Debbie Bradley and Jeremy Irwin on Dr. Phil 3 February 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the point of a polygraph if they are only to be believed when someone apparently fails the test?
But then I always have thought that something not usable in Court is pretty pointless anyway.

If someone passed the polygraph but is known to have lied based on other information and insists that it was completely justified to lie I wouldn't put much stock in the polygraph result. The liars are supposed to feel guilty about lying and get nervous physiological reactions because of that but if you can justify lying to yourself because it is convenient for you for whatever reason, if it was completely OK to lie because it had nothing to do with anything, why would you feel guilty?

I think LDTs are mostly only useful in getting people to confess, on occasion, and it might possibly aid in the investigation to see who is willing to take one and who is not. It's not reliable enough to prove someone lied or told the truth because it does not detect lying, it detects physical responses that are influenced by a number of other factors besides lying. In many countries the polygraph is not even used.

JMO but I think it's very likely that both the guilty and innocent are more likely to be nervous when asked "did you harm your baby" than some unthreatening control question. They both can tell what the important questions are, and the very idea of the baby being harmed may be enough to cause a physiological response in an innocent parent.

I would like to see more research into guilty knowledge tests. It's a variation of the polygraph in which there are several alternative scenarios and LE and the guilty person is supposed to be the only one to know which one is correct and react to that. But obviously it's very hard to construct and if LE doesn't know what happened either it's practically impossible, and how can one be sure that nothing has been leaked anywhere?

But this is OT. So, Dr. Phil...

I hope someone can transcribe the highlights when following the show because I won't be able to watch today.

Everyone must read and thank this post before posting in this thread: there will be absolutely NO SNARK, and NO BASHING of anyone in this thread.. that includes case players, the good Doctor, or other posters.

**if for some reason the thread is still locked at showtime please hit the alert button for a mod to come and open the doors**

Please could we close this thread and open another one when the show actually starts? If there is any actual new information in the show it would be easier to find later if you don't have to wade through 30 pages of general pre-Phil chatter first.

from : http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2012/01/27/lisa-irwin-case-debbie-and-jeremy-due-dr-phil/

:waitasec: I wonder if DB got her tatoo before the P McG Show and she will show it to the doc ...

:waitasec: Or maybe she got it after the show ...

moo ...

I wonder if she was under the influence of something when she got it...because, according to the article, she now regrets it, and wears longs sleeves to cover it up (it's on her forearm). Next door neighbors paid for it.

Are you referring to Lisa's parents first talking to LE about 3 months ago? Or are you referring to them talking to LE today. From your link-

imho

I'm talking about yesterday. Everyone has been very vocal about them NOT talking to LE or local media, but as soon as they do everyone either goes silent, totally disregards it or continues to bash it. Just proof that they can't/won't do anything ever to please some people. IMO

this lands at random: everyone is entitled to their own opinion.. attack the post and not the poster

Jeremy Irwin apparently has recent pics of Lisa for a new audience.

Us old ones don't get recent pics? Where the heck did he get recent pics?

JI commenting on why Dr. Phil now ....
]
"“A new audience will see more recent pictures and help bring her home,” said Jeremy Irwin."

Wait a second. . .backup!!!

So the parents have new recent pics of their missing child? Why aren't they releasing those to the public now (or better yet, 4 months ago)? Instead they are withholding them and are going to show them on Dr. Phil?! :waitasec:

Wait for it.
Think about that.

Yep! :furious:

I just watched the segment on the Today Show, which showed excerpts from the Dr. Phil interview. DB has tears streaming down her face, and is talking about how not a day goes by that she doesn't wake up and think about her baby. I believe her.

What I don't get is why she's not out there searching for her. I don't care if you've looked 1,000 times before. Look again. I've never been in this situation myself (thank God!), but I feel like that's what I'd be doing...I'd be out there searching and searching, until I was so tired and my feet were blistered and sore.

Why is she not out there looking? I know 4 months have gone by, and maybe she feels like she's already looked, so why look again?

IMO, there's only one reason to not look. And that's because you already know where your child is. If anyone can think of another reason, please tell me.

ETA: I guess she could have just given up hope, as a reason for not searching.

I tried to find the Today Show clip, but ever since they switched their website around, stuff is not easy to find there! Maybe I just imagined it.

Wait a second. . .backup!!!

So the parents have new recent pics of their missing child? Why aren't they releasing those to the public now (or better yet, 4 months ago)? Instead they are withholding them and are going to show them on Dr. Phil?! :waitasec:

Wait for it.
Think about that.

Yep! :furious:

Exactly!

I can't watch today but I sure will be coming here and reading tonight.

Here is what I think. I think no matter what DB/JI say during this show is not going to make anyone change their mind or even reconsider their position on their guilt/innocence. What I do find interesting is the fact that they are in fact talking about it and not just to Dr. Phil either. I don't buy the money aspect, nobody's paying them to talk to LE and I don't buy the image aspect, because if one is truly guilty you try to lay low, not bring attention to yourself.

I'm glad BL is in the news again, I just wonder what is prompting them to pretty much remove the 'media blackout' that's been going on the last few months.

