Identified! DE - Bear, WhtFem 16-25, UP7097, pregnant, in laundry bag, Mar'67 - NamUs removed

Check out the thread for Tina Kemp if you have not already.

I'm sorry, I was not implying that this Doe was Tina....I was responding to another Websleuths member above (Elliott Alderson) to look at Tina Kemps thread since he was interested in cases referencing Delaware.
Apologies for the confusion!

POSSIBLY SOLVED???? Saw the info about the Boy in the box news and went down the rabbit hole into this unidentified case. Found this on FindAGrave, can't seem to find anything else anywhere else. A Greek half brother believes thru DNA this is his sister?

Identity unknown; found deceased along Porter Road in Bear, DE. Believed to be between the ages of 16 - 25 years.

The Back Story is several Greeks have been assisting a male in Greece in his search for his half sister. While we were searching, the Greek male brother uploaded his DNA to GEDmatch and he has a match to a female who had high cMs indicating it was a sister; her DNA was uploaded by a female from the Channel Islands which completely stunned us. While this was happening, we learned that the female DNA on GEDmatch was a DNA match to a female left on a road in Bear Delaware, possibly due to a "criminal abortion." The brother in Greece does not speak English but a female Greek friend (living in Greece) contacted the Delaware Forensics Division. Many months ago, the Greek Police obtained the brother's DNA and submitted the DNA to the Delaware Forensics Division. We are waiting on the Coroner to submit his report, even though he told the Greek Brother that he, in fact, is a DNA match to Patrona (Patra) Patmios, the deceased female found in Bear, Delaware, on 18 March 1967. 1 December 2022
That sounds totally credible, even though written in poor English ("male brother" and typos). Looks like theyre waiting for the official LE confirmation and release.
She was found to possibly have Greek heritage. I wonder how she ended up in Delaware. Was she adopted by a Greek family in America?

Edit: Indeed, the Patmios family was a Greek couple who emigrated to the US. Found them on a genealogy site. Patra emigrated with them as a child.

Last edited:
I believe the ID (albeit unusual) is true, it just was posted 5 days ago and since it is an international case between two continents and a language barrier between the half brother and American LE, an official release may take a good while.
It makes a lot of sense, i cant find any records of Patra beyond the 1960s. And why would anyone go so much into detail if there is nothing behind it?

Jmoo

I believe the ID (albeit unusual) is true, it just was posted 5 days ago and since it is an international case between two continents and a language barrier between the half brother and American LE, an official release may take a good while.
It makes a lot of sense, i cant find any records of Patra beyond the 1960s. And why would anyone go so much into detail if there is nothing behind it?

Jmoo
Your source is better than mine. ;)

A little more googling revealed an old fb seach post from 2020 that a half brother looked for his bio sister who should be around 71 now and grew up on the upper east side and that he already searched on greek ancestry pages but with no luck.

If its really her, she was there all the time.

Wow. I hope it will be officially announced.

It's mostly long time local residents that remember this case. I was 6 yrs old living about a mile away. Never forgot & drive past there frequently. Thru the years she's been forgotten, or nvr heard of bc of the age of the case. Sad. But hoping she's named before I leave this earth. ❤

POSSIBLY SOLVED???? Saw the info about the Boy in the box news and went down the rabbit hole into this unidentified case. Found this on FindAGrave, can't seem to find anything else anywhere else. A Greek half brother believes thru DNA this is his sister?

Identity unknown; found deceased along Porter Road in Bear, DE. Believed to be between the ages of 16 - 25 years.

The Back Story is several Greeks have been assisting a male in Greece in his search for his half sister. While we were searching, the Greek male brother uploaded his DNA to GEDmatch and he has a match to a female who had high cMs indicating it was a sister; her DNA was uploaded by a female from the Channel Islands which completely stunned us. While this was happening, we learned that the female DNA on GEDmatch was a DNA match to a female left on a road in Bear Delaware, possibly due to a "criminal abortion." The brother in Greece does not speak English but a female Greek friend (living in Greece) contacted the Delaware Forensics Division. Many months ago, the Greek Police obtained the brother's DNA and submitted the DNA to the Delaware Forensics Division. We are waiting on the Coroner to submit his report, even though he told the Greek Brother that he, in fact, is a DNA match to Patrona (Patra) Patmios, the deceased female found in Bear, Delaware, on 18 March 1967. 1 December 2022
Thx for posting! Nvr heard anything like this. Any more details? How did she get here? Curious minds want to know more!

Her NamUs is down for me? Anyone else?

WOW!!! Reading this and everyone else's research on the thread I'm hoping that she really is Patra and that Patra can rest now.

Thanks for confirming it was just on my end so I didn't get carried away! :p

That was weird..it is up for me now too...and all the other sites have her listed as unidentified, but Find a Grave information is interesting to read for sure!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back