Votes: 31 23.8%
  • LWoP - life without parole

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • Death Penalty - self explanatory

Votes: 57 43.8%
  • Undecided - self explanatory

Votes: 16 12.3%

• Total voters
He can be mentally ill-that doesn't necessarily make him legally insane and doesn't prevent a conviction.
Mental illness and legal insanity are not one and the same.

I understand the difference :rolleyes: - My vote stands, and my reasons are mine. I don't have to justify it to you or to anybody else.

What's the state going to do if half want the dp and half don't?

IMO, I think there will be a plea somewhere along the way. Lwop.

State can decide to do whatever it wants, it doesn't actually have to follow wishes of the victims, since it represents the state (justice) and not the victims personally.
I don't think there will be a plea here.

LWOP death penalty cases are so expensive..full of appeals that cost taxpayers a fortune and are generally a pain in the a.. I would definitely hope that he would plead guilty and go for LWOP. He does deserve the death penalty..

I'm going to post this article here b/c it has to do with LWOP or DP and the brand new DA elections coming up in Aurora. Both candiates list their opinion on DP in this article.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21243421/new-da-will-get-biggest-case-first-day?source=pkg

A story that is still making national headlines will bring with it maybe the biggest decision of his career as well: whether to seek the death penalty against James Eagan Holmes, the man charged with the brutal midnight attack carried out during the premiere of the new Batman movie, "The Dark Knight Rises."

That's because it's a question not likely to be left to current District Attorney Carol Chambers, who is term-limited and will leave office in January
after eight years as the top prosecutor in Arapahoe, Douglas, Elbert and Lincoln counties.

Instead, that decision will ultimately come from one of two men who are vying in November to replace Chambers: Democrat Ethan Feldman or Republican George Brauchler.

Both candidates have had experience with death-penalty cases: Brauchler, working with the prosecution in a military case; and Feldman — a former judge and prosecutor — as a defense attorney.

Ultimately, neither case sent anyone to death row

Don't know enough of the facts to make the decision yet, so undecided.

I voted LWOP – I will stick to this assuming there is no accomplice.
Never DP for MI people - they do suffer much - sometimes too much.

The reason I voted LWOP is he will be get some treatment, and he will never harm another person.
I do not trust them on the outside if they are violent... One never knows if they take their meds, or if they may try something new.

IF the case comes up with an additional person I will rethink this. Right now we have one guy 12 Dead, and 59 harmed by him.

Stick him in SuperMax in Florence, Colorado. That's a fate worse than the death penalty. There he will be treated like the low-life scum that he is.

Nathan Dunlap, the Chuck E Cheese killer has been on death row in Colorado since 1994, I think he is down to his last appeal now. Hopefully, he will have a date with the needle soon. But, the way things are going, he'll probably die of old age before he is executed.

Yes, I know Holmes suffers from mental illness, but a great deal of planning went into what he did. He KNEW what he was doing, so I am not going to give him a pass just because he has some sort of mental illness.

Personally I think that at this point there are way too many blanks to be filled in / questions to be answered to merit this poll being conducted; at this point we don't have enough hard evidence to base our responses on anything other than pure emotion. I vote to suspend the poll until we are presented with the facts of the case.

Personally I think that at this point there are way too many blanks to be filled in / questions to be answered to merit this poll being conducted; at this point we don't have enough hard evidence to base our responses on anything other than pure emotion. I vote to suspend the poll until we are presented with the facts of the case.
I get what you're saying. Though, I was thinking more along the lines of before and after.

By the way, you can't commit someone to a mental facility for life.
Those found NGRI are periodically evaluated. So, if found NGRI, he could very well get out one of these days, if some shrink declares him "cured" and judge sings off on it.

By the way, you can't commit someone to a mental facility for life.
Those found NGRI are periodically evaluated. So, if found NGRI, he could very well get out one of these days, if some shrink declares him "cured" and judge sings off on it.

True, but I don't see that happening. The Reagan shooter is still in a MH. That said, I would not be ok with him ever seeing the light of day and I suppose that's a possibility. He can never be trusted again. Still, I really think the poor sap needs treatment, badly.

True, but I don't see that happening. The Reagan shooter is still in a MH. That said, I would not be ok with him ever seeing the light of day and I suppose that's a possibility. He can never be trusted again. Still, I really think the poor sap needs treatment, badly.

They are now allowing Regan's shooter to get out on family visits.

Seriously folks Holmes has not had his day in court nor has any evidence been presented; talking about killing him without allowing for his constitutional right of a fair trial is not intelligent.

I say give him the justice juice...I don't care if he is crazy or not, he needs put down.

My vote was LWoP. I would reserve the death penalty only for LWoP convicts who commit additional serious crimes (murder, rape, torture, escape ...) while incarcerated.

He planned and set his actions on killing and injuring innocent people. That's enough for me.
death penalty is what he should get.

Death is the only sentence for this poser and coward.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back