Deborah Bradley & Jeremy Irwin - Dr. Phil Interview - 3 February 2012 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Padua,you are absolutely correct, Dr. Phil had the ability to bring Baby Lisa's face to 7 1/2 million in the viewing audience, the fact is he wouldn't be interested in doing that.

Dr. Phil is about ratings & selling commericials that happen about every 10 minutes in his program, I didn't have a problem with the interview, if my child were missing, I would have begged for the opportunity to show my childs face to 7 1/2 milliion. imo, you can't blame the Deborah/Jeremy for taking the opportunity for doing so imo, ANY parent of a missing child would do the same.

I understand what you're getting at. Dr Phil wouldn't have done something he couldn't sensationalize. But the commercials seemed to be every 5 minutes!!!

Has anyone ever heard DB call Lisa by her name? I don't think I have. It's always "MY daughter or OUR daughter or a 10 month old baby."

On the very first interview, they both never mention her name. They refer to Lisa as "She" and "her".

Something I didn't realize before, it's not anything major but just caught this now. DR Phil wasn't asking her about the media or the public at first, he asked her about the KCPD, DB didn't really answer about KCPD, but went into speaking about what's been said by the public.

Dr. Phil asks Deborah and Jeremy, “Do y’all feel that you’ve gotten a fair shake from the Kansas City Police Department?”

“No, I don’t,” Deborah says, with tears rolling down her face. “There’s nothing but misinformation out there. That’s all there is. There are nothing but theories and accusations. There are just people making outright lies … It just became a circus, and it’s not a joke. It is not a circus. It’s not a game. This is my baby!”

Dr. Phil tells them that he is interested in clearing up the rumors. “That’s nothing but distraction,” he says. “If they’re going down the wrong road, then that means they’re not going down the right road. What we want is to find this precious child.”

Sounds like he's talking about KCPD, she responds about the internet. It's possible it could been nerves on her part and not hearing the question correctly.

good points.

wonder what the stats are b/w accuracy rates of drug hit alerts vs. dead body hit alerts??

i just don't understand how this one hit can be so easily discounted by segments of the public... an FBI trained dog has to be one of the best trained in the nation... but this is all OT to this thread... sorry.

I agree and would also like to know the accuracy rate.

OT I had a Boston terrier mix that should have been a drug dog or something. We lived in a new home and she would dig holes 6-12" deep in our yard. Very naughty. Then we realized there were big boards, chunks of concrete and construction garbage buried in our yard. Our awesome builder had left a mess and our little dog found it!

Sad....never heard this mother say...

Lisa, mommy loves you.
Lisa, mommy misses you.
Lisa, we will find you.
Lisa, I am sorry.
Lisa, I will bring you home.

These are all things that I would be crying out to anyone who would give me a forum. I would most likely be on the ground writhing in agony, but I would say it - shout it from the mountain tops. I don't even hear this mother call her missing child by her name....:(

now I am curious if Deb ever told the KCPD about the ear infection or is that new info to them to...That would be one of the first things I would say to a PO,my baby is sick with an ear infection -we have got to let people know so they see she is taken care of..I say this so that they could put out an alert to all the hospitals to keep a look out for a baby that looks like Lisa with an EI..

I'm well aware that DB stated that Lisa was sick with a cold and cough. I have never heard that Lisa had an ear infection until yesterday. If this was reported in an interview, I have not seen this interview and I thought I'd seen them all. JMO

matou, as the suvivor mom of 2 kids that had countless ear infections & ear surgeries, skin grafted to cover a hole in my daughter's ear twice. If my children had a head cold they too usually had an ear infection. Draining is common into the ear canal with head colds. Usually the cold starts first, then they pull on their ears because they hurt.

this imo, is not earth shattering informaton, as I said, I read it in the beginning of the case. Deborah could have possibly told this to LE, NO BODY knows the facts, this is more speculation that LE doesn't know this. Surely LE watched every single interview that Deborah Bradley did. You can bet any medication for Baby Lisa was removed from the house & exactly what any prescription was for.

I tried to look for a link for you but there are hundreds of links in this case.

Something I didn't realize before, it's not anything major but just caught this now. DR Phil wasn't asking her about the media or the public at first, he asked her about the KCPD, DB didn't really answer about KCPD, but went into speaking about what's been said by the public.

Dr. Phil asks Deborah and Jeremy, “Do y’all feel that you’ve gotten a fair shake from the Kansas City Police Department?”

“No, I don’t,” Deborah says, with tears rolling down her face. “There’s nothing but misinformation out there. That’s all there is. There are nothing but theories and accusations. There are just people making outright lies … It just became a circus, and it’s not a joke. It is not a circus. It’s not a game. This is my baby!”

