Death Fall Forensic - Can a body falling from 13.3m height land 3.5m away?

Discussion in 'General Information & Discussion' started by Qrious, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Qrious

Qrious Active Member

Unfortunately nothing was recorded in the service lift area. A report mentioned that the CCTV in the lift would activate on motion. So it was likely he did not enter the lift.

Yes he was taking two steps at a time and looking kind of panicky when he was going up vs a steady pace when going down.

Here's a sketch I found online:
    IMG_9930.jpg

2. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

I wish we knew what substances were & were not tested for. In the case I referenced earlier, we were waiting for tox & I was thinking enough with the Ambien theories/stories already. But I sure learned a lot about the drug & became convinced it can produce BIZARRE behavior. There seem to be strong similarities at first glance. I’ll pipe down about the Ambien now...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  3. Steph8angels

Steph8angels Eye in the Sky

You just never know @JudgeJoe
    But your brilliance amazes me.
    Wisdom is our friend.
    A Lot of Common Sense is necessary in these case with a large pie of factual solid evidence.

Steph/out

4. JudgeJoe

Aww gawrsh, I think I’m blushing. Lol. Thanks for the vote of confidence.:D

5. musicaljoke

musicaljoke Well-Known Member

But would a person take Ambien on his wedding night?

Lilibet and JudgeJoe like this.
  6. JudgeJoe

That’s what I said too. I wouldn’t think so, but who knows?

7. Lilibet

Lilibet Watching & Waiting

Do you have links to the sketch and other posted info? Not being the link police, :D but we probably should try to comply with TOS. This case is very interesting. Regarding not taking Ambien on his wedding night, if he was drunk he might have taken it out of habit or by mistake. Is there a toxicology report available? Personally, I’ve taken Ambien on and off for years and never had an issue, but I know some have and you wouldn’t know if you were that person ahead of time.

Steph8angels and JudgeJoe like this.
  8. Qrious

Qrious Active Member

Hilton groom fell to death trying to get out of stairway

The above has slightly more details. Competition in Singapore press is limited so it is difficult to get extensive details. The few papers typically just report whatever the official version of events is and hardly endeavour to dig more. If you google, you might get a little more info from here and there to piece together, which was what I did.

Toxicology report was not made publicly available cuz no one asked for it. Even if one asked, I doubt the authorities here would release it.

Because of the strangeness of this case, there was of course public speculation. In the initial days, reports on the route he took were not accurate.

9. Lilibet

Lilibet Watching & Waiting

Thanks so much for the link @Qrious. There were other links after the article. It was tragic to learn that his widow attempted suicide soon after, and jumped from a building to her death eight months later. :(

THE couple wed in November last year but, within eight months, both husband and wife had fallen tragically to their deaths.

Yesterday, State Coroner Victor Yeo recorded a verdict of misadventure in the death of Mr Vernon Leong at the Hilton Singapore hotel on Nov 4. He had held his wedding banquet there hours earlier.

Mr Leong's wife, Ms Kerin Peh, 28, fell to her death eight months later from an HDB block on July 5.

Hilton groom fell to death trying to get out of stairway
    Questions over groom's death fall
    She intends to remain a widow for life

10. Magnum P.E.

Magnum P.E. Well-Known Member

Engineer here. I got 1.67 seconds for the fall, and the body traveled 3.5 m horizontally. That is roughly 2m/s initial horizontal velocity, which would be awfully fast to be running. However, we don’t know how much horizontal distance the bounce added.
    Can’t be completely sure, but I think it is well within the bounds of plausibility that he fell on his own.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    Tbone144 and Lexiintoronto like this.