Here is what I think. I think no matter what DB/JI say during this show is not going to make anyone change their mind or even reconsider their position on their guilt/innocence. What I do find interesting is the fact that they are in fact talking about it and not just to Dr. Phil either. I don't buy the money aspect, nobody's paying them to talk to LE and I don't buy the image aspect, because if one is truly guilty you try to lay low, not bring attention to yourself.

I'm glad BL is in the news again, I just wonder what is prompting them to pretty much remove the 'media blackout' that's been going on the last few months.

I think there might be some people who change their minds, whether for the good, or bad. Every time we are given the opportunity to see them "in action" so to speak, it gives us another glimpse into who they are.

Having said that, I don't really think they'll tell us anything new. Maybe they'll clear some things up. Maybe Dr. Phil will ask just the right question, who knows?

My thoughts on why they're giving this interview and putting themselves out there again are probably better left unwritten here.

I just watched the segment on the Today Show, which showed excerpts from the Dr. Phil interview. DB has tears streaming down her face, and is talking about how not a day goes by that she doesn't wake up and think about her baby. I believe her.

What I don't get is why she's not out there searching for her. I don't care if you've looked 1,000 times before. Look again. I've never been in this situation myself (thank God!), but I feel like that's what I'd be doing...I'd be out there searching and searching, until I was so tired and my feet were blistered and sore.

Why is she not out there looking? I know 4 months have gone by, and maybe she feels like she's already looked, so why look again?

IMO, there's only one reason to not look. And that's because you already know where your child is. If anyone can think of another reason, please tell me.

ETA: I guess she could have just given up hope, as a reason for not searching.

I tried to find the Today Show clip, but ever since they switched their website around, stuff is not easy to find there! Maybe I just imagined it.

-----------------------------------------

1st BBM: JMO ... but IF those tears are REAL, they are for herself ... Deborah will live every day the rest of her life, looking over her shoulder ... waiting for that knock on the door ...

:waitasec: Or ... maybe they put those thingies in your eyes that make you cry like they do for actors ... or maybe, her attorney had some onions in his pocket for her to use to "cry on cue" ...

2nd BBM: She is not going to look for Lisa because she already KNOWS where she is ... canNOT think of any other reason ...

:seeya:

Have the family themselves ..Jeremy and Debbie actually done ANYthing at all to try to find their daughter? I've not seen one search organized by them, not one local interview during the October till Dr Phil, nothing, nada, zilch, zero.

Leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Wonder if Deb left a poster hung up in the Tatoo shop, these shops seem to be busy and all, would be a good place for people to take a look at the posters.

Has the family been involved with ANYONE to do ANYThing at all? I can't find that they have.

I must have missed that, did she really get a tatoo? Was it down her leg like Ronald Cummings got, or on her shoulder like Casey Anthony got? I see a definate pattern here...:floorlaugh:

Yep ... there is a definite pattern ...

The Hinky Meter is the first place that I read where she said that DB got a tat ... and The Hinky Meter is approved here at WS ...

IMO ... Valhall wrote a really good piece about DB's appearance on P McG Show ...

JMO ... "where there is smoke, there is fire" ... so ... it would not surprise me if she got a tat about Lisa ...

MOO ...:seeya:

Could there be family pressure? They've laid low long enough and maybe everybody doesn't agree with it. They might have been listening to different advice this time.

JMO, but I think image probably has something to do with it. Guilty or innocent, it's better to be able to say, "we have been trying to keep the missing person in the news and we are cooperating with the police".

Another thing I wonder about is the teaser BS threw out about something mindboggling they've found out. It could be something or it could be nothing but maybe the attorneys and BS thought it would be better to do a little PR first before coming out with whatever it is.

Or JT and BS just wanted to be on TV again.

Be it how it may, it is hard to get over first impressions.

Please is anyone taping it to post on Youtube? TIA

I can't wait for the transcripts of the show to be posted. There have been several things that DB has said that have my feathers ruffled.
Is there a thread where this is being discussed?

Could there be family pressure? They've laid low long enough and maybe everybody doesn't agree with it. They might have been listening to different advice this time.

JMO, but I think image probably has something to do with it. Guilty or innocent, it's better to be able to say, "we have been trying to keep the missing person in the news and we are cooperating with the police".

Another thing I wonder about is the teaser BS threw out about something mindboggling they've found out. It could be something or it could be nothing but maybe the attorneys and BS thought it would be better to do a little PR first before coming out with whatever it is.

Or JT and BS just wanted to be on TV again.

Be it how it may, it is hard to get over first impressions.

BBM

On the first point, you may be right. Jim Spellman said as much, saying from what he gathered there are two camps in that family right now, one which supports them not saying much, dealing with JT, etc. The other camp thinks they should be talking more, to LE, locally, etc. It's possible that this camp has become more vocal, putting more pressure on DB/JI to get out there more.

On your second point, I can understand that mindset. Sadly, I think that mindset sometimes goes to far, especially if information comes out that makes the parents look more innocent than guilty. At the end of the day, she's either responsible for something or she isn't. I question those that are so deep rooted in their belief that they are unwilling to consider/acknowledge the alternative should it come to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26