In case somebody missed the memo, DB is all about herself. She told reporters on thursday how excited she was. I am sure she was. She was getting attention. I don't know how anyone will recognize this baby. They virtually have nothing to show. At least we got to see the house all perty. They took down the black trash bags off lisa's window and it looks like they took down w/e that was draping the boys' room window and put up window tx.

My take on this is they were paid for the video tour. The cummings got paid when they gave a tour on another network. Seems to be the way they do things. Joe T may get a good portion of the take, I'd imagine.

matou, as the suvivor mom of 2 kids that had countless ear infections & ear surgeries, skin grafted to cover a hole in my daughter's ear twice. If my children had a head cold they too usually had an ear infection. Draining is common into the ear canal with head colds. Usually the cold starts first, then they pull on their ears because they hurt.

this imo, is not earth shattering informaton, as I said, I read it in the beginning of the case. Deborah could have possibly told this to LE, NO BODY knows the facts, this is more speculation that LE doesn't know this. Surely LE watched every single interview that Deborah Bradley did. You can bet any medication for Baby Lisa was removed from the house & exactly what any prescription was for.

I tried to look for a link for you but there are hundreds of links in this case.

Then why was the ear infection not mentioned on the AA-Just curious..

I understand what you're getting at. Dr Phil wouldn't have done something he couldn't sensationalize. But the commercials seemed to be every 5 minutes!!!

hey, it's down right abusive! LOL, you too are right on that dr phil, "wouldn't have done something he couldn't sensationalize!" SPOt ON! :great:

Sad....never heard this mother say...

Lisa, mommy loves you.
Lisa, mommy misses you.
Lisa, we will find you.
Lisa, I am sorry.
Lisa, I will bring you home.

These are all things that I would be crying out to anyone who would give me a forum. I would most likely be on the ground writhing in agony, but I would say it - shout it from the mountain tops. I don't even hear this mother call her missing child by her name....:(

Nope, but she mentioned that she was okay somewhere. That short sentence speaks volumnes.

I've also had to deal with multiple ear infections with my child and her ear drum burst, not fun. The type of medication needed to treat this is different than having a cold or cough, as you know. So why not tell the abductor about it, to make sure Lisa was properly treated for it, in case it spread from one ear to the other, or if it lead to an overload of bacteria and burst her ear drum? Fever associated with infection needs to be dealt with too. The only ear topic mentioned is a bug bite near her left ear. It seems strange that she forgot to mention the ear infection when mentioning the location of the bug bite. JMO I think she needed to legitimize why Lisa was in a crib for most of the day.

re: drug detection dogs at the airport

i've only ever seen one K9 at a time performing these sniff tests... so--

if this one dog "detects", that's good enough... as probable cause or reasonable suspicion (whichever is correct) for a person/luggage search - right?

so why would a cadaver dog hit need to be verified with another dog to be a legit hit? (and to be a believable "hit" by those who say it isn't b/c it wasn't "verified")...

seems an odd contradiction to me... IDK.
No. it still has to be verified. they have to search for possible drugs and then test them to see if legit. If they don't find the drugs, bad hit. Not a given by any means. some might very well use more dogs, dunno.

Deborah did an interview in the beginning of the case in which she stated that Baby Lisa had been sick. It's not new information & where I usually BLOG, those of us following the case closely had all read it.

I didn't save the link because I didn't see any reason too. You can probably unearth that interview but you are going to have to start at the begginng of the case. It is NOT new information unless you missed it the first time.

I remember when she said she had been sick, but I never remember her specifically saying an ear infection, never. And I think it is important information. There is a big difference between a 10 month old having a stuffy nose, and one having an ear infection. imo An ear infection is much more serious, painful and potentially dangerous. It would involve more care on the parents part in terms of taking antibiotics at the necessary time and watching for a temperature spike and checking the other ear to make sure it is not spreading. My son once went from an ear infection into a horrible case of scarlet fever. It is not to be taken lightly. imo

Then why was the ear infection not mentioned on the AA-Just curious..

How would anyone know that or why would you expect anyone to know? we have NO IDEA what the family shared with LE. Do you have knowledge exactly who wrote up the AMBER alert? Pehaps they chose to leave it off, NO BODY knows.

imo, there is a LOT of information that we may never know. I don't know what transpired nor does anyone else, there remains a lot of speculation. IF LE had any evidence, they would make an arrest. imo, they do not have anythiing & I fear the case may grow old.

Can you lead me to a source where Deb mentioned Lisa having an ear infection? I had never heard this info before and I've been following from the beginning. TIA
It was in the very interveiw that the thread is about. She said that Lisa was clearing an ear infection - almost over it. Was that lost in all of the hubbub over the lights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member