GUILTY DE - Sussex Co, 34, dismembered, *GRAPHIC* Mar 2019 - Tia Tucker - *ARREST*

I’m new here so I don’t know the rules well. Of course feel free to remove if I’m breaking them.

I live where this happened. Have many mutual friends, one of which told me they were roommates and she owed him about $1,000.

I used to think "serial killer" whenever I saw that a body was dismembered but after a few years of following cases here I have found that it is more likely to be someone who knew the victim and is trying to make it look like a serial killer. Especially when they leave the parts lying around in a place they will be found. Grace Packer's case is an example of this -- she was dismembered by her adopted mom's boyfriend and they left the parts scattered in a park area. The staging of a scene gives it away that someone is trying to make a murder look random. MOO.

Do you have a source for it being more likely to be someone trying to look like a serial killer?

Do you have a source for it being more likely to be someone trying to look like a serial killer?

No, no source. That is my personal observation and my opinion from following many different types of cases here over the years (MOO means "My Opinion Only").

Some quotes from the article:
Delaware State Police are charging 32-year-old Joseph Beck for murdering 34-year-old Tia Tucker. Beck is facing four charges: Murder First Degree, Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony, Possession of a Firearm by a Person Prohibited and Abuse of Corpse. Police found Tucker's body on South Shell Bridge Road in Laurel on March 9th. She was found dead due to a gunshot wound, though a Virginia search warrant affidavit states the body "suffered numerous incised wounds caused by an unknown cutting instrument."
On March 13th, Beck was arrested in Virginia for a DUI and has been held in a Stafford jail since. A Virginia search warrant affidavit for Beck's car reveals the details that led up to his arrest and his alleged crime.
According to the documents, Beck was pulled over in Stafford County, Virginia for speeding and told police he was in Delaware. Beck told the Virginia officer he had taken four oxycodone pills, and prescription bottles of oxycodone and methadone were in the driver's side door.

The documents state Tucker was last seen on Thursday, March 7th. Texts between Tucker and a family member on March 5th and 6th state Tucker had left the motel she was staying in, and she was with Beck and another woman at a home on Loblolly Lane in Laurel.

Family struggles with plea agreement for man who killed, mutilated Sussex woman in 2019
28 Oct 2021

SBM

A 35-year-old man who killed a Sussex County woman in 2019 then mutilated her body was sentenced to 20 years in prison after he pleaded guilty to manslaughter on Tuesday. A Sussex County Grand Jury indicted Joseph Beck on charges of first-degree murder, abusing a corpse and two other firearm-related charges after police found 34-year-old Tia Tucker's body dismembered and dumped on the side of a road near Bethel on March 9, 2019. [snip]
Beck, who was originally scheduled to have a trial last year before the pandemic pushed back the date, had pleaded not guilty to the murder charge. Then on Tuesday, he pleaded guilty to manslaughter, abuse of a corpse and two weapons charges. In addition to incarceration, Superior Court Judge Craig A. Karsnitz also sentenced Beck to probation after he is released from prison.
#more at link

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back