GUILTY DE - Dr. Melvin Morse for waterboarding 11yo daughter, Sussex, 12 July 2012

Morse has Joe Hurley as an attorney who is excellent. How can Morse afford Joe Hurley?

He's probably doing it pro bono...for a bit of notoriety maybe? Just a guess. Morse owes a whole of money to the IRS, so surely he doesn't have the money? He's made a ton of money in his lifetime, YET NOW HAS NOTHING. Or so he says~

He's probably doing it pro bono...for a bit of notoriety maybe? Just a guess. Morse owes a whole of money to the IRS, so surely he doesn't have the money? He's made a ton of money in his lifetime, YET NOW HAS NOTHING. Or so he says~

Joe does not need the notoriety. He is that excellent. Do you remember the college kids that had the baby in the motel room and the boy put the baby in the motel dumpster? He represented the boy. Joe Hurley has an excellent reputation and if I needed a defense attorney, he is my first call. Gene Mauer is second.

Hi Zuri :seeya:
Is there alot of coverage on your local news? I would think that being a high profile case like this there would be news about it everywhere. I only stumbled on it because it was on my home page MSN. This (the trial) was the first thing I have ever seen or heard about this case.
The very fact that he wrote best selling books on near death experience's, mainly from children's experience's is very disturbing to me! He's been on Oprah and Larry King. He's was a well known pediatrician! I cannot believe this is not a bigger story. ARGGG

Dmacky, Thank you for pointing me back to this thread. This guy is diabolical and needs to go away for good.

Hi Zuri :seeya:
Is there alot of coverage on your local news? I would think that being a high profile case like this there would be news about it everywhere. I only stumbled on it because it was on my home page MSN. This (the trial) was the first thing I have ever seen or heard about this case.
The very fact that he wrote best selling books on near death experience's, mainly from children's experience's is very disturbing to me! He's been on Oprah and Larry King. He's was a well known pediatrician! I cannot believe this is not a bigger story. ARGGG

I looked in today's paper and there is nothing about this case. Nothing. It may be being picked up by the Baltimore papers, or in the News Journal, Sussex Edition. A friend of mine is a reporter and I will call him tomorrow to ask who is covering it.

On a side note, my stepmother gave me a copy of one of his books that she picked up at one of those close out book places. I threw it out as soon as I started reading this thread, unread. :seeya:

I looked in today's paper and there is nothing about this case. Nothing. It may be being picked up by the Baltimore papers, or in the News Journal, Sussex Edition. A friend of mine is a reporter and I will call him tomorrow to ask who is covering it.

On a side note, my stepmother gave me a copy of one of his books that she picked up at one of those close out book places. I threw it out as soon as I started reading this thread, unread. :seeya:

BBM ~
:floorlaugh:

Have a good day Zuri!

I can't believe the sparse reporting in this case.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20140131/NEWS/301310024/Social-worker-testifies-in-waterboarding-trial?odyssey=tab%7Cmostpopular%7Ctext%7CDW
snip
In a Georgetown courtroom Thursday, a social worker testified Morse gave conflicting statements about whether he was the girl’s biological father after his initial arrest, and a Delaware State Police investigator described how police recovered several images and videos from computers in Morse’s Harbeson-area home.

I can't believe the sparse reporting in this case.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20140131/NEWS/301310024/Social-worker-testifies-in-waterboarding-trial?odyssey=tab%7Cmostpopular%7Ctext%7CDW
snip
In a Georgetown courtroom Thursday, a social worker testified Morse gave conflicting statements about whether he was the girl’s biological father after his initial arrest, and a Delaware State Police investigator described how police recovered several images and videos from computers in Morse’s Harbeson-area home.

Hi SusziQ :wave:
I agree! This to me anyway, is a high profile trial! But there is nothing being reported :banghead: Thanks for the link ~

Hi SusziQ :wave:
I agree! This to me anyway, is a high profile trial! But there is nothing being reported :banghead: Thanks for the link ~

Maybe because it involves a minor. jmo

A former Delaware pediatrician has been sentenced to three years in prison for waterboarding the daughter of his longtime companion by holding her head under a faucet.

A judge also sentenced Melvin Morse to probation on Friday for other charges related to the girl's abuse.

Morse's attorney asked the judge for mercy, saying Morse is suffering from prostate cancer and other health conditions. But prosecutors said Morse deserved prison time for years of emotional and physical abuse of the girl.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/delaware-doctor-years-waterboarding-case-23289824

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back