Someone must have been with her who got creeped out when she died and decided to dump her body. The abortion itself could have been "home made" by herself, not necessary by someone else. Even though there were women in every community pregnant ladies went to discreetly for amateur abortions.

Is there any information about her boyfriend or who she shared an apartment with? Too bad we do not have the fetus anymore for DNA analysis, we could figure out who the father was. And this man was probably the one who dumped her.
Technically it could have been the parents as well but somehow a boyfriend who did not want the pregnancy to happen and then ended up with his girlfriend dead after the abortion attempt would be more likely to dump her and go on with his life.

If he is still alive, he is probably some jolly grandfather.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back