DE DE - Odessa, Rt 9 & Vance Neck Rd, WhtFem 701UFDE, 20-35, Nov'93

A new sketch of this UID was added to Namus in December

I know it's a few years off but what about Kathleen Meyers?
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2909dfde.html

I did a badly need revision of my reconstruction for Odessa DE Jane Doe.

My previous version was the first attempt that I had ever done of a reconstruction of a skull. I did a second version that wasn't much better.

But I have a much better handle on the software and my techniques, and I think this new version is much closer to what she looked like.

bc32a78f-57da-4646-ad07-18d07aacc246.jpg

(And keep in mind that this facial reconstruction is based on a photo of her skull, and a general description of her hairstyle. Details such as her overall look,and the shape of her eyes, lips, etc. are not intended to be exact depictions)

The only thing that would make me think this isn't Sheree is that brain matter was reportedly found in her car and the coroner ruled her death due to blunt force trauma. It would be highly likely that the skull would have shown pretty severe trauma if there was brain matter. Carl, do you know if the skull in the photos was reconstructed?

The only thing that would make me think this isn't Sheree is that brain matter was reportedly found in her car and the coroner ruled her death due to blunt force trauma. It would be highly likely that the skull would have shown pretty severe trauma if there was brain matter. Carl, do you know if the skull in the photos was reconstructed?

The NamUs UP casefile includes enough angles of the skull to be pretty clear that it was not damaged enough to permit the loss of brain matter.

This seems like it could be a domestic brawl. Since her skull wasn't damaged badly enough to lose brain matter, it seems like she might have been strangled or beaten. Her good dentition, having maybe had a child, and clean look does not seem like someone who was a transient or prostitute either. I'd be interested if they could see divorce records from that area, from the late 80s/early 90s. Her husband could have been angered by her divorcing him, a fight ensued, and he told her family that she walked out.

I think she resembles Wilda Mae Benoit.

attachment.php
attachment.php

I don't think it's her, because DNA is in NamUs, but perhaps one of the samples is tainted? I don't know, they probably just resemble each other. Age is off but height is right.

Attachments

• benoit_wilda.jpg
    benoit_wilda.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 154
  • odessa.jpg
    odessa.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 148
Current list of NamUs rule outs as of 24 August 2017:
  • Susan Cerritelli 1956 Pennsylvania
  • Dail Dinwiddie 1969 South Carolina
  • Kathryn R. Gregory 1950 Washington
  • Ellabeth Lodermeier 1948 South Dakota
  • Catherine Malcolmson 1969 Massachusetts
  • Anne Manchester 1954 Delaware
  • Myra Manley 1964 Pennsylvania
  • Christine Markey 1970 New York
  • Kathleen Meyers 1962 Delaware
  • Dawn Miller 1970 Pennsylvania
  • Jennifer Lynn Padnos 1971 Virginia
  • Diane Robbins 1971 Washington
  • Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
  • Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida
Also, Arisoneide Gosselin 1960 California via individual submission.

Bumping for Odessa Jane Doe, who has been unidentified for 24 years today.

I just stumbled upon this case. Looks like Odessa Jane Doe was found in 11/93, added here 10/09, it's now 12/17. Sad after so many years there's so little on her thread. I'm a Delaware native & know the area where she was found is just minutes away from our highly traveled main Rts. 13 & 1. They run N & S thru our state, easy access to I95 which runs the East Coast. Also close to waterways. Hard to guess where she could have come from. Any updates with DNA?? I hope someone comes forward somewhere with something! Too many years unknown.

Has Christine Boggio ever been submitted?

A couple of months ago, I stumbled across this case. I was drawn in by the hi-res photos of the skull. While looking at them, it appeared to me that it was more typically Asian than Caucasian. I have no formal training in forensics, but I have read a considerable amount of material on it, mostly journal articles. Here's my basis for thinking this:

1. Rounded orbitals, or eye sockets, Asian bone structure tends to have rounded orbitals while Caucasians tend to have rectangular orbits with rounded corners.

2. Minimal brow ridge. Caucasians tend to have a moderate to pronounced brow ridge.

3. Rounded nasal aperture, or opening, Caucasians tend to have elongated nasal apertures.

4. Nasal index, which is a comparison of nasal length beginning at the nasal root to the width of the aperture. In this case it's approximately 51, which is within the typical range for Asians (48-53).

5. The base of the nose opening, the nasal sill, appears to be rounded, while Caucasians tend to have a sharp sill with a defined, rough edge.

6. Tented nasal bridge. Caucasians tend to have a have a steepled bridge. This refers to the upward angle of the bridge. Think of it as a comparison of the roof of a church steeple and the roof of a tent.

7. The zygomatic arch appears to angle outward, while it has little angle in Caucasians.

Skull Comparison.jpg

Based on this, I created the following reconstruction.

Reconstruction OJD.jpg

Using bony landmarks, some knowledge of anatomy, and standard facial proportions, I painted over an image the skull. Focusing on how muscle, and fat overlay the bone, rather than standard tissue depths, I think the result should be more accurate than other methods. But, the ultimate test will be finding a match.